Storm Dust Economy

I’m actually embarrassed how much gold i spend lvling enchanting on my druid. The dust was costing me so much, wish i waited for this hotfix

While shattering is a nice addition it doesn’t fix tailoring being nearly useless in combination with enchanting for the first time in years. Having basic tailoring plans needing enchanting materials breaks the synergy between the two.

Wind up with an overabundance of cloth but no way to use it to fuel enchanting since it takes enchanting to make something. Just silly you’ve replaced enchanting + tailoring with needing an entirely different character using mining and blacksmithing to pump out hammers to disenchant or an alch+herb using transmute.

1 Like

I don’t get how you find Tailoring “Nearly Useless”. Maybe you don’t understand how it works and what you can do with it.

Maybe read/watch some tailoring guides.

That will hardly matter with how null stones are required, the problem isnt just getting them it’s their rarity across entire regions driving prices to insane level.

Combine that with the way to obtain it, which yay great some will start getting full ones, but the market won’t suddenly drop prices on those items which will be in higher demand in the coming weeks and months

If there’s 5 times the supply when people have their gathering trees filled out (which admittedly will take some time) then it will ‘matter’ and should have an impact eventually on prices.

I mean null stones required is also going up, example was already given with socket adding items require 2 per. In a vacuum ok we getting more supply, but we also have more sources that will require it.

I love the optimism that this will somehow magic solve itself, I just don’t see that happening anytime soon enough

It already had an impact for me - I wasnt filling ui orders that required a null stone - now I am. And yes demand will definitely go up because of high end armor crafting and jc. Im not saying the problem will be solved - Im just saying the basic rules of supply and demand will have some impact on prices. If supply goes up more than demand then price should fall. If demand goes up more than supply then the price will sadly go up. It isn’t ‘magic’ - just basic maths. The other limited supply gathering rare - the herbalism one which is needed for all flask crafts - the price will go through the roof this week as people need flasks for raiding / M+… it caps the rate at which flasks can be produced.

The completely sad change they made to duskweave / dawnweave drop rates has seen a huge increase in bag prices - supply got totally nerfed to almost zero - a basic example of supply and demand.

While I agree that there should be uncommon items produce by Tailoring, I think we are going to be able to mass produce rare ones (that don’t require dust), DE those into shards, and Shatter those into dust. A little roundabout, but it should do the trick.

1 Like

So enchanting is being “fixed”. How about the drop rates for dawn/dusk weave?

2 Likes

They are trying to nerf 2x4 farming, especially with hyperspawn exploits. Remix was a breaking point for sure, but it’s been moving toward nerfs for a bit now.

The biggest reason to nerf 2x4 is the number of bots exploiting it. I encountered tons of hyperspawn 2x4 bot groups in DF. There were consistent spots used. I could almost always fly to the known areas and find a group with botting hunters pulling with barrage, a monk with Dave out, and then some AoE spammers. The hunters would have the exact same rotations and paths (long paths, but predictable after a bit of observation); they even botted running out of combat, mounting the vendor yak and clearing grey trash from bags. Same exact path and spot to mount.

Your video is definitely of a bot group. Watch the hunters. They path the same each barrage to get the pulls/tags.

I also know this was a favored bot group location from watching numerous other bot groups at the exact location. Reported the heck out of them and got many official Blizzard mailings saying account actions had been taken because of the reports.

SO when can we expect our enchanting knowledge points to be reset? Because we chose a path based on there NOT being a shatter to create Storm Dust. Which was like, your game design decision. So now that I am able to create Storm dust through the only way that was possible before. You are going to add a better route that should’ve already and had already existed in previous expansions. Feels really really really really really scummy to be beta testing still.

And who cares about the enchanters who spec’d into disenchanting greens? Get blizzard’d.

Probably about the same time they did it DF: never.

1 Like

For fueling the early stages it kind of is. You can’t make basic greens with tailoring since there’s no uncommon armor recipes and the profession equipment takes 3 stormdust.

Like I said, the shattering helps since there is in fact rare armor plans that don’t take dust to make or shards so you can craft those to disenchant and shatter but there are people who most likely spec’d in to disenchanting uncommons but have no way to produce them with tailoring like you have before…ya know for like a decade.

Doesn’t help a lot of enchants ask for 25+ dust.

I checked in game and couldn’t find anything, but since there was a patch/maint/hotfixes and all that today, just in case I’m missing something obvious I figured I’d ask. This is not live yet, is it?

This update is now live and working as intended.

Okay for anyone wondering, my disenchanter ALT has 30 points in the Designated Disenchanter tree, 30 points in the green disenchanting spec, and 30 points in the blue disenchanting spec (though the blue one doesn’t affect the shatter according to the text) + 128 Enchanting skill.

With those stats, shattering rank 3 gleaming shards gives me rank 3 dusts only like once every 4-5 casts. The rest is just a mix of rank 2 and yes, a lot of rank 1 dust yields even with all those knowledge points spec’d and shattering rank 3 shards.

Resourcefulness does affect it, but the ratio seems to be a bit off. It’s not the 21% that lists there. Not even close.

5 Likes

Okay, shatter really helps be more self-sufficient with Tailor+Enchant but it still feels poopy there’s no green armor recipe that doesn’t take dust to make so you can get better use outta the point spent in uncommon disenchant. Better than nothing I suppose.

Shatter scales with your points in uncommon. Not sure if it gives more, but it increases quality.