Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 2)

Ok, Past Nagging Alynsa, I did do that, so now the amazing and excellent and funny and charming Future Alynsa, who is also Present Alynsa, is gonna do the fun things. See? Do not doubt Future Alynsa. The future is inevitable, and so am I!!

1 Like

THESE GRAPHICS

Iā€™m going to try to install it and my computer is going to explode in protest.

1 Like

Hav you guys seen the trailer for the new Godzilla x Kong: New Empire movie yet? It looks soo good.

1 Like

Well you got there eventually. I was actually thinking about the ā€œpresentā€ in the sense of the self in the moment you read that post. You have expressed a desire to be a kinder person and that starts with being kinder to yourself.

2 Likes

I love this series of movies.

1 Like

I thought that pink godzilla was a fan edit.

2 Likes

Oh, well, pft. I can insult past, present and future Alynsa, because she has a thick skin and will get over it.

Yes, she will. I know this because all three of them told me.

The Out-Of-Sync-With-Time Alynsa.

I am multitude.

2 Likes

:dracthyr_nod: And we are all better for it. :dracthyr_tea:

Ok!! So, today I got a lot accomplished that I was not entirely certain I was even going to try to do, but I went and did.

1. I did not get distracted, and my Nightborne Warrior is now level 70.
  2. I finally figured out who Iā€™d boost; my draino hunter. I got my weekly Valā€™draka thing and my ED thing done, and only got a goober ring from my bags. Sad draino.
  3. I unlocked Big Humans, Death Metal Dwarves and Cybergnomes. Special thanks to Twinkle for helping to keep me sane on that speed grind.
  4. I got the warlock imp customization quest done in the Darkmoon Faireā€¦ Twice. Because I didnā€™t realize it was account-wide until my second warlock as already part way through and it phase locked me. Sad lock.
  5. Red ant draino customization is now unlocked.
  6. And I finished everything up by getting my draino hunterā€™s engineering high enough to make my epically epic googles.

I am going to turn my brain off now. If you do not hear from me for a few days, call the Alynsa customer service number and let them know my internal servers are still down.

3 Likes

Ever since getting my new computer Iā€™ve been playing a lot of Fallout New Vegas, as Iā€™ve been interested in playing that game with mods for awhile. Iā€™ve been doing playthroughs where I only use one particular weapon (some more successful than others) and today I beat the game using only holy frag grenades. I had an idea that the character in this playthrough was on a holy mission to eradicate evil from the wasteland, but I ended up getting a lot of evil karma; holy frag grenades are basically handheld nukes so their blast radius is massive, resulting in a lot of collateral damage. I ended up getting villafied rep with nearly every faction except for the Followers Of The Apocalypse somehow. All of that negative reputation caused me to side with Mr House; you can determine for yourself how holy that is.

In contrast, I figured Iā€™d watch some TV before going to sleep, so I put on Star Wars Visions at random. Iā€™ve never seen it before but so far Iā€™m impressed. I tend to like Star Wars whenever it is doing something different than the usual, so seeing various anime styles adapted for that universe is pretty neat. The fight scenes are awesome, the only one so far that I didnā€™t like much was The Twins. Itā€™d be remarkable if these scenes were put into live action but thatā€™s probably never going to happen.

1 Like

I like science-fiction settings where humanity isnā€™t the default leader race or the sue-ish underdog. Like of like early Mass Effect 1 or Babylon 5. Im sure it makes the MHP types seethe in insecure rage.

The latter had a great subversion of the common HFY trope. Humans were new on stage, opened up trade and inproved the sector. They even defeated this big bad evil race that was a local bully. Its all human potential this and that until they accidentally kill the big leader of the settungs space elves, who proceed to systematically exterminate human colonies and were on the verge of finishing off Earth and the human species until they stop for some unknown reason. Humanity only got one minor victory in that entire war, and the war brutally killed off Humanityā€™s idealism as a species, leading to the Babylon program.

2 Likes

Babylon 5 wasnā€™t bad. I liked the idea of the setting. I wasnā€™t a fan of the obsession with spirituality/religion and how everything kept being tied back into it.

The episodes that werenā€™t hammering in spirit/religion representation into the plot about aliens and cultures were pretty good.

Itā€™s a real shame that humanity itself is so insecure that we canā€™t write stories that donā€™t present us as the default ideal. That said I do like stories where the humans and their ā€œEmpire(s)ā€ arenā€™t the default good guys and the aliens/others arenā€™t the weak punching bags that most present them as.

4 Likes

Iā€™m watching Adventure Time for the first time. I missed the train when it first came out, prefered Steven Universe instead.

My brain is sleep-drunk and I donā€™t know what to do about it except drink more coffee.

I used to watch that show when I would babysit my niece, as she had it on the TV while she ran around.

I love Bender from Futurama as the Dog guy. They are almost the same.

1 Like

You are speaking to me after dehumanizing me?

Get lost.

I have this really good gingerbread cream for my coffee and itā€™s sooo good :blush:

2 Likes

Whatā€™s your recipe?!

I made a hot chocolate bar in my kitchen for the holidays. Iā€™m always looking to impliment new ideas.

I mean, you replied to me in this very threadā€¦

After all your ravings, I still responded politely in our previous exchange in this very thread.

I can put down my swords at the door, if the other party isnā€™t being rude at the moment. I donā€™t hold grudges, but I donā€™t forget how people are, either.

I figured you were less bent than you were in the past, if you were trying to chat politely. You replied to me to begin withā€¦