Sunreavers [spoilers]

It’s totally possible the rank and file didn’t even know about that whole Garrosh angle.

So from their point of view it would seem Jaina and the Silver Covenant suddenly went crazy and started murdering a bunch of people who hadn’t actually done anything wrong.

6 Likes

Do you understand that Sunreaver vengeance against Jaina has NOTHING to do with supporting Sylvanas? Or did you never play during MoP Throne of Thunder? Even if you’ve never read that one book where Jaina purges Sunreavers from Dalaran, or played during MoP at all, just by reading what the character quotes say you can tell it’s a revenge motive. Sylvanas isn’t even mentioned!

in fact, she is mentioned.
“This feels wrong. Sylvanas must have known we were coming.
Indeed she did, traitor. You and Lady Proudmoore.”
“I have no quarrel with you.
Have you forgotten the purge of Dalaran, murderer? Today, the Sunreavers will be avenged.
Then your vendetta is with me, and me alone!”

1 Like

Almost like she made a very public and dramatic display of arresting Baine, out in the open, in the middle of Alliance territory, for a reason. :man_facepalming:

12 Likes

if Aethas is anything to go off of, the Sunreavers dont seem like the smartest folk.

3 Likes

Sunstriders betray Dalaran.
Jaina arrests and kills those few that resist.
Sunstriders and Aethas: *Shocked Pikachu face

15 Likes

Aethas always comes off to me like a Nickelodeon Cartoon villian, who’s always THINKS he’s ploting some kind of Diabolical Scheme involving Puppies and Cotton Candy… And constantly failing at it.

3 Likes

Sunreavers. It’s ok though. Blood Elven names are weird.

Like, the wind can whisper, and the storm can rage. But nobody strides on the sun. Or reaves it.

5 Likes

Now is a good time to post on the ptr forums. Let’s see how many band-aids blizzard can put on this.

Sun-thing-ers. Whatever :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

Jaina really does kill some Sunreavers, though. In the scene where she teleports to Dalaran and confronts Aethas, she murders his 5 guards. And any deaths from the Silver Covenant are also her responsibility, because she put them in charge of the purge in the first place.

Just because the teleport cooldown bug happened doesn’t mean she’s innocent.

11 Likes

As I said before, if anyone should bare responsiblity for what happened in Dalaran, it should be the Horde player! They were the ones who stole the bell and left clues implicating the Sunreavers.

3 Likes

The horde player helped take the bell, but wasn’t responsible for leaving clues to implicate anyone. You’re told that the mage that stays behind is supposed to clean up the scene so nobody knows you’re there.

But that doesn’t absolve Jaina of Dalaran in the slightest.

4 Likes

We kill guards all the time. They don’t matter.

2 Likes

Pretty sure Warcrimes end with Vol’jin forgiving Jaina for what happened. Regardless, there are PLENTY of people to blame for it all and I suggest the Sunreavers blame the Horde for their part first. Hell, before the whol Thing Jaina wanted Dalaran to be a beacon of peace for the Alliance/Horde.

6 Likes

The whole reason why I posted was because Aureton claimed that Blizzard was canonizing a bug about Jaina killing civilians. I was just pointing out that she really does kill some outside of that, and is responsible for others. I really don’t care what Vol’jin said in War Crimes, or whether or not the player kills guards too. I don’t see how either of your posts are relevant to that.

3 Likes

She killed guards, it was war, a war started by and propagated by the Horde. Again, if you want to blame someone, blame your Horde before Jaina.

6 Likes

High Elves should be blamed more than the Alliance.

2 Likes

Please explain what that has to do with the assumption that Blizzard was canonizing a bug.

2 Likes

Side note: What just struck me as hilarious is just how much the Blood Elves take umbrage at being forcibly removed from Dalaran, after forcibly expelling Elves from their home in Quel’thalas twice.

12 Likes