Stuck in old guild after transferring servers

I transferred my main from Stormrage to Korgath last night, and after 10-15 minutes the transfer went through.

I was invited to my new guild, but when I type in /g it shows up on my old server, in my old guild chat! When I press J it shows me in my old guild, has my old guild members listed, and when I press leave guild it prompts me to leave the guild on my new server.

Am I stuck in bizarro world? Did I break the game?? Maybe a 14 days virtual quarantine???

1 Like

Have you done a proper reset UI, Funyun?

Iā€™ve not heard any reports of this - but it isnā€™t beyond possibility this is a UI issue.

1 Like

I deleted my WTF and Interface folders and issue is still there. Something I noticedā€¦ The game appears to think Iā€™m still GM of the old guild, but Iā€™m not able to do any commands. The toon Iā€™m having an issue with is Toxie-Korgath.

1 Like

You forgot the cache folder

Ahh, forgot about that! Still no luck though.

Bliz, did you pick me for your April Fools joke? :laughing:

This is odd. Iā€™m showing that character guilded, on Korgath, but not a GM, joined 4/1.

Iā€™d try the reset one more time. Make sure WoW is totally shut down.

Delete, rename or move your WTF, Cache and Interface folders - and in this case, Iā€™d even reboot your system.

When you donā€™t see what we see - that usually indicates it is something in the UI.

I renamed the following folders in wow/retail: Cache, Errors, GPUCache, Interface, Logs, Screenshots, and WTF. I did a complete reboot of my system and the issue remains.

I know Iā€™m on Korgath and I can access my new guilds bank.

When I press ā€œJā€ I see my old guild and when I attempt to guild chat it posts the message in my guild on Stormrage. On the top left of the guild menu it lists my old guild. In members it lists Toxie and ten alts show as name-Stormrage.

When a member of my new guild presses ā€œJā€ they do not see me as a member, but if they type /who guild I am in the list.

Iā€™d like to agree it is an addon issue, but based on what Iā€™ve done Iā€™m not sure that is correct.

That is just so odd. Iā€™d pop a ticket in on this, feel free to reference this thread if you like.

2 Likes

Will do. Iā€™m also loading everything on a laptop as a hail mary. Thank for your suggestions!

I am having the same issue with one of my characters. The character in question was also a GM of my alt guild, perhaps that is the common issue here?

Same issue here. I had a character (rogue) as the sole member of a guild, holding all my bank stuff. So I invited another of my alts to take over, promoted that character (warlock) to guild master, and left guild on rogue. Rogue got invited to a new guild, accepted.
Rogue can see the new guild tag, all the guild achievements scrolling by, but cannot see guild chat. When rogue speaks in guild chat, it shows up in the bank toonā€™s (warlockā€™s) guild chat! What craziness is this, lol.
Warlock can still see rogue on the roster and rogueā€™s chat shows up in bank-guild chat, but do not see the option to guild kick rogue, since itā€™s not technically there.

What happens if you type /gkick <rogueā€™s name> on the new GM? Without the two brackets on the side of the rogueā€™s name.

I get the message:
Type ā€˜/helpā€™ for a listing of a few commands.

The warlock is GM butā€¦ not?

Grumbleā€¦ that is the EXACT issue Iā€™m having! It took a day for the in-game ticket to be picked up. The told me there are no known issues, they reset some stuff, donā€™t see an issue, and said maybe itā€™ll sort itself out on Tuesday.

From your old guilds guild tab, does both toons have the guild master crown??

For shiggles, I tried promoting my Warlock to GM and it says ā€œis not in your guild.ā€

I reopened the ticket last night, it said it would be pulled in about 24 hours, and now is saying 1 day 18 hoursā€¦ Iā€™ve asked for the transfer to be refunded and my toon sent back to Stormrage.

Yes, both the rogue and the warlock in my banking guild have crowns. Even tho the rogue is not technically there, she still shows up in the roster as an ā€˜Initiateā€™ with a crown; and her guild speech shows up in the guild chat.
Iā€™m lost on this one! Some bad code somewhere, I guess.

Even though Iā€™ve made it clear that Iā€™ve reset my UI and installed a fresh copy of Warcraft on a 2nd system, the in-game responses have both said my UI is jacked.

This is pathetic. They didnā€™t even comment on refunding the server xfer.

So Iā€™ve reopened the ticket and let me guessā€¦ theyā€™ll blame my UI againā€¦

Probably because youā€™re trying to address several issues. For refunds, you need to ticket the billing team. The billing team wonā€™t be able to assist with in-game issues, and likewise - the GMā€™s canā€™t help with refund requests. Does that make sense?

1 Like

Nephe - Yes, that makes sense and I opened a 2nd ticket for that reason. I guess I expected too much by thinking theyā€™d pass the ticket to the correct team.

I donā€™t see any mention of wanting a refund for your character transfer. You edited in a comment in one of your tickets saying if we donā€™t see an issue to refund it, but really, your request wasnā€™t clear.

I would recommend only having a single ticket open though, as multiple requests, which are basically related to each other, can confuse the issue.

It is important to understand that the issue you are experiencing is relatively new. It is being looked into.

Our staff has been trying to troubleshoot the issue on their end. That is what the first Game Master did as well as the second. The second even went so far as to log into the character to confirm what they are seeing from the characterā€™s side. Generally speaking, if we log into your character and donā€™t see the issue ourselves, it usually indicates that it is a UI issue. That may or may not be the case for this particular issue, but in both situations, the Game Masters did what they could to resolve it.

Now, if you want to simply try refunding the character transfer and reversing it, that may be possible. Understand though, it may also not actually resolve the issue but exacerbate it.

You should decide what you ultimately want though, as having both requests in the wind can cause massive confusion.

3 Likes

Thanks for the detailed response.

I had a response typed with quotes from the tickets, but that does no good. We can both see them.

What do you suggest I do at this point? Iā€™ve asked for help on the forums, opened an in-game ticket, reopened that ticket, and reopened it again. But the only response I get is reset my UI. Iā€™ve done that more than once and I installed a virgin copy on a secondary system.

Am I supposed to wait, in limbo, until Tuesday? What happens when I log in and nothing changed? How many times do I need to reset my UI before someone understands it isnā€™t a UI issue?