Sub cost went up?

Try this…
https://www.salestaxinstitute.com/jurisdiction/north-carolina?fwp_topic=nexus

They can’t charge you any other amount , not even a cent more without letting you know first and giving you the option to terminate subscription.

1 Like

Your state probably charges tax on digital services now, thus the increase in price.

He’s not talking about state income taxes, he’s talking about state sales tax, which we pay in Texas at the time of purchase (including our WoW subscription) save non-prepared foods (and a few other select items).

Are you sure you live in Texas?

9 Likes

Doesn’t say anything, also the state sales tax is 7% which on here says 4.75%

But regardless I didn’t get any notice that sales tax is going up. Damn government at it again, crooks.

I guess y’all should move to New Hampshire.

Live Free or Die! :us:

3 Likes

I moved to Arkansas for a year and moved back. Im still suffering the side effects I suppose!

At 7% sales tax, your sub fee should always be $16.04 (if you pay monthly). So I’m unsure what you’re complaining about…

But says in here that companies are required to pay a sales tax on their products. Which means that the vendor gets the bill for the tax and pass it off to the consumer. That’s all I can find on online sales tax.

Yes last month I paid $15 this month I paid $16. I’m paying more shouldn’t I know if I’m gonna pay more?

2 Likes

did you moveout to a new location? the price shows up according to your local money.

mine shows 20$ since i’m from the hole that is canada.

Umm… That’s how sales tax works.

Do you expect the vendor (or service provider) to foot the bill for a state required charge?

Blizzard is only required to notify it’s customers of rate increases to their own services/products. They are not required to notify customers of state tax percentages or charges.

Perhaps…you should take a greater interest in your local and state politics? You’re acting like Arthur Dent here.

4 Likes

it must feel bad noticing your sub cost getting higher while the game is getting more boring by the day :sunglasses:

1 Like

The sub cost isn’t higher. He’s paying sales tax, which has nothing to do with sub cost.

1 Like

I like how I went from asking a question about my sub price to people being passive aggressive. Don’t @ me lol. You know who you are your giving nothing to the discussion.

But that aside. It seems in November they added sales tax mandate, but I guess it didn’t go into effect till the new year.

1 Like

Looks like it time to resort to buying game time through alternative means instead of monthly, if it’s cheaper.

#1 in what? Alaska wants to talk.

$20 US or CAN? I pay $16.50 AU every month.

Just found that article lol, I never saw it on the news or any news on it till now thank you. Just seems odd.