Stormwind is unplayable

Hi. Welcome to Wyrmrest Accord. Please tell us about your roleplay character.

Like, you do realize people grade themselves on other scales than you do, right?

A lot of us (certainly not everyone, though) prioritize our roleplay above all else. We might enjoy other parts of the game, but we primarily care about telling good stories, making fun characters, creating events, or whatever. I’ve said before “I pay $15 a month to pretend to be an elf online.”

I enjoy PvP, but I hardly consider myself “good” at it. I certainly don’t enjoy it enough to interrupt my roleplay to throw myself into a 1v40 fight against someone who can’t even tell me what Loa his paladin bargains with, smh.

3 Likes

But many of y’all DO care about PVP, shown by the fact that y’all went to defend Turalyon when me attacking Turalyon didn’t affect your roleplay in any way (unless y’all were RPing as “defenders of Stormwind,” in which case, I could say that we were RPing as “conquerors of Stormwind”).

As someone who usually fiercely defends PvP, city raids, and all that I’m unsure on this enthusiasm to defend yourself to a server that seems to not want you here.

My advice, be mindful of what could be interepted as RP griefing. Because that ‘is’ a violation of Blizzard’s server rules/codes of conduct. You want a solid PvP fight? Fine I guess but when your enjoyment is coming at the expense of the server/city at large at that point you go from someone else to just playing the game to just being a PoS. :man_shrugging:t6:

8 Likes

Subjective but when you can’t see people walking and get a several second delay between conversation, it does actually affect it regardless of your opinion on what those of us who showed up to defend Turalyon did or did not do.

Is it a Blizzard problem? Is it a you problem? I don’t know but Blizz’s community management has no interest in doing anything about it and I don’t have access to the server blades in order to run my own maintenance so the only remaining recourse is to say: Hey. Maybe go find a different server to find hallowed and valiant defenders on for your jollies and Twitch views.

It doesn’t help that the Alliance side of WrA is currently experiencing a decline, whether or not your intent was to bring down the server / muck up Stormwind connectivity and you just happen to be getting lumped in with some other tryhard it actually turns out the presence of either of your raids isn’t welcome and contributes more to people wanting to vacate.

7 Likes

even if someone was good at something
doesnt mean they want to do it with you

and disrupting the server until a handful of ppl throw you out is just about the definition of griefing.

I hear Illidan is full of tryhards though

1 Like

I love the concept of someone coming to WrA of all servers to try and be like “DO YOU NOT HAVE ANY PRIDE IN YOUR PVP SKILLS”

like bro have you seen a majority of us

5 Likes

wehres your faction pride

bro i dont even go to this school go home bro bro. wqait bro dont punch me bro the jacket im wearing bro its not mine bro

bro bro wait bro

i had to put him down

apparently im not allowed to just write bruh so

bruh

I was always taught that not being a PvPer made me an objectively more virtuous and attractive person, but maybe that’s just the way I was raised.

2 Likes

Literelly every single time we get a thread with even the faintest whiff of a pvp opinion, my stance on dismantling all social and mmo aspects from video games gets a little bit stronger.

not taking sides but city raids are just pve lad. youre just doing your pve rotation on guards. like damn bro just queue for lfr its literally the same thing lmao

1 Like

Ah yes, my daily PvP thread.

have a post.

3 Likes

What’s with the sudden push to try and force people into PVP? ED isn’t as active but it’s still a thing. You know, a server that actually wants PVP (not saying anything bad about them of course).

It sounds glib, but I really think the answer when you get down to it is “because Shadowlands isn’t out yet, we have no idea when it’s going to come out, and people are bored.”

PvE is sort of dependent on a raid being out, or more generally, on the rewards from killing monsters being relevant. With PvP, though, you’re never going to run out of people to fight.

2 Likes

When I said I’d like to see more PVP this isn’t what I wanted

Why dost this monkeys paw curl

1 Like

People forgetting that at heart, WrA is a roleplay server and not historically a PvP server or RPPvP.

These big “off-realm” groups saying that got guilds in 70+ servers.

But then choose the one server that historically cares little for PvP or doesn’t want them around.

It’s getting to the point of more “fight via reporting” because to me, it’s deliberate zone disruption.

These people should choose a server that want this around.

This is not one of them.

(And I am apologizing if I am really adamant about this.)

(I have had RPs interrupted thanks to these people.)

4 Likes

I’m not the one streaming WoW PVP videos /shrug

https://i.imgflip.com/4jy5z3.jpg

1 Like

link your patreon, coward

Guys, Stormwind has no king.

We must end this evil revolutionary line of thought about putting some commoner like Turalyon in charge. We must go find some random noble and install them instead… by force!

2 Likes