Subscription cancelled

5k is no longer a “healthy” server, time changes and so do playerbases. Between Classic to TBC the servers that are 10k+ is now what is deemed healthy as the playerbase grew, the inability to recognize and adapt to the evolving playerbase is sort of what makes your comments tone deaf on this issue.

Queues at major expansions have been the norm forever. Stop acting surprised.
Unsub for a month or two and then come back. Queues will be back to normal.

This is my favorite part. I remember all the paypig Alliance transfers being so indignant on Reddit about how they were simply making the best decision for themselves, without considering what they were destroying.

Glad to see those players in particular reaping what they sowed.

1 Like

It is and you’re just plain wrong. Point to the material difference. You’re parroting a stupid consensus.

I played Classic on Grobb with 6k players and it was perfect. No lack of economy, raiders, PvP, or culture.

2 Likes

The excuse of “having more people to play with” makes no sense. Servers are like bars they have a capacity, when it’s full you have to go to another bar or wait in line. Even if you find, or have people to play with aligning que times to be together I’m sure is a massive pain and trust me it’s only going to get worse when wrath actually launches.

You keep ignoring the fact that reality moved on from your knowledge of player base numbers, that was fine then but not fine now. 10k and above is the new metric, anything below that is not stable and has the chance of dying out as many servers have that are in that 5k range.

So grob is dead? Because it doesn’t have 10k on both factions.

Ironforge.pro shows Grobb at 11k total, just a month ago Grobb was at 21k. It lost half it’s playerbase in less than 30 days, this might be because of how Ironforge reports data or maybe that many people decided to not come back until Wrath drops. Who knows.

But given the history of server populations, the ones that are below 10k have historically died out in favor of mega servers with 10k+.

You can point to an arbitrary number all you want. It doesn’t change that the player base that thinks 5k is a bad number of players is stupid.

I played it. Through Vanilla Classic. It was better than fine, it was optimal.

We were never talking about Vanilla Classic, we are 2 expansions ahead and you keep bringing up the past as if it’s somehow relevant.

5k then is not the same as 30k now, they are two completely different playerbases at this point.

It doesn’t matter which expansion it is! You can’t point to a material difference between the populations because there is none!

You’re deluded.

Of course it matters, Classic never had 30k+ servers which we have now. This whole thread is literally about that very topic of servers being over populated leading to massive queues, all of which could’ve just been prevented had Blizzard listened to player feedback but instead they chose to monetize off transfers.

1 Like

This assumes that Blizzard actually informs the player of relative realm info, beyond the number of toons that have ever been created there. And yet any time someone has tried to make a mod that gives accurate realm pop data, Blizzard breaks it as quickly as they can.

At the absolute minimum, they could give you an idea of realm balance based on the past 30 days.

Players being unhappy about the chosen free realm xfer options or even the queue itself are 100% in the right. This is a Blizzard created problem that trolls keep trying to deflect onto the community.

2 Likes

I have been playing on Westfall for a quite awhile ever since I came back to do some wrath prep a couple of months ago and I have never once had issues forming a group and getting into a guild.

Look it up on Ironforge pro and I feel like it has an ok population, still has an economy, still has raiders and other things.

What’s the point in having 30k if 10 have to sit in que, I just don’t understand the logic. I’m on whitemane is it gonna die soon? Are you the fortune teller of servers or what.

I’m happy for you and your friend group that Westfall is doing great, but you have to realize the XP Buff is bringing tons of people back and people are moving around from their main servers due to queue time issues.

They didn’t bring in CRZ to Classic like original Wrath, so once that buff ends the entirety of the below level 70 population will be dead as leveling will become slower and tedious and not having access to the big server population will eventually lead smaller servers to slowly die out.

We’ve seen this happen all throughout TBC.

Idk if Whitemane will die soon but what I do know is that the server I was on before TBC launch was max pop and died off anyways due to people favoring one or two mega servers over staying on the smaller ones.

My point is that people prefer the big servers as it is “guaranteed” to not fade away where as you don’t really get that same thing from the smaller sub 10k ones that have historically died off.

Part of it is a player problem, I agree but a bigger part of it Blizzard’s refusal to moderate these servers and reign them in.

1 Like

but the bar you cant go to doesnt make you still pay to go there.

1 Like

How?! What difference is there between Wrath and Vanilla that requires you to have 10k+ players on your server for Wrath, where it’s best to have 5k in Vanilla?

You people would be complaining that you couldn’t play with your friends because of limited transfers.

A much, much more accurate comparison would be airfare or hotels.

You have a ton of people who have already paid for the service (access to a room/flight to destination), you purposefully oversell, and then when you have people who are looking to board the plane/get into the hotel despite being at 100% capacity, you then pretend nothing could have ever been done about this and either try and set them up with worse options (‘free’ xfers off server/onto another airline/wildly different hotel rating to one that’s nowhere near the experience they were paying for) All the while the company probably tries to keep the money you already paid despite the worse experience.

Well for one the amount of people is doubled leading to server congestion issues, aka this thread and every other thread like it. And to tag along to that the solutions were already given to Blizzard when servers filled up in Classic but for over 2+ years now they refuse to acknowledge any of it because the amount of revenue server transfers bring outweighs their need to fix the actual server performance.

You can’t treat 10k people like 5k people or that’s how you end up with a game that has massive server stability issues like what’s happening right now.

Even if people complained about this, they should be ignored. Blizzard ultimately has the power to make decisions, they will never make everyone 100% happy but they also know the outcome won’t be good for the long term health of the game if they keep trying to please everyone.

If people are unhappy about capped servers they can reroll or Blizzard should spend money to find a solution, they shouldn’t just keel over and ruin it for thousands of others based off a small amount of people’s complaints.