Succubus is sexist please remove/ incubus incoming

Historically false as I illustrate in the post immediately above yours.

The cultural genealogy of demons being an area of research of mine IRL

Frankly, I am not married to the Madonna Cone Bra.

But if they’re gonna change her outfit, it is high time we get an incubus.

Blizzard is already cleaning up the less than acceptable content in the game. Only a matter of time.

1 Like

i can def see succubus going away

the entire concept behind her fits in with the stuff they’re removing

Exactly. You know a lot of great suggestions have come up from other players that I agree would be a good work around.

I mean they could easily just replace succubus while maintaining the core fantasy

Call them Lilim, or Lamias.

They can just replace succubus with that demon spider in Legion, instead of seducing someone, the spider can just use their web ability to achieve the same result.

yeah i assume they’d just replace her with a different demon that has all the same types of abilities.

i’m not against current succubus, but she does crack a whip and moan…so i am guessing she’s out lol

There were many good suggestions like just covering her up a bit, or adding a glyph of some sort.

I think there is a middle ground to be reached here.

I’m always down with more options!

Or just retcon Succubi/Incubi as Lilim, and instead of seduction it’s just a “night song”.

I want my incubus tho.

Again, warlock stables:

Introducing incubus is like seeing house A is burning, but instead of helping house A, you decide to burn house B.

Again, your framing of the succubus, if sincere, is canonically incorrect and you should review your lore, or my posts

That succubus quest is no longer canon, Warlock summon/sacrifice different succubus than the one you form a pact back in the day now.

Nope, class quests, even if removed, retain canonicity in this regard.

We do not learn to summon a succubus by ourselves upon reaching level 20 by inhaling air.

Especially given the new quest to summon a voidwalker from the void via a grimoire that requires to subjugate the voidwalker is indeed the same canon as the previous versions of the quest.

Next question?

Then how do you explain that Warlock’s demon no longer has a fixed name?

Because we canonically summon a demon/aberration from a grimoire ritual, and then enter into a contract with it (for all the rational demons) or forcibly subjugate it (for the felpuppy because it is a demon dog and void aberrations because they require being subjugated as otherwise they’d consume reality).

While for gameplay reasons we can cha cha slide over to Demon/Aberration Renaming NPC and just “randomly select a new demon”, canonically this is not the material reality.

Canonically each time we are “changing our demons”, we actually would have to do the ritual again and enter in a contract with a new demon (or subjugate them for the 3 minions aforementioned) and release the previous demon (or aberration) from contract.

Unless of course warlock stables are added, in which case you could just endlessly keep any demon in a giant grimoire and just pick your favorites any given day.

All of which you would know if you read my warlock stables post :slight_smile:

Blizzard…… I mean… this is going to be a really, really big please.

Also a red Draenei warlock. It’d be double the Draenei. The game would explode.

like/bump the stable post then smh

Dude nobody care about your stupid thread, basically yes you change demon and not every succubus share the same thought as the one you met in the Classic quest.

Incorrect!

All demons have an inherent nature and past.

All succubi feed on the hearts of good men, and require sustenance to be worked with as part of the contract.

Our Observer freely entered into a contract with us because he greatly enjoys eating and observing different magics (Green Fire Legacy of the Masters questline), as is his nature.

Our Eredar Wrathguard loves killing things and is happily in contract because we are nicer than the Burning Legion generals, and he was an Eredar on Argus, etc.

Know your lore :slight_smile: