Sunk Cost Fallacy

I still enjoy the game for the most part.
What i really stay for is to find a guild like my old one, where it clicks and feels like i belong and make some long term friends.

So far no luck, im sure it will get better when tww drops

I think the time played has made it very comfortable. When trying other games, certain parts of combat etc. just feel different, and it’s hard to get that same level of comfort with a new mmo.

What’s represented on the screen is just an avatar of the character who lives/lived the stories in my mind, and on my hard drive. This is the one place they can continue to live out those stories. It’s not really sunk cost, but needing a place to bring them to life.

If they keep devaluing my time and effort by changing any more of my cosmetics months and months later, then they’ll see my investment go bye bye.

I want my Archivists Elegant Bag back. :rage:

1 Like

There’s enough that’s fun that it’s not a waste of my time or money. When it stops being fun – I’m looking at you, Shadowlands – I quit.

Nope. After however many expansions we have had now, I’ve had plenty of times my hard earned gear turned into trophies in my bank and void storage. GW2 ALMOST stole me away and if their end game wasn’t poop I’d still be there. The door is wide open for a WoW killer, but Ion for all his faults keeps the important part of the game good enough that the competition is still just competition.

I have considered this before. I actually quit Wow for a while and picked up some other hobbies. You have to have something to motivate you or you’ll just sit there like a brick with a heartbeat.

First thing I took up was marksmanship. I was in the Marine Corps and tied the range record. I like long range shooting. First thing I did was buy the wrong rifle for it. I was a couple thousand in on a Weatherby 30-06 before I realized that I need a 308. The military (at the time) used Remington 700 for their scout sniper rifles and swat teams tended to use the Savage 10FP with a bull barrel. I went with the savage. The scope I bought was about as long as the barrel. Mildot and an illuminated reticle with a 20 MOA scope base for the 700 yard shot. I could go on and on with the custom equipment I purchased.

I could almost drop bullets on top of one another at 100 yards. At 300 yards I could keep it in the black on a BB gun target. Make a circle with the OK symbol and there’s what I was hitting at 300 yards. My scope was one expensive bad mother@####. I didn’t need a spotting scope at 300 yards. I could see the bullet holes.

Then I started to think about building a 50 cal for a one mile shot.

Then it occurred to me. I had spent thousands of dollars on this “hobby”. Why? You don’t own any damn thing when you die. It’s only the fun you had when you were alive.

I went back to playing Wow. Far cheaper. Much more satisfaction for the buck.

Just you

Your main account is ilvl 482 and sounds like you didn’t play the game before giving your opinion

Just sounds like you’re asking the question to a playerbase that pays monthly & want them to reconsider when you’re mad cuz bad bruh

OP is trolling/looking for expose weakness like when a rogue applies it

Ppl are gonna throw more food out in the Garbo-Can and $$$ wise and complain about subbing

It’s human nature, leads me to believe this guy plays the game once a month every few years and causes a hate-rage thread for us who can afford the updates

Just you. I have had no problem putting the game down when it didn’t suit my needs for entertainment.

Actually most logical answer lol

1 Like

If I didn’t enjoy a game, I would quit playing it. It doesn’t matter how much time and/or money I put into it.

That is 100% the reason why I still play.

I’m afraid if I quit for a year or two, I’ll fall so far behind and miss out on so much FOMO stuff that I’ll never catch back up.

1 Like

Not for me. I play the game because it’s a way to meet people online and I do not have to learn something new to play.

I really like the game but I also like what I have collected already.
If I were to lose my entire progress. I don’t know if I’d start again. Maybe if everyone had a reset as well, idk.

But I’d start a new MMO (Starcraft one) anytime.

Yeah, if they made a Starcraft MMO, I would quit WoW the next day.

1 Like

Not really the time I spent number wise, but the experience I gained playing it in the past may factor into my desire to continue playing. If that made sense lol.

…no I’m not trolling or doin whatever that over thing is very serious post with no foul intentions.

I genuinely love it. The old hunts and the new challenges. I play it from both sides, what I was too lazy to do and what I’m excited to bring on.

I felt this way during SL. Now, not so much, despite the fact that they are fumbling this pre-patch hard.

1 Like