Sulfuras and thunderfury

Fitting, burst your bubble.

Theyā€™ll give it to whoever they deem is worthy of it. Our opinion is of no consequence. Itā€™s silly that people say stuff like ā€œwasting 39 other peopleā€™s timeā€ā€¦in a video game designed to waste your time.

You could blindly reach into a server and grab and handful of characters and most of them would be warriors.

MTā€™s are worth it, for certain, as if they leave and there is no one to fill the void, that would certainly kill the raid team.

Likely the GL or the GL IRL friend anyway.

As far as fury warrior #273747738383, go fill out your clown suits of leather and +hit gear from pvp sets. Shouldnā€™t be a problem for the best scaling class in the game. Right?

It does makes me chuckle that anyone feels they are entitled to something because they rolled a class that can use it. This is the same mentality we mocked for years as ā€œhuntard weponā€.

1 Like

This is the exact argument going on for the Paladin side. ā€œI can use it, so gimmeā€ when in all reality of stats and values, others use it better, and in the idea of progression, the ones who use it better should get it first. Itā€™s very, very, VERY simple.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone is talking entitlement, like Warriors are entitled to something.
But when you have 2 or more people you are deciding between, those that perform better will generally be considered more strongly.

You arenā€™t getting X item because you are a Fury Warrior, you are getting X item because in that situation it is benefiting you more than the Hunter or Shaman or whoever else it is.

If you are only a mediocre Warrior and other Warriors and Rogues are out performing you then they will have priority on the item.

But to say that guilds will give the items to non-viable specs is pretty outrageous.
You arenā€™t going to be giving on-hit melee weapons to a Hunter, you arenā€™t going to be giving legendaries to a ā€œProtā€ Pally.
Not unless no one else that benefits from it needs it.

Do you often hang out with straw men? You enjoy making them.

1 Like

To insinuate that someone playing a warrior and willing to put in the time as a tank doesnā€™t deserve thunderfury over anyone else is ludicrous. What makes the tank special? The fact that they are tanking. They deserve the binding not because they chose to tank, but because the boss would not have died without them.

I absolutely would not allow a paladin to take a binding, even if my five of my six warrior off tanks had TF already.

3 Likes

Well, thatā€™s how you will do it.

Iā€™m interested in what gear fury warriors and resto shaman share.

But warriors have prio due to upgrades benefit over rogues!11!1!1!

And rogues will probably replace it in Naxx.

Itā€™s outrageous to you. They are so incredibly rare that the game isnā€™t balanced around them. You lose nothing by not ever seeing the items for them drop. Outside of the MT, itā€™s a vanity item.

Private servers would like to have a word with you.

Correction: thunderfury is a shaman weapon.

Forget the fact that they cant equip it, itā€™s definitely a shaman weapon.

2 Likes

I donā€™t think they were thinking of Nightfall. Iā€™d also say Iā€™d probably go with something with a higher top end over Thunderfury, too.

Isnā€™t the proc the same graphic as chain lightning?

Thunderfury is obviously a great weapon for tankadins. Warriors are such giant babies that theyā€™ll literally sh*t their pants if you mention it though.

1 Like

Well, you kind of want spell power, and even then aoe threat isnā€™t the problem. Itā€™s single target.

See, the rogues arenā€™t much better.

Paladins donā€™t have a problem generating threat. Itā€™s the running out of mana to maintain threat thatā€™s the problem.

2 Likes

Well, yes and no. Itā€™s a warrior tank weapon as it covers the one issue you have as a warrior tankā€¦ AoE threat. Itā€™s also a little fast for a main hand and you lose out on a fair bit of AP. Iā€™d still rather give it to Rogue and Warrior DPS first before a Paladin tank, as itā€™s just not that good for them if theyā€™re ever tanking in the first place.

See? You just did it right there. Assumed they would play their ā€œoptimal specā€. I was meaning that you wouldnā€™t be giving a Shaman (ie Enhance) a leather piece that would be better for your Warrior/Rogue.

If they are performing better, sure. But if the Rogues perform better than the Warriors or are more reliable then sure they will get priority. Iā€™m not sure what you are trying to get at.

So they are so incredibly rare that if your guild gets one, out of the 40 people in that raid the decision will be to give it to a ā€œprotā€ pally who is probably currently healing over any of your Prot Warriors/ Fury Warriors/Rogues etc?
Iā€™m not sure your point.
The rarity makes it more likely that it will be limited to the few ā€œviableā€ specs.

I am fully aware that ONE weapon ie Nightfall can be utilised by a Hunter spamming Wing Clip for higher uptime than an Enhance Shaman (also possible with a Fury Warrior spamming Hamstring)
However that is VERY much an exception to the rule.

If your Hunters are attacking from range then they are not utilising on-hit procs from a melee weapon.

Hunters should be running in and out of melee on bosses that allow them to do so, but I donā€™t think on-hit is worth it. Given theyā€™re not auto attacking in melee a lot they shouldnā€™t be given Thunderfury, as a very slow and high top end (such as Ashkandi) weapon will do better.

Keep kidding yourself, OP.

1 Like

Forgot about ashkandi, thatā€™s another ret weapon no doubt about it.

AP Ret is garbage. Itā€™sā€¦ alright in PvP, but I donā€™t think any raid will give it to them for a PvP spec over a Hunter using it for main spec. Itā€™s a direct damage increase for the raid - rather than a Retadin who, if theyā€™re trying to be remotely competitive, will not be using it in PvE.

Due to the way procs work on weapon hits itā€™s generally not worth it over a stat stick on a Hunter. You just arenā€™t getting enough opportunities for the effect to proc that often.