Stratholme Service Entrance Sending people to main gate

Really hate to say it, but getting some New World vibes here…is anybody awake?

This still hasnt been fixed? Are there any people working on WoW anymore?

Seriously Blizzard…

2 Likes

I noticed it a couple weeks ago but figured it was an oopsie they’d get around to the next patch day. :grimacing: Please, man - this and Winterspring Frostsaber are my last two classic mounts.

I have no game dev experience, but one would think this would be relatively simple, easy, quick fix, no?..but that requires someone to actually read the bug report forums…along with the bug report tickets on this issue, guess that’s asking too much.

*yes I’m being mildly passive aggressive…but seriously…

I’ve had the same issue for the last couple days, no matter which character I try with.

I have no game dev experience, but it seems to me that changing the spawn location to a different dungeon was something that didn’t do itself. Somebody had to actively make that change. It’s not like changing one mob resulting in changes to other mobs of that type.

2 Likes

At this point, after two weeks, it seems unlikely that this was an accident.

I’m guessing there was some kind of exploit going on which caused them to just cut off access to the dungeon while they worked on a fix.

Why there continues to be no announcement or acknowledgement is beyond me, though.

3 Likes

I noticed I was a few rep away from exalted with Argent Dawn, so I did the quest to grab the book from main gate stratholm that gives rep and you can repeat over again. I decided to go up towards Festival Lane on the right side and the gate was open which lead to the Service Entrance, I was then able to go along and kill Rivendale.

It seems like they merged the dungeons back without telling anyone.

4 Likes

Yeah just Checked the gate to festival lane from Main Entrance is indeed open.

Nice, guess I’ll try it later…if that indeed works, then I only have one thing to say: “the devs are listening…and laughing.”

1 Like

I don’t know if I’m just stupid or don’t understand how it works. But when I went to try to use the Master Key to the City the service gate still leads to Main. I also can’t seem to scale the enemies to my level, their stuck at 30. Kinda need leveled loot not level. 30 loot.

@EVERYONE - They for whatever reason have combined the two dungeons. In order to enter the side entrance instance, you will need to enter the main dungeon. Once inside, head towards the right on Festival Lane and the gate should be open. Once you go, the map will change to the correct one. Idk if this was intentional but we can still farm for our mount. Hope this helps

4 Likes

It was not like that last week, i will try. Thanks everyone

Yeah the gate will open for you.

2 Likes

Yeah, can confirm this now works, they must have fixed it via merging the instance, but can also confirm it didnt work this way last week.

Confirming again the east gate still takes you to the main entrance, but the service gate is open.

Confirmed festival gate is open. Wasn’t before maintenance, so that must have been their “fix” xD

k. Go into the UD side. It takes you to city side. keep to your right until you come to Festival lane. It takes a bit to see the opening on the map as it just looks like the wall. once you see it its “The Gauntlet”. Now your in UD side. Do it like you always did making sure to kill the Magistrate Barthilas to get the key drop which opens the back door to UD side next time you go into back door strat

2 Likes

same issue. service gate bugged. i can confirm that going to the right side as posted by Sadeeva[<Pénsive>] does work