Stuck on Initializing-won't update!

Same thing here. Other games, beta, etc updated with no issue.

1 Like

Same. 3 bosses left for the meta, not happy my raid will go on without me. WTH???

1 Like

I’m having the same problem. Help us… I need to play.

1 Like

Same here!

any answer from a tech support yet???

Gonna post the solution that helped me in the other thread. You need to delete your BNet cache.

Go to https://www.partitionwizard.com/partitionmagic/battle-net-stuck-on-initializing.html and follow Solution 3.

11 Likes

I was having the same issue. Not sure if it’s a massive update or there’s simply something wrong with their deployment of the update. Either way, I got around it by going into my retail folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\World of Warcraft_retail_), and launching the wow.exe from there. Game started right up. Hope this works for others.

I just uninstalled the launcher and got a new one, but after it created a new launcher for me, it is still stuck on “initializing” so I submitted a ticket. I also included all those diag and ms files they always ask for and a screen shot of the launcher stuck at the initializing stage.

I was supposed to run some events tonight with my guild…but I can’t even log in.

Can’t log into retail, 10 hour queue on Wrath… remember back in the day when they would credit you 1 day of game time for a 10 minute maintenance?

1 Like

doesnt tell you what folder to delete in there, there isnt a cache

This worked for me! Thank you.

what folder in there did you delete

It says to delete the entire folder. That’s what I did.

1 Like

i see it thank you love

1 Like

Also, be warned. When you relaunch the BNet app, it’s going to act like you never installed the game. Do not install it, choose the link under that to find the install location. Then select the retail folder wherever you have WoW installed.

1 Like

Did not work :frowning:

I tried all solutions offered, NONE worked.

1 Like

this doesnt fix the launcher

This worked for me. Took some time to figure it out but it works! Thank you!

Deleting program data as suggested works