Stuck in combat in Mechagon, FOR...EV...ER

With all the issues can we get a discount on sub fee?

Hey, there. I’ve experienced both the very same instances of being stuck in combat in both the specified areas above, but as well figured out what was causing them to remedy it myself, when it happens.

Near Seaspit/Freza, typically (myself included) people tend to just rush past the mobs fighting each other to engage with the rare. However, they’ve actually aggroed you, but since they’re fighting each other, you never notice, and because the mobs remain indefinitely “in-combat” without evading/leashing due to their battle together, so do you, indefinitely.

In the other instance on the main island, the offending mob is actually the flying crates. They may “aggro” you, or you may hit them by accident fighting other things around Bondo’s yard, but as they have no attacks or indications that you’ve engaged onto their table, you’ll again remain indefinitely in-combat until you find that crate and finish it off.

2 Likes

Hey Blizzard, please feel free to actually try doing something YOURSELVES!

Given the long-term, widespread and large-scale nature of this problem it’s inconceivable that no-one from your dev. team couldn’t repro this inside of 15 mins … HOW ABOUT TRYING?

7 Likes

Strange, I haven’t run into this issue on my DH. I’ve only explored Mechagon for a grand total of about 3 hours though, so it may be a matter of time. It’s not for lack of trying. I run through all the things.

This has been happening to me all of bfa but it’s the worst in mechagon either hearth or die.

2 Likes

Just FYI, you wrote this backwards.

I’ve spent easily over 20 hours in Mechagon and never have had an issue either. I’ve been there at least an hour a night, if not 3 hours, most nights (makes me realize it’s way over 20 hours but to lazy to do math right now).

The only mob that will chase me any distance really outside the norm are the bot guards you get aggroed from attacking players in the hub near the fp.

If this is happening it sucks, but I’ve never seen anyone complain in general chat or anything for all the time I’ve spent there.

Usually if I’m stuck in combat, it either drops after I swim out for a bit, or I kill the nearest enemy and combat drops. Doesn’t happen too often, but it does seem to happen more on hills or mounds of junk in Mechagon. Probably a mob stuck under the world that you can’t see or reach, but it can still reach you. Fun stuff.

P.S. If i had to die or log out to escape combat every time, I’d probably stop playing altogether.

Being stuck in combat increases the time played metrics, which Ion can show on the chalk board at the next shareholder meeting.

I experienced this issue as well multiple times typically on the 3 islands. I even tried force closing the game but when i logged back in I was still in combat.

I was required to hearth back to Boralus for it to drop.

Logout and log back in.

Because they were trying to break combat, and running through 500 mobs won’t help that…

2 Likes

It really sucks when feign death is on CD.

1 Like

Shadowmeld is a very, very low magnitude stealth effect. It’s literally the weakest stealth in the game. Even hunter’s camoflage talent, if they take it, is better.

While stealth magnitude isn’t that important in PvP because you’re dealing with real people who have real latency issues to sort through and real potato reflexes, Mobs suffer through none of that. In addition, mob detection range is higher than player detection range. Especially if they’re already aggroed to you.

Stealth against mobs works like this:

If you have any threat on a mob, you cannot stealth. You must lose threat first.

Abilities like Vanish and Shadowmeld are packaged with a threat-break mechanic that handles the no-threat requirement for you, maybe.

Vanish always works because it is a high-magnitude break effect linked to a rogue’s normal stealth (which has the highest stealth magnitude in the game. Druid cat form stealth is #2 by one full magnitude, IIRC)

Shadowmeld is a weak, temporary threat loss ability linked to the weakest magnitude stealth in the game. So while that temporary threat loss can become permanent (if all aggroed mobs lose threat at the same time you automatically exit combat and the threat dump becomes permanent), it’s only permanent if you exit combat.

Defining “weak” is important here. Shadowmeld can be resisted by mobs. Sometimes it simply doesn’t work. And range to the mob doesn’t seem to be a factor. Also, if one mob resists, it seem slike every mob resists. So it’s less a chance to resist than Shadowmeld having a blanket chance to fail.

Shadowmeld is great until it doesn’t work. And when it doesn’t work, you usually die.

1 Like

Or when you use it and you are STILL in combat, had that happen too many times.

3 Likes

Thanks for that, Inviscerate. I didn’t think I would have had to point out the obvious, but some people…sigh. You’d think people would actually read for context, right? But, no, they go right for the mockery in defense of a broken game, lol.

1 Like

To be fair I think what you’re seeing are players half scared to death they are going to lose their game (insert life).

Quote of the day!

You’re probably right, but the surest way to lose your game is to let them think they’re doing fine when, in actuality, there are issues that suck the fun and immersion out of the game. People stop playing when games start being more frustrating than fun.

People who defend a game? I get that. People who mock and/or attack you for point out the game is broken? I don’t get that. Fixing issues that piss people off into playing less, or something else entirely, would help keep the game alive. You can’t have “engagement” when people can’t do what the game is supposed to allow.

I would have defended Blizzard and Blizzard North to the bitter end, back when they had the integrity and commitment to games that would cause them to miss holiday deadlines because the game wasn’t done. But, the Blizzard we have today? “You think you do, but you don’t” and “don’t you people have phones”? Not even if I got free playtime.

This is funny to watch, while also quite tragic. It’s like WoW’s version of current American politics, lol. Oh, well. shrug

4 Likes

I’m not sure if anyone else has noticed but, the “Aerial Enforcer XZ-9” are the mobs that are the MAIN source of this bug, when they leash off of you for any reason, they don’t actually and keep you in combat eternally, probably something to do with their patrol code, this has happened several times to me and others in my guild and what you HAVE to do is kill the aerial enforcer that you remember you were around if this is what triggered it for you in the first place