Summon Random Favorite Mount does not work properly anymore

Also having this issue. In a zone that allows flying. Sky Riding give me Sky Riding mounts, Steady Flying only gives ground mounts. Underwater gives underwater mounts. Does it with add ons and without add ons. I have to open collections, go to mounts, scroll to a flying mount and click mount. Worked before pre-patch and now broken.

If you change to Steady Flight from Skyriding, you’re fine on the first summon. Then it will only summon ground mounts until you swap back to Skyriding and mount up then swap back to Steady again.

It’s definitely messed up.

1 Like

Bumping. I’m having the same issues, too. I haven’t tried the Steady Flight to Skyriding switch, but it’s definitely bugged/messed up.

Just another bump for having the same exact issue. :upside_down_face:

At first I thought it was an Opie problem but…NOPE, just Blizzard. I’m having to just keep a flying mount direct link in Opie. Or bars for all my druids since mounts are just screwed up due to shapeshift forms in general.

Another bump for the exact same issue.

If I want to use Steady Flight, my favorite mount button only summons ground mounts – it’s busted.

If I use Skyriding, everything magically works.

FIX STEADY FLIGHT FAVORITE MOUNT BUTTON PLEASE

BUMP … same issue, only summons ground mounts. Only fix i could find was to remove all ground mounts from my favorites.

Also having this issue, and the way I’ve fixed it has been to summon another mount manually. No need to relog, but this is just another bug in a long line of bugs. It’s like things didn’t get alpha or beta tested or something. There’s also no need for the cast to be as long as it is. Terrible design and decisions by whomever made and okayed them.

1 Like

Just logged out after almost for hour session.

No change. Summon Random Favorite Mount still only summoning ground mounts for me.

Having the exact same issue. Summon Random Favourite Mount only pulls up ground mounts in both Steady Flight and Skyriding modes. Switching between them doesn’t work, relogging doesn’t work, and disabling all addons (including Mount Journal Enhanced) doesn’t work. The only way I can fly now is to manually summon a mount through the mount journal or add a particular mount to my bars. Mounts summoned this way do adhere to whichever flying style I’m using at the time, though.

Also, as someone who absolutely loathes Skyriding and only uses it when strictly necessary, I wholeheartedly agree with the idea of moving away from the toggle system. It’s such a pain to have to keep switching between styles depending on the content I’m doing.

2 Likes

I am also having a Summon Random Favourite Mount issue. Summon Random Favourite Mount only pulls up ground mounts when steady flying is active. Summon Random Favourite Mount summons the appropriate flying mount (if flying is avalible in that zone) when skyriding is avtive.

Same. My Favorite mounts list consists of all riding styles, and I hit favorite mount button, while having sky riding or steady riding on, and I get GROUND only mounts…it is very frustrating. This is in the middle of Valdrakken, but also in open world.

2 Likes

Same issue here. Just keep your head in that sand Blizzard.

1 Like

I made a post about this last week as well. I prefer steady flying, and would greatly appreciate “Summon random favorite mount” would Prioritize Flying mounts in areas where flying is capable.

1 Like

Same issue here. Sometimes summon fav mount works like intended, sometimes just summons ground mount. Haven’t able to replicate when works when doesn’t.
Blizzard, I don’t have to do testing, I barely have time to play as it is. Please look into this.

1 Like

I am also having this issue. Even if I have dragon flying picked, I get my ground mounts. This is so annoying.

1 Like

I’ve written a cast random mount macro, as a substitute until they fix it.

Hopefully this gets fixed soon. Been over a week without being able to use Steady Flying. I know I’m in the minority when I say I dislike Skyriding but that doesn’t mean I should be forced to use it.

5 Likes

and still not fixed. Dusted off my alliance toon, first summon got me a flying mount that was grounded, subsequent uses always a ground mount.

Come on Blizz… please

Happening to me also. Always summons a riding mount in a zone where I have flying. Used to know and always give me a random flyer.

Still having issues with this. And some characters stuck on Skyriding only, the toggle to switch to Steady is unable to be activated.