Subscription Tax

That’s a ridiculous thing to say. You’re just a white knight who’s brain has been polluted into believing you have to pay for other people lack of effort and self imposed misfortunes.

https://imgur.com/a/jtVS4Ro

Not exactly the fastest growing state (mind you my state actually has a shrinking population).

A fake Indian is gonna run. Good luck with that

What constitutes the tax though? If I pay for a server transfer, is that entertainment? Will it get taxed?

If Battle for Azeroth isn’t entertaining, should it be subject to an entertainment tax?

You still pay a WoW sub tax in NH.

How did you even find a six-month-old post?

Somebody has to pay to Narcan scroungers I suppose.

Same with Minnesota, and in 2016 we had 9 people who reported and paid their online tax.

Because that’s was about how long bliz was charging me tax in a tax-free state because of a database error on their end with hidden data you can’t see from your account page. If you don’t usually check like I don’t usually check, then can’t hurt to check.

See you all next January I guess?

luckily you play a game that uses virtual gold. they can’t tax that.

Just the sub and the tokens I buy to get the virtual gold. But they fixed it, so it’s a non-issue for me now. Just saying, you could live in a tax-free state, have all your paypal/bliz account updated, and be getting taxed anyhow.

yeah right they taxed me for buying a mount using wow gold through battle net balance. not even a real item- just a digital pixel mount---- so freaking lame

all internet sales require tax now

That seems to be a problem with your country and doesn’t apply to others. And the idea that taxation is theft is dumb.

2 Likes

Well, I necro’d this to just put it out there - You don’t get taxed if you live in a tax-free state, but they can still be taxing you by accident. That’s what happened to me because I wasn’t paying attention. For 6 months.

According to my bank app, my state, Idaho, hasn’t done anything that wild yet.

Damn, I didn’t even notice this thread was old.

1 Like

I mean I hope the tax is paid by the distributor and not the person paying the subsciption since subscriptions are already ludicrously expensive.

Ya my bad :rofl: I was just real upset that I had been paying tax for 6 months because of the way Bliz’s database keeps track of your sub. I re-subbed like 6 years ago, and then moved to a tax-free state a year after.

All data was updated on my end, but on Bliz’s end, the initial sub showed “tax state” even though none of my bliz/paypal settings were in a tax state anymore.