Sunreavers [spoilers]

Did not see a single one of them while doing Horde side. So either it was later changed or they are VERY rare spawns.

It is apparently the previous. Because here is a video from 9 months ago and there is not a single Tauren, Blood elf, No allied races but only Orcs, Undead and some Goblins (due to machinery/gadgets). It wasn’t until you got all the way to Ruins of Darkshore (The end), that you started to see Trolls.

I did it as SOON as it went live. I wouldn’t doubt that blizzard might have patched in “other things” to the scenario, before it ended.

Now- to be fair- The assassin WAS a Blood elf (who later dies). But we are talking about forces.

Aethas doesn’t have time to refuse to leave. All he has time to say is “It’s our city too,” which is barely the beginning of a discussion. The words “We will not leave” never come out of his mouth. Jaina doesn’t even give him the chance to say them.

Also, every other Sunreaver has no idea that the conversation even took place. Judging by the one guy who’s trying to get his stuff from the bank and go, at least some of them were entirely willing to vacate the city peacefully. If Jaina (and Vereesa) really just wanted them to leave the city–as opposed to wanting a fig leaf of justification before venting their frustration on the Sunreavers–neither of them would have stopped people like him. And they certainly wouldn’t have killed/disabled the dragonhawks to actually prevent the Sunreavers from leaving.

14 Likes

All forces phase in and out depending of what world quest is up, this ones was up quite a few times on Horde during the second part of the WoT and is as much canon as any other ones.

What I am curious about is the next “test of loyalty” that Nathanos is alluding to.

2 Likes

I am pretty sure he is just quoting Taran Zhu’s lecture to him and Jaina back in MoP. It makes sense to mention it since this is very close to a mirror situation with literally Jaina being on the other side of the conversation.

That said, for me it just highlights how much this is a MoP rehash. Even the patch number matches up.

13 Likes

not sure if its been posted here but updated dialogue

Hathorel: Ah. Right on schedule as Sylvanas knew you would be.

Saurfang: We do not wish to end any more lives. Let us take Baine and go.

Hathorel: No, Traitor. Lady Proudmoore. Do you remember me?

Hathorel: I am Magister Hathorel, one of the many innocent Sunreaver mages you sicced your Silver Covenant dogs upon.

Jaina: There was more violence than I had wished, but it was the Sunreavers who betrayed us, first.

Hathorel:A few who were following the orders of their lawful Warchief. As I do now. I will hold the barrier. Kill them!

7 Likes

Wow… so there are Sunreavers who just… blatantly admit they betrayed the Kirin Tor knowingly, and are upset about the consequences?

I hope that changes before it goes live.

10 Likes

Good girl.

I kind of feel sorry for him now, though. He actually, willingly locked himself in a room with Jaina, Thrall, Saurfang, and the PC.

4 Likes

I hope not! After all these years and all these debatez on the forum finally proof from the horse’s own mouth that the Sunreavers shoukdblame themselves for the Purge. Hell, I feel like Blizzard transposed one of the forum debate on the subject right into the game!

The Horde has been kicked enough these days. Besides, Dalaran never should have gone neutral again. The Friendship between Dalaran and Quel’Thalas should be dead and gone, and this, ‘Neutrality,’ farce needs to stop. I get that Khadgar doesn’t want to get involved in the war, but it’s pretty glaring how he’s the only one of the Sons of Lothar who is sitting it out.

5 Likes

yikes

And the birth of the San’layn narrative!

Any time an elf dies…they’re in the shadows…collecting the bodies…

I call Old God shenanigans. “The Boy King”, “The King of Diamonds”, “The Lord of Ravens”… Funny how the big shots calling for some modicum of peace with the Horde are Old God pawns.

1 Like

An interesting point. A lot of individuals who fit the descriptions of pawns of the Old Gods are inadvertently protecting the Horde. Imagine if Dalaran was on the Alliance’s side, and that Varian was alive. This war would be over.

Thalen Songweaver was a Garrosh loyalist and he only fought on behalf of the True Horde once they specifically fetched him. It’s no surprise that the other Sunreaver Loyalists to Garrosh were staying put until someone claiming loyalty to Garrosh came for them.

Of course the notion that Sylvanas managed to convinced the Sunreavers loyal to Garrosh that she was loyal is hilarious! They clearly are oblivious to Sylvanas’s involvement in the Siege of Orgrimmar(they probably only know Lorthemar and Vol’jin were involved)!

1 Like

Is that how it reads to you guys? I read it as he, and many of the other sunreaver mages, were completely innocent during the divine bell incident (apparently guilty by association), but were still murdered and punished for something they had no hand in. The ones that did have a hand in it did so because the Warchief ordered it. Now he is seeking his revenge because the new Warchief commanded him to do so. I think more than anything this solidifies that the Alliance/Kirin Tor/Jaina Purge of Dalaran actually did murder and wrongfully imprison every Sunreaver based on the actions of a handful of members. They didn’t just purge the guilty ones, they purged a whole faction.

25 Likes

Considering the Sunreavers were able to field a large presence on the Isle of Thunder, and that they later rejoined Dalaran, I can’t agree with the conclusion of a lot of deaths happening. Mass Imprisonment still seems like the most likely case of what happened.

What kills me about this whole thing is whether or not these are actual Sunreavers (who should be neutral since Dalaran is staying out of the War and they’re part of Dalaran again), or Ex-Sunreavers.

Ex-Sunreavers would be fine, but if they’re actually Sunreavers… I mean, I get that this is MoP 2.0 and all, but geesh.

4 Likes

Ironic.

Varian wasn’t some kind of amazing tactical genius but he’d certainly be better than the naive idiots currently running the show.

1 Like

Kind of my point. Varian wouldn’t be anywhere near as, ‘merciful,’ as Anduin.

1 Like

I really do hope someone calls Anduin on throwing away his father’s oath made at the end of SoO.

5 Likes