Storm Dust Economy

I think the (potential) problem is that if Shard Shatter looks at Rare Resourcing (because you are Shattering a rare item), then people who invested in Uncommon Utilitarian have wasted their points - because now you can take a piece of rare armor, Disenchant it into a high quality shard, and then Shatter that into high quality dust.

The other option is, Shatter is unaffected by your Designated Disenchanter sub-specializations, or is affected by all of them. But that feels like it’s going to have issues, I just can’t quite pinpoint them.

The way I can see this working is to have Shatter benefit from the sub-specialization of the product. So you Shatter a shard to get dust, the quality of the dust is improved by your Uncommon Utilitarian, just like if you were Disenchanting an uncommon item. And similarly, if you Shatter a crystal to get shards, the quality of the shards should be improved by your Rare Resourcing. Which leaves Epic Escalations to benefit only directly disenchanting epic items, but I think that’s fine.

I have some concerns about how Shatter is going to interact with reagent quality, so hopefully Blizz keeps an eye on it, and is ready to react a little faster if something seems out of whack…

(Also, thanks, Kaivax, for the update.)

1 Like

I certainly wouldn’t argue against a respec, my Disenchanting Enchanter’s tree is an absolute mess.

The Rare capstone is terrible right now btw, it just randomly gives 1* materials from rares you’re disenchanting maybe 20% of the time.

3 Likes

As mentioned above, is there any recourse for players who invested their knowledge points heavily into Uncommon Utilitarian now that the game state is suddenly being changed? This wasn’t a bug fix or anything, it’s introducing an entirely new mechanic. Before this change, Uncommon Utilitarian seemed like a worthwhile early investment because disenchanting green gear was one of the only way to generate Storm Dust. Now that Storm Dust will be much more abundant, players who chose to invest a large bulk of their professions Knowledge Points in that path feel robbed.

6 Likes

That’d be cool, that’s how Blasphemite crafts work for Jewelcrafters. Each of the base Jewel types increase your skill crafting Blasphemite cuts.

Heck, while we’re talking about it, this is highly unfortunate for my near worthless Transmutation spec’d Alchemist.

His only real purpose the past few weeks has been using Thaumaturgy to turn Mycobloom into Storm Dust and Bismuth.

I’m stuck at home…this is the time to buy blue crystals =(

the gleaming shards spiked from 12g this morning to 100g and simmered back down to 75g atm lol

1 Like

Maybe you have better RnG than me. I am lucky to get one Null Stone in a 30 minute gathering session.

The weird thing is my alts manage to get imperfect Null Stones a lot more often and most them haven’t even hit 100 skill.

2 Likes

And it happened pretty much instantly after Kaivax’s post :smiley: The goblins hopped on this one quickly.

I’m curious how much more common they’ll be with full rare gear, since they’re affected by Finesse and Perception.

Have gotten 2x Null Stones from a single Bismuth quite a few times.

If you get lucky and get Finesse to fire when you get one. I’m only using Green tools with a perception enchant. Sitting at 10% Finesse and 21% Perception for Bismuth.

I went the opposite, Finesse tool, Finesse enchant, all green tools for Herb and Mining (double gatherer, please Blizzard, give some Acuity crumbs).

28% Finesse/12% Perception for Bismuth, 26% Finesse/6% Perception for Luredrop (fully spec’d).

1 Like

Now Fix The issue with next to no duskweave or dawnweave dropping

5 Likes

Cool, should have been in from the beginning.

Not necessarily goblins, I bought 200 shards at 15g a pop for my enchanter to DE for personal use.

thank you! any chance they’re working on making dawnweave and duskweave drop again?

Null stones are also too expensive and why is Ironclaw Whetstone 1h and Weightstone is 2h

For real, I think any NPC order should always provide any Rare or Epic mats.

7 Likes

How did this even make it out of beta? What is actually being tested, anything?

3 Likes

ya they do “test” things… but not gameplay related… more like “representation” is all they focus on and the game is secondary.

1 Like