Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 2)

Comparing the two posts… Thaddeus was on topic and discussing the thread. Ren’s post was just a shot across the bow, with no context or reference to the topic. Basically just : “you suck!”

Both posts skirt the line, but one is on topic while the other is just a pop-up attack. That is the major difference I see.

Maybe someone was offended at how she misspelled “jargon” as “jagon”

I would agree that both sides use “flagging” as a weapon. Personally, I only flag people who spam advertise You Tubers and streamers. I don’t flag for opinions or expression - even when directed at me.

But others will flat out flag you for disagreeing on Master Loot, much less politics.

You’re not wrong about the flagging. Personally, I flag people who spam advertisements or use mean-spirited (or dishonest) mockery. I don’t flag for disagreements (as it’s possible to express disagreement without using mockery) - even when directed against me.

I don’t even flag the mockery. It is all in good fun, as far as I am concerned.

I just flag spam adverts. The Threads that are like “Hey watch this video!” With no opinions of their own.

But people on these Forums will flag for anything. I got flagged for replying to a person too much in a Master Loot thread. It was clearly a back and forth - but the other person and his friends flagged me. The Mod over in GD was a real jerk at the time, and I disagreed with popular people.

I shed no tears when that Mod was quite publicly let go. Felt like he had something against me. I noticed a lot less forum action against me since his departure.

Good fun? Speaking from noticing similar in myself, I’ve seen you get riled and vicious when mocked.

That said, good work on the Master Loot situation. I too know what it’s like to be on an online forum under a mod with a grudge.

I’m still here. And I really appreciate this thank you :blush:

2 Likes

The only reason why I used that post as an example is triple letter clan is one of the prohibitted topics.

1 Like

I meant in the sense like school yard teasing. Like two kids teasing each other with all sorts of crass and bawdy insults, but both being silent when the teacher walks by. Sort of mutual combat.

Rest assured, I only flag posts that break the rules.

I get where you’re coming from now.

As you’re being civil… probably helped that I was condemning the triple K group. I noticed that their name was no longer on the list of banned words when I was able to type it (the name of the Third Reich group is still a banned word).

How many of your threads have been 404’d because they decended into unciivility on your part? Too many to count.

2 Likes

It was nice while it lasted. You might want to look into a mirror when you say that, Ren.

2 Likes

I downed 3 bosses before reset. This will be my first week completing LFR too. I too hope to slay Frak this week.

3 Likes

/turns away, and stares blankly as he has flash backs of the great forum battles of years gone by

As I say, I remember when that particular Mod was let go, quite publicly. There was some “fan outrage,” people who sucked up to him on the forums and social media. But I was glad he wouldn’t be the judge in my case, any longer.

He actually tried to get me banned from the Forums for life. I got it overturned. Luckily. But not for lack of trying on his part.

Makes me think he must have been getting a lot of complaints. Makes me wonder how many people he banned.

Yeah, I am still bitter about that guy trying to ban me. I do find joy in being able to post about his exit years later.

2 Likes

I’m about half way done with the Breaching the Tomb achievement on my druid. Than I’ll finally have my Lunarwing flight form.

Super excited :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

-Deathwing mount is on the BMAH
-for 4 million gold

t…thanks…

2 Likes

That’s a big oof. Sorry to hear that :frowning_with_open_mouth:

2 Likes

Sometimes I think you and I are like Tom and Jerry on the WoW forums (and I’m not sure which of us is Tom and which is Jerry). And that’s not an insult.

1 Like

two peas in a pod 🫛 very sweet.

I checked the BMAH maybe twice and realized that it would never have anything that I both wanted and could afford

7 Likes

Where is the BMAH in Dragonflight, anyway?

1 Like