Sub cost went up?

Noticed my sub cost was $16 this month lol. No notice or anything wtf?

Edit: it’s sales tax, NC online sales tax went into effect Nov. 1st. I guess blizzard put it into effect in the new year. Not blaming blizzard so putting this here to stop the petty arguments.

6 Likes

No I haven’t, but now im gonna go check on it.

Same sub length interval? (I mean monthly, every six months, whatever)

Monthly. Noticed a $16 charge to my account.

If it did go up, it would be the first time. I also believe that they would need your permission to bill you for a higher amount.

2 Likes

Hmmm, gonna do an experiment on my account. BRB, watch this space.

EDIT. Okay, I did a check of how much a six-month sub is in Canadian dollars, and it is 97.66, and that’s what I paid last summer. I guess this means for at least six month cycles the price is the same.

That’s what I thought

Sub costs have not changed.
Perhaps your state sales tax went up?
Or some other state or local fees changed with the new year?

8 Likes

Your state have sales tax? Several states have started applying sales tax to online sales.

3 Likes

Your state probably decided to charge taxes on internet services.

10 Likes

The sub page in the Shop has the same prices as always. Maybe contact Billing.

Guess the people who paid for game time for the boat are going to get the last laugh if this is true.

Happy New year…

1 Like

I guess it may be state sales tax if that’s true then they lowered the sub by acouple cents to round it out. But I can’t find anything as of now about NC sales tax. I guess I’ll keep looking

I wonder how this works with foreign players, since I’m from Canada. I’ll need to look that up.

Not in my case, Blizzard has the last laugh since I haven’t logged on much at all this expansion. It was a mistake that will never happen again on my part though.

State tax is cancer. Glad I hang my hat in Texas.

4 Likes

Texas is #1

2 Likes
4 Likes

True there’s no state income tax in Texas, but we still pay taxes for online sales, required by state law.

6 Likes