Stratholme Service Entrance Sending people to main gate

Same on Trollbane, it’s not a major inconvenience… you don’t have to do much to get to the undead side, but it still tripped me out at first.

You can walk to the undead side from the inside of the instance.

It’s just no longer split in two.

The outside portal doesn’t work…but once inside–just go to the undead side on the right of the instance.

Works beautifully.

For what it’s worth, they didn’t combine the two dungeons. They’ve always been the same instance. The gate separating the two at Festival Lane/Elder’s Square was added later, presumably to prevent people from getting too lost when they play the dungeon via RDF, but both full dungeons still existed in the same instance. You could look through the gate and still see the other side.

They’ve just removed the gate, restoring access between both sides, as it used to be (and still is in Classic).

A Gm told me its working as intended I just assume they don’t read peoples tickets anymore. But I found a fix changed dungeon to Heroic and it lets me thru the main gate. If you want to do Servant entrance run dungeon on normal.

3 Likes

I have the opposite problem. Accidentally went into Service Entrance side. Now when I try to go in the Main Entrance, it’s sending back to the Service Entrance. Super annoying as I am trying to get ‘The Elder’ done on an Alt

2 Likes

All day I have been trying to get into the Live side by front entrance. I am then in the UD service entrance side when I get ported in. I cant find a way into Live side at all.

Had this problem, and the fix of turning dungeon to Heroic let me enter the Live side.

@Blizz this is still an issue

Also having this problem but changing to Heroic isn’t working. The dungeon keeps resetting it to Normal when I zone in and booting me to undead side.

Still a thing. I just wanted to turn in quests on my alt. :sob:

I’m having the opposite problem now. I enter the live side and end up in the dead side (servant’s entrance).

1 Like

Can confirm. Opposite problem still happening atm. Entering live side and appearing in servant’s entrance.

When all of this went down, I figured out the following:
If you go in the main gate, you can kill both Live Side and Dead Side without leaving the entrance.
If you go in the main gate and kill Bal, then leave, then enter the service entrance without resetting, it puts you back on the live side.
If you go in the service gate first, the gate to the living side is closed, but you can kill Rivendare as normal.

Has this been fixed?

If only there was a way to test this…

It looks like it’s been fixed. Entering the Service Entrance put me at the Service Entrance. Resetting and entering the Main Gate put me at the Main Gate.

This bug is still present. 5 months later.

1 Like

just now entering main gate takes me to service entrance…

This bug is still present. 5 months later.

Found this today while working on the secrets of Naxxramas stuff that was added in 10.0.5.
When I walked in the Strath main entrance the old gate to the undead side was open and I could get to Rivendare.
After completing the run to unlock the new portal to Naxx I reset instances to farm scourge stones and the service entrance now works the way it should again.

2 Likes

Still doing this. I take it’s not a bug?

Edit: How I got it to work was to go into main, leave, reset instance, go into service entrance

As of posting, this is still bugged.