Summon Random Favorite Mount does not work properly anymore

Might as well add my name to the list of people having this issue. Tried switching back to Skyriding. Tried logging out and back in. Issue persists. Please, Blizzard, for the love of God, fix this. It’s extremely annoying having to open the mount menu and manually summon a flying mount every time I need to get around, especially when I’m only traveling a short distance.

I am only getting ground mounts regardless of flying mode selected.

1 Like

Bumping this, I submitted a bug report as well. I’ve been having issues with only getting ground mounts when using summon random favourite mount, originally it would only occur in steady flight but now it’s happening with skyriding too.
Only work around has been to remove all ground mounts from my favourites. It will always pick a ground mount if there is even one favourited. It’s extremely annoying and I have found no good solution (I even removed addons, and reset my UI)

1 Like

Still broke. Only summons ground mounts. Retried everything (like Irmaearthina) just in case I missed something earlier. No joy.

Bumping again. Wake the hell up, Blizz. This isn’t some one-off minor issue that a couple of people are having - this is a major QoL issue affecting one of the most widely-used systems in the game, and a LOT of people are clearly experiencing this problem. We’re, what, two weeks out from the pre-patch launch? How has this not even been ADDRESSED yet, for God’s sake?

If you’re experiencing this issue as well, post something in this thread. Give it traction, keep it in view. Submit bug reports and keep bumping this thread until the issue is bloody well fixed.

2 Likes

Still broke. Come on Blizz… this got old 3 days into the pre-patch now it just seems like ya don’t give a crap

1 Like

Bump once again.

1 Like

The “keep the last selected mode” issue seems to be fixed. When I choose Skyriding, it now stays that way between relogs, which is good.

And still Summon Favorite Mount only summons ground mounts…

/sigh

This (summon random favorite mount only summoning ground mounts) started happening to me on my draenei hunter Lisun. haven’t checked if it’s account wide yet. Hope blizzard can fix this soon.

ChrisNP/Gotnov

bump, also having this issue, specific to steady flying for me.

This is still happening.

Yes, and why is there a cast time to change the flight mode?

1 Like

As of patch 11.0.2 this is still broken.

1 Like

Yeah I tell ya this bug is frustrating. I like both flying modes for certain areas but this just hinders my steady flying and doing it manually with the mount journal is a pain when ever it picks a ground mount in a flying area.

Today was weird

Used Summon Favorite Mount in SW with a sub 30 character and it worked, actually summoned one of my flyers. Once. Next use was the same old, summoned a ground mount.

Got my hopes up it was fixed and it wasn’t.

Really strange behavior that this feature is breaking intermittently for people. I have not personally experienced issues with summon random favorite since either patch, but I also haven’t even cast the swap flight modes ability once.

Bumping this. I don’t like dragon riding unless I have to get somewhere in a hurry. I wish they would fix this.

1 Like

like everyone else i have been having this issue since war within patch almost a month ago. only ground mounts are getting summoned. i cant believe that not one post from a dev about this yet. do they even care, probably not.
i hear people saying they have made a macro but i cant get a macro to work. i have alot of mounts tagged as favorite so naming each one will be very time consuming.

It looks like this still has not been addressed since first reported a few weeks ago.

Essentially the Summon Random Mount button does not work reliably for me at all. It summons only random ground mounts.

It has not worked in rest areas, like capital cities or Draenor garrison, for me since the TWW pre-patch but still seemed to work out in the open world. Now it is unreliable everywhere.

To define “unreliable”: The expected behaviour is that when pushing the Summon Random Mount button when currently not mounted, it will summon a random flying mount when flying is allowed in the area. This does not happen. Instead one of the following happens:

1. A random ground mount is summoned instead of a flying mount.
  2. A random flying mount is summoned - but only the first time. When dismounted, all following randomly summoned mounts are ground mounts, as in 1…
  3. A random flying mount is summoned but only briefly. It then disappears and all following randomly summoned mounts are ground mounts, as in 1…

For me, this now happens regardless of wether Steady Flying or Skyriding is active.
This should not make a difference but I have both abilities, “Summon Random Mount” and “Switch Flight Style”, on my action bar.

2 Likes