Sulfuras and thunderfury

After deciding to main ret. I realized this is great since both sulfuras and thunderfury are paladin prio weapons.

First sulfuras matches paladin gear sets and is essentially a ret pvp weapon.

Secondly for tanking thunderfury just furthers the paladin ability to aoe tank and produce solid threat.

Warriors and rogues should recognize this and consider it for the advancement of pve progression.

14 Likes

Given that they have near zero sustainable tanking ability, a worn dagger improves their ability :stuck_out_tongue:

On tank swap fights, you’re always going to be handing your off-tank-ness to the MT who will be a warrior with the only TF in the raid.

7 Likes

With thunderfury Pala is mt

2 Likes

Pally prio? lmao. Thunderfury is and always will be warrior tank priority.

21 Likes

TF is obviously Hunter gear.
/thread

49 Likes

good luck getting into raid as Pally for tank. They were not a thing. Seems like you are desperately trying to convince yourself and others to believe it was so you can get thunderfury. not gonna happen. They couldnt hold threat for to save their lives.

5 Likes

With Thunderfury in 2027 after all the warriors have theirs, on an Zero-Warrior, Zero-Rogue raid… maybe.

13 Likes

Less threat, less defense, more difficult gearing to meet gear checks in higher-end content. Just a handful of reasons to not waste a “game changing” item on a prot paladin.

1 Like

If you are a dedicated healer on your paladin and you put time in to farm your own mats, your guild should be able to get you a Sulfuras. I assure you, unless you start sucking everything in sight, you won’t be given any TF bindings.

5 Likes

God speed sir

2 Likes

OP, I give this post a hearty 8 trolls out of 10

10 Likes

While I appreciate the high score. I do plan on world firsting nax with tf Pali tank

1 Like

They’re both hunter weapons

1 Like

I’m sure as the “World first Paladin with Thunderfury in Naxx” you will be in a class of your own. The Class of 2027 to be precise.

4 Likes

I want Thunderfury on my Mage.

5 Likes

I think any guild willing to give those items to a paladin will probably have trouble obtaining them in the first place.

I wish you luck. At least you have your dreams.

5 Likes

This. And also rogues would get it before paladins.

2 Likes

Sulfuras not that big of a stretch

I think pallys could make a case over rogues. Chances are you’ll see maybe 2 full TFs by the time naxx rolls around (which should go to your MT and OT) and rogues replace TF in Naxx anyway. TF is pretty dope as a Pally for dungeon tanking and aoe farming.

The only way a paladin is going to get TF is if he is a big streamer or a raiding guild leader willing to break up his guild to get TF.

3 Likes