Stuck at initializing (update)

Same here! Trying to reinstall and Bnet won’t even let a fresh install commence. Stuck on initialising as well…

Having the same issue here on my Mac Studio. Everything was fine yesterday. Very frustrating.

I also got stuck on initializing, after some time it just stopped doing anything and reverted to the update button. I restarted after running disk utility and now I’m stuck on “waiting”/ queued instead of initializing. Seems to be really making my fans blast hard while doing nothing. Eventually times out to error: BLZBNTAGT0000138F. It was working fine 8 hours ago or so.

2019 27" iMac with Ventura 13.6. Comcast ISP (if that matters)

EDIT: Just read further down in the Mac threads and this solution worked for me:

7 Likes

THANK YOU! This worked for me, too!

1 Like

Thank you! This worked perfectly. If WoW isn’t already installed and stalls, even just adding Battle.net works. It did for me on one of my computers.

1 Like

While I did this and was able to finally reinstall wow and get it to launch, doing so (with just battle.net) just drained half my battery in the span of 10 minutes. What is going on with this heap?

1 Like

Worked for me. For some reason, the Battle.net Agent toggle was turned off.

1 Like

I’m glad the fix helped those of you who commented above. Big thanks to Aeiron for posting about that in the other thread!

I’m on an iMac so didn’t have any battery issues personally, but my fan was working extra hard while trying to get everything working properly with just the agent open. Seems like there are some strange things going on.

None of the fixes suggested here have worked for me. Last thing I might try will be to update to Sonoma but I’m super hesitant.

1 Like

Based on issues with Sonoma mentioned in other threads, it might be worth it to wait a while longer.

it werked for me but i had to add like 2 different agents and there is wow launcher and wow app, different things. make sure you got it right.

This is what I did. I went to HD → Users → Shared → Battle.net → Agent
Then I deleted the file Agent.dat and open the Battle.net application (Launcher) and it updated WoW.

Hope this helps for the others.

3 Likes

I deleted the HD > Users > Shared > Battle.net > Agent folder entirely.
A fresh copy was created when the Battle.net app restarted.

2 Likes

This got it, thanks!

On M1 Pro MacBook Pro 14. Everything was broken as of this morning. Tried a ton of fixes. Could not get anything to update. As a last ditch effort I upgraded to Sonoma, still nothing. Deleted battlenet and wow folder completely to try a fresh install. Nothing. However, was able to download Diablo 3 and that worked perfectly. Finally, I added the battlenet app and wow app to the app management permissions and wrath classic is finally downloading after trying at this for literally hours. It’s definitely something with wow specifically that is causing this. I will update if I run into any other issues, but fingers crossed for now.

I’m in the same boat on my M1 Mac mini, tried these fixes and still stuck at initializing if not fixed in a few days I guess on my day off Trash wow and do a fresh install.

Odd my 15" M2 Mac book air did the update fine yesterday.

Definitely do NOT update to Sonoma. The game has been consistently crashing at login ever since I did and a lot of users are having the same problem at the moment.

Just as another data point, I added World of Warcraft, Battle.net, Battle.net-Setup, Battle.net Helper, and Agent to the “App Management” Security and Privacy permissions list. None were on it before. No change; update still sticks on Initializing.

I still have Ventura 13.6.1.

Edit: Okay, I randomly kept hitting the “Update” button each time it timed out and failed, and on the third attempt IT WORKED! Game is now updated. No freaking clue why, unless some problem was fixed just now on Blizzard’s end.

I’ve tried all the steps others have listed in here and I have not been able to update at all despite restarting the computer a few times over, doing the add them to app management in security and privacy settings. I can’t even run a scan and repair as that won’t work either. This has been since last night (AEST). I am getting quite annoyed now.

1 Like