Suggestion: Sell Cash Services for Gold (bypass new Tax laws)

Please Re-read, it’s new automated American legislation for 2019 where most of us haven’t been charged tax since vanilla, and it’s taxing virtual goods that have no bearing on access nor physical presence.

I’ve been taxed for blizz virtual items for years

CA is where Blizzard is so there may be some trickery there specifically. You are getting taxed 8.54% in CA now for any other online purchases now however, including Steam and whatnot.

You also have to get to the final page of the transaction, where you would click “confirm”, to see the Tax added to the total.

Breakbeat says: “It doesn’t apply to me, so something else must be going on.”

Response: “It doesn’t apply to you, so something else must be going on.”

Breakbeat says: “I got to the final page of the transaction where I would click confirm, and no tax was added.”

Response: “You need to get to the final page of the transaction where you would click confirm, for tax to be added.”

WTH is wrong with people?

1 Like

I’ve never been charged tax for bnet balance purchases and I live in Georgia. The most recent was about a month ago when I pre-purchased WC3 Reforged.

Could be a CA thing then. It definitely shows tax for me for absolutely everything, and I’m not alone:

https://imgur.com/a/v5yZtGT

If you want me to click “Pay Now” for some kind of further proof, you’re going to need to gift me five bucks of battle net balance.

Anyone. And I’ll screenie it. As usual, to prove my point for the naysayers.

So, this is simply not true to any kind of full extent. It’s half truth, partial truth, whatever, directed at the “overbearing 2019 American legislation” that - proven right here, right now - doesn’t exist or doesn’t apply to what the OP says it does.

I’m vehemently against few things in life. One of them is dissemination of false or misleading information, which results in fear, misunderstanding, anger, and a host of other things that we do not need in our lives.

1 Like

virtual non-existent goods,

Virtual goods are tanglble and taxable. By law.

No nay-saying here, as I stated above, CA may be an exception since you live in the same state as Blizzard Entertainment HQ. I can’t include links in my posts for some reason or I’d show you the taxes.

A month ago wasn’t 2019.

1 Like

So… tax fraud then?

2 Likes

You are becoming outlandishly triggered over nothing my friend. What I say is objectively true, as the other thread proves. You should bask in being an exception, for perhaps Blizzard games only, as a California resident. Ohio is not so luck.

Feel free to Google this phrase of a cnbc article: Here’s what that Supreme Court sales tax decision means for you

1 Like

Fair enough, but you watch this thread fill up with internet lawyering, those that are in staunch agreement with the OP, etc., etc., etc.

When what the OP posted isn’t necessarily true, and I posted an exception from the hip. If I actually put time into this and read the law, (OMG! WHAT!), then I am sure I would be able to explain more exceptions and circumstances where things aren’t taxed.

CA exception? OK, but on a 4.99 item, with a 4.99 price at checkout, there’s no sales tax, not baked in, not after the fact, not anywhere. Unless the item I showed in my screenie has a lower price somewhere else, which means mine has sales tax baked in.

So if CA is an exception, what are the other exceptions? Does the law say that virtual goods have to be taxed, except in the state where the company resides? Isn’t this generally the exact opposite of tax laws? For forty plus years, I’ve been taxed on goods I buy in-state, and not on goods I buy out-of-state.

So, what, this virtual goods tax law reverses that? Only for virtual goods?

OP isn’t accurate enough to hold weight. It smacks of some anti-government rhetoric pieced together by someone upset because they had to pay a few bucks in tax. It doesn’t even cite a single source, and no one cares. They just accept it, without question, for the most part.

Yet, if I said something about Wikipedia here (which cites all its sources), people would still go nuts because “Wikipedia is inaccurate; anyone can edit it.”

People just aren’t really that smart anymore.

2 Likes

This will not work for them, these services should be free but look how much they charge. If we can pay with gold they make nothing, with Tokens someone needs to pay $20 for every $15 used.

Correct. But not when purchased by in-game gold.

1 Like

And another thing people kinda fail at lately, is keeping an objective voice in their head when they read other people’s posts on a message board.

As I tell people sometimes, read my posts with a Mr. Rogers voice in your head. Then your own insecurities, frustrations and “triggers” won’t be transferred onto me.

Also keep in mind that I type over a hundred words a minute. Not a brag - simply a statement so people understand I can bang out a long post in just a minute or so. It’s not like I am putting my life on hold to produce a few hundred words on this or that topic. It takes mere moments.

I’m not “triggered” my friend, I’m debating. I’ve always loved debate. I feel I am good at it. I don’t see why I should apologize for this.

1 Like

Correct. But not when purchased by in-game gold.

Im no tax lawyer, but an argument could be made that gold has a real life monetary value in terms of the value of tokens.

It would make for an interesting case.

1 Like

Could be argued to be tax evasion and governments tend to frown on that and Blizz has enough problems as it is without having court battles over it.

1 Like

I linked another thread with hundreds of replies involving being taxed since Jan 1st, and told you how to google the article. Boggling that you’re an exception when other states are not, as has been proven.

It.
IT.
IT
IT

IT doesn’t cite a single source. Meaning the OP. Meaning, my issue was never with you, ever, it was with the OP and their “blanket complaint” … that has at least one exception, probably more.

OK?

IT.

Not you. You can stop being defensive.

Edit: Nevermind, I see your little head at the bottom. I’ll wait.

1 Like