Struggling to Play Because of Addons

How many addons do you think you need? I run Deadly Boss Mods and GTFO. And 2-3 other QOL addons. Nothing crazy.

I did have too many addons at a point. I scaled back and now it’s just Hero Rotation/Details/DBM.

As for updating them you can use something like Curseforge or other addon managers to make it easy.

1 Like

you don’t need any addons to level or run lfr.

since you’ve chosen to hide your account, i’m going to assume you only do the easiest content available.

content for which you need no addons at all.

5 Likes

One of those subtle “ban addons” topics.

And it’s not even sunday yet.

5 Likes

Nothing is mandatory, although WA is pretty close. But literally that one addon is all you need

Hard disagree here, there was a time back in TBC/WotLK/Cata when you could do that but now you pull two packs so that’s 10 mobs usually 4 different types and you’re remembering which “Blue wyrm,” is about to cast its breath next?

The amount of addons required to play the game is actually zero.

1 Like

At least there isn’t Addons play the game for you retort yet… (keyword “yet” lol.)

ESO forums in the past few weeks, maybe a month been having Addons (which are near identical to WoW Addons) auto play the game for the players threads pop up, as well mixing in requests to break gear sets now cause they too auto play the game for players. Wonder if WoW Forums will adopt that conspiracy here soon as well lol.

What addons specifically are REQUIRED to play? What specific addon made you quit? Also updating them takes 30 seconds. Or are you just parroting asmon?

1 Like

We even got some “addons tell you what to do” posts, as a free side dish!

2 Likes

This has to be a fake post

1 Like

I mainly use dbm / weak auras and plater. I can do without a good chunk of my addons. Sure they are convent but i dont need em.

You read this like I’m using 30+ addons. We’re talking RestedXP for leveling, Bartender, and a few others. To the point of most groups of “I only use 3-4”, Weak Auras and others are not necessarily mandatory, but they are significant advantages to playing the game.

To pretend otherwise is insane lol.

EDIT: I’m providing feedback and experience. If me as a veteran of the game is saying that it’s too overwhelming to deal with, imagine what it must be like to deal with for others who are less experienced in the game.

completely unnecessary

unnecessary unless you need a custom bar setup the default ui doesn’t handle

Cherry picked examples… and those take the minimal amount of setup.

:clown_face:

i picked the ones you said you used

Cherry picked :clown_face:

Addons are not required. It is you just chosing to use addons.

how to say “I just do casual activities” in more words.

Thing about addons is WoW is an immensely complex game and the developers are working hard to keep the community engaged.

Addons help the developers save time and allow them to focus on doing what they want to do. To some degree, this might cause complexity bloat, but at the same time, if addons do a great job of what they’re intended to do, thus allowing the developers to focus more on the things they’re great at doing, you can just rationalize that addons are a core component of the game.

Things are all about how you internalize them. If you don’t like add-ons, ask yourself why. If you decide you don’t want to use them, don’t use them. Not too difficult.

3 Likes