Stuck updating wow initializing 0%

Battle net launcher seams stuck on updating… just spinning at Initializing 0%. I was surprised there weren’t already threads about his in this support forum. Are many others having this problem?

16 Likes

There were, mods moved it to tech support, this is more for billing and account concerns.

5 Likes

Same here. The game locked up and then crashed. I restarted my computer and when I tried to log back in I’m stuck in an endless update hell. Going on about 20 minutes so far.

3 Likes

If you are willing to follow a 3rd party link, the instructions given by this post (blizz forums, but link is in it) helped my wife get passed it:

The TLDR: End the BNET task in task manager, go to hidden ProgramData folder in C: (have to show hidden items) and delete the BNET folder there. This clears the update cache for BNET. For some people, just ending the task works and doesn’t require the cache delete.

3 Likes

Same here did all updates.

Mine is stuck at 0% ‘initializing’ as well.

Try fully rebooting your computer then trying again.

1 Like

So I have done all these steps twice over now and still have not had any sucess.

Going on almost 40 minutes now and update is not making any progress. I have shut down, rebooted, ran repair etc etc etc and nothing works.

1 Like

Same here. Restarting computer did not resolve.

1 Like

Same - keep opening and closing launcher but the download just doesn’t progress

Have tried a few workarounds mentioned but so far, nothing helps.

having the same issue

Very frustrated to find it works totally fine on a laptop I havent opened in about a week or two.

I think we’re in a que.

Deleting the hidden Bnet folder in Program Data worked for me

1 Like

Well if thats so my 2nd computer didnt wait a queue at all and my first one has been in it for at least 45min now.

I tried everything rebooted twice ,cleared the cache .down load updates and nothing. I’ll wait so everyone would suffer from my presence .

I understand what it’s trying to get you to do, but, it’s not a single person or instance. It’s the entire community, this isn’t a cache issue, it’s a blizz issue. Their issue that they need to fix.

2 Likes

Step 3 of the link worked for me. I did have to tell the launcher where my game folder was again, but it immediately updated and was playable again.

1 Like

I tweeted to Blizzard CS and they said they are aware and working on it.

1 Like