Story Forum Community Lounge (Part 2)

My only story of PvPing at the PvP towers (this isn’t an Alynsa story time, because I cannot really go all out for this) was being on my prot pally, who I’ve been playing since BC, getting jumped by some frost DK.

He tried as soon as I entered the zone. I knew with my bad gear at the time that killing him would take too long, and I really just wanted to get my WQ done.

So I effectively made him my non-combat pet as I did my objectives. He’d try to kill me, sure. But he may as well have been trying to kill a mountain. I’d just throw a stunhammer on him, rush over to the next pack of things I need to smush, tag them, he’d grip me, I’d drop my many, many AoEs, slowly kill all my guys, Flash Heal and Word of Glory back to full and stun-n-run to the next pack.

He was definitely getting frustrated by the time we’re running up the tower to the mini-boss. That’s when he’s blowing every single cooldown he could, so I would finally just freaking…

Bubble. Cuz I’m a paladin. I don’t need to waste time dealing with all that. Pft to your big cooldowns and zombie armies and stuff!!

It must have upset him too much, because he didn’t even bother following me all the way to the top, where he likely had his best chance of doing anything. Those mini bosses did actual damage, unlike the trash I have to kill along the way.

4 Likes

Know why we pick on you for the wild mutant murdercrocs and all that?

Because we’re jealous of how lovely your country looks.

:heart:

2 Likes

So very true.

Black bears, and a couple of snakes with venom as well, around here but really calling me out with this… lol.

In all seriousness though you guys some amazing night sky’s and just generally beautiful landscapes. Sadly, my night sky is a pale glow from the local towns and the landscape is largely locked down by the nymby’s and militias making even walking for exercise dangerous.

1 Like

I feel the same way about Moose.

People come to Canada and think moose are like deer. No moose are hippos on stilts with giant ramming devices on their heads.

The bears are nice.

2 Likes

A moose is nature’s answer to a tank.

2 Likes

did I tell you guys about the snowy owl who lived in my neighborhood? I haven’t seen her in a year so I think she’s dead but she used to leave decapitated bird heads on my porch.

all the small dogs in the area had to wear coyote vests because she tried to snatch them on walks. She was a menace. We have actual coyotes and it’s an owl that caused the most problems.

2 Likes

So how’s everyone’s evening?

We all having a good time?

1 Like

Just the same. Been on and off the Forums and General WoW Community Social Medias. Mainly because I have been playing Total Warhammer, catching alot on World of Warcraft, sometimes time killers like Northgard, Age of Darkness, Age of Empires, Valheim, and etc games.

Respect! All good games!

1 Like

What’s wrong with grizzly bears?

Most of the time they’re completely reasonable.

The other times they’re not.

3 Likes

My evening is going good, doing some actual WoW playing in between other activities. Feels kinda odd because for awhile I’ve been busy with life so I haven’t been doing as much gameplaying, but I can relax and take my time now since I don’t have to go anywhere tomorrow due to being unemployed again. I was a delivery driver for a pizza place and got fired after a few months of being there due to the assistant manger being a sadistic psycho. I got fired after being accused of stealing my tips (how?), which I knew was coming because they only gave me two work days for that week despite working five days every week before that, I just wasn’t expecting that to be the excuse. I’m considering sueing for wrongful termination.

4 Likes

Ooof, man that sucks to hear. Hopefully you get some justice.

2 Likes

Someone has gone and cast aspersions on the sacred art of WoW Fishing. Aspersions, I tell you!! They have not shown the respect due to such a noble and neglected profession, no!! To this sacred calling, and I shall not stand for it.

I shall not stand for it, I tell you!!

I’m’a post a story about why Fishing is the best profession in all of Warcraft’s entire HISTORY so this person puts some respect on fishing’s name.

6 Likes

Who dares disrespect fishing?!

1 Like

Well I’m not gonna go around naming names, but they know exactly who they are and what they did!!

And I shall not stand for it!! Nor shall I sit for it either!! No, I’ll not even lay down for it!!!

Rise up, Sons and Daughters of the Rod!!! Bait and fishing await us!!!

FOR THE ANGLERS!!!

4 Likes

Archaeology > Fishing

2 Likes

So when you woke up today, did you already know you were going to walk the path of violence? Or is this more of a seizing the moment, new opportunity thing?

3 Likes

I’m sorry, but which profession hasn’t been updated since BFA exactly? Hmm?!

3 Likes

Archaeology: Collect pieces, get a prize, learn lore.

Fishing: Click a bobber, get a fish, use for other professions.

Blizzard hasn’t added archaeology since BFA because they don’t think it’s interesting enough, yet they spend developer time continuing to implement fishing as it has been since vanilla despite stating years ago they want to revamp it. It’s just a double standard.

Why is this the first thing i see when I wake up at 4 am

There are weirdos who shall be named who appreciate the fact that fishing is simple and boring and it takes little time to implement

Archaeology takes time and effort to make content for, for relatively little pay off in the player base

I know which one I’m more excited for but if I had to choose one for game design, Fishing makes more sense to keep even if I hate it with the passion of a kilosun

2 Likes