Stuck at initializing (update)

Been stuck for more than 4 hours. It doesn’t move. Already try login out, login back, restarting computer. Scan & repair files, uninstalled wow and downloaded again as well the battle.net launcher and still says initializing. Cannot update wow at all. Already submitted 3 bug reports through the battle.net launcher (or window).

6 Likes

I have tried it all, from clearing caches, cookies, flushing DNS, restarting router, turning off the computer, uninstalling battle.net and reinstalling, running as administrator, clearing all tasks for task manager but to no avail. Still stuck in endless loop of “initializing 0%”.

3 Likes

Got it fix finally by deleting the file “agent.db” and relaunch the Blizzard Battle.net desktop app. And the update came through.

1 Like

What location is this file in?

Was there ever an update here as to where that file is located? I’ve been trying for days to install the PTR, but it never gets past “initializing”. Ugh.

I have a MacBook Air and my update just started. I had to cancel the classic WoW update for retail to go through but I don’t have Dragonflight pre-ordered yet. Thank you for the tips guys :slight_smile:

i found solution under finder->machd->users->shared->battle.net->agent

the was 2 Agent.XXXX folder and was spawning to agents. deleted the first one and it worked

2 Likes

Battlenet and World of Warcraft worked fine yesterday, but not today. So sometime between say 10pm November 8 2023 and 10 am November 9 2023, somebody changed something that broke it. Why was an additional patch/download required anyway? But on point, it seems like an installer problem, and not anything on my side. I hadn’t changed anything here, and it stopped working on its own. Hoping they figure it out soon and I can just update my Battlenet and get this game going again.

4 Likes

Can’t update. Launcher is stuck on initializing. tried reinstalling and deleting duplicate agents in the folder.

Same thing happening to me :anguished:

Didn’t work for me :confused: but thanks!

I’m having the same issue, started today. Game stuck on initializing update in Battle.net. Deleted Battle.net and support files and reinstalled; no change. I’m extremely unenthused about the prospect of deleting and reinstalling the entire game, especially since at least one person here reported that didn’t help.

1 Like

Same issue. Yesterday my Windows machine wouldn’t launch, now today my Mac won’t :frowning: Tell them to get back to work, Blizzcon is over :stuck_out_tongue:

Checked security settings, that’s not it. Tried the Battlement repair option, and that isn’t it. Tried the Mac disk utility, and that isn’t it. Tried deleted the entire game and reinstalling it, but that didn’t work. Then tried deleting and reinstalling Battlenet itself, and that didn’t work. Starcraft II and Heroes of the Storm are still available for me to play, so this really seems to be something specific to the installer, the WoW patch, how the installer was trying to install the patch, the file structure, or something. I really do not believe the problem is anything on the user side.

I should mention that right now I can still use WoW by opening the game application directly, but based on previous experience this will stop working at some point once the game gets too out of date. I seriously hope this will be fixed by then, as being unable to log in with the new raid Tuesday would be very problematic.

Same for me. Things were fine maybe 8 hours ago, but now it’s stuck at “initializing” - nothing changed here.

Same. I’ve tried everything from granting full read/write access to agent and completely removing the battle.net app and reinstalling. This worked on my other mac a few days ago but nothing is working now.

Having the same issue on my mac studio - stuck at wow download initializing 0%. Worked fine yesterday. Frustrated.

I tried to launch wow.app directly, but no go on that either. How are others doing that?

Same here!
Initializing 0%

Stuck at initialization. Been like 45 mins. Already did a log out and login, restarted computer and no updates. Last night everything was working fine.