Sub numbers

I must be missing something because there was NOTHING in that post that said blizzard was tampering with realm capacity.

Care to explain how servers suddenly jumped from Low to Full then, yet we haven’t had server queues in years on retail? Back in the day, full or even high meant queues.

Well Legion was seen a very popular X pack and BFA was riding off of its cotails. So naturally a lot people would have subbed during that time.

So servers slowly and naturally became lower, and during an off patch, literally every server had its population adjusted and jumped by 1-2 tiers least once yet there wasn’t a queue in sight?

I saw this happen with my own eyes at least once. Actually scoured the internet looking for an answer, because jumps like that just don’t make sense outside of expansion launches.

Well so far you are the only one who said they saw this. I am just asking you to back up your claims.

Did you not see the Worgen post?

Also this may just be Classic, but I doubt it: New Realm Population Label System

Retail evidence: BFA Realm Pop? Emerald dream "full" but dead? - #2 by Cladis-bloodhoof

Yes and I noticed the fact you are both on WRA so you could be friends.

Emerald dream was the main RPVP server before War Mode very likely the only reason he thinks it is dead is because he was not on War Mode.

Hahahaha dude, don’t hurt yourself from stretching that hard. We aren’t even the same faction.

I literally dug up multiple sources and you keep plugging your ears. Believe what you want, I suppose.

I would believe you if he was higher than lvl 10.

And I have brought up reasonable doubt on all of them.

You’re embarrassing yourself at this point, and me by continuing to entertain you. I’m done.

For what countering your arguments?

I understand being skeptical since it’s apparently an undocumented change, but the thresholds definitely changed, whether you choose to believe it or not.

WRA was literally never “full” and it jumped overnight, along with every other server, and it didn’t happen during an expansion launch. (granted I don’t think it’s actually ‘full’ anymore, because this change wasn’t super recent)

And if more evidence comes up I may believe you but right now nothing in this thread really proves that that is what is going on.

The only evidance so far can be given reasonable alternatives.

I think that matters more to players. What matters to Blizz. may not be sub numbers. The number that matters may be X-hours-in-game = how many $ spent in store.

FWIW, I don’t believe any change was made for the sake of apperances. Realm Pop Status is tied to online players vs total server capacity, and its that capacity that they commonly make changes to for various reasons (hardware upgrades, new tech (sharding, etc), stability issues / concerns, etc). Lowering the capacity makes servers look “full”. Raising it makes them look “low”, and it has happened both ways in the past.

So I suppose at the end of the day, we have to take the listing with a grain of salt either way.

They know what the numbers are - they also know making them public will serve no purpose. As long as revenue is up due to ancillary services they’ll be happy.

:cookie:

1 Like

Take it one step more.

I want to see gold token numbers.

1 Like

All that matters most of you here are willing to pay sub to just stay on the forums. Addiction is a terrible thing.

If this were 2005 subscription numbers would be really important, but since we are in an era where micro-transactions are where the real money is, subscription numbers do not hold the same value. The subscription gets you in the door, the token is the money maker.

The value is the WoW Token. Since the purchase of a single token holds greater profit than a monthly subscription. Do not count on the company to make changes that would negatively impact token purchases.

While people do not like the direction of the game currently, the company is more than happy to see people that never buy tokens quit rather than seeing those people happy, and the token purchases take a nose dive.

I guess what I am trying to say is the reality is not the numbers, it is how many of those people are purchasing tokens. That is what the company is measuring success on.

Sadge Can’t relate to either