Storm Dust Economy

I haven’t noticed anything more than 3 dust returns. So sadly I don’t believe the 20th and 30th point effect in utilitarian do anything for it. Kinda hoped it would have. Ah well.

1 Like

Is it working as intended? I just smashed a bunch of tier 2 shards and only got tier 1 dust out of this? If this is intended, what skill do I need to raise to get higher tier dust? SMH

2 Likes

I have Uncommon and Rare maxed out for DE and smashing tier 2 shards is only giving me tier 1 dust

1 Like

I have Uncommon and Rare both maxed out and smashing tier 2 shards I only got tier 1 dust, no tier 2

1 Like

thank you!

any chance of a fix to dawnweave/duskweave, which are basically not dropping since friday?

1 Like

Its a great change, but you really need to let people who specced into green disenchanting refund their knowledge since that’s 30 points wasted thanks not to an organic market fluctuation but due to a blizzard pushed change. Change is good, but bricking peoples’ enchanting knowledge 2 weeks in is bad.

Especially since the shatter rates are SO BAD. 11 silver shards shattered, didn’t get any yellow dust and barely even got any silver dust. So my specialization isn’t even good for getting good value out of the shatter.

Edit: Did another 70 silver shards just to make sure it wasn’t just bad opening rng… still not one gold dust and I only got maybe 20 total silver dust out of about 80 silver shards. The value of disenchant green specialization has gone from ‘decent’ to ‘the worst points you could possibly spend’.

3 Likes

I just did a very quick and VERY small sampled test with r2 shard shatter, and out of 10 casts I got 3 casts yielding r2 dust and 7 casts yielding r1 dust. Stats and knowledge points as I described in my previous post.

Now gleaming shards will probably skyrocket if we can’t shatter crystals.

I shattered around 100 r1 and r2. I didn’t get a single r3 dust with maxed Disenchanting spec.

Please refund Enchanting points!

You can’t shatter and get dust that outranks what you shattered. That wouldn’t even make sense. How do you expect to get a r3 dust from a r2 shard?

That said, the ratio at which you get r3 dust from shattering r3 shards is pretty abysmal. It should be better for people who spent knowledge points spec’ing into full disenchant.

1 Like

Yeah, i’d settle for the points making it so it’s 1:1 on quality. You shatter a R3 you get R3 dust if you’re spec’d for it.

As it stands right now if you’re spec’d for uncommon disenchant it’s a pretty big waste of points this soon in to the expansion since as i said before, there’s no tailoring recipes of uncommon quality that don’t inherently take Storm Dust to make in the first place and uncommon drops aren’t around as much as they have been in the past. You’re almost immediately thrown in to Rare gear right off the rip.

Kinda defeats the purpose of going full disenchant + tailoring if it spends more materials than you get back.

1 Like

Is that how it’s intended to work? In my region, r3 Gleaming Shards are 2-3x the price of r3 Storm Dust still… Why would I shatter into something less valuable?

As is, even the r2 shatters are mostly returning r1 dust…

1 Like

That should be the point of the knowledge investment - the chance of ‘winning’ on the break. 30 points should be enough to occasionally break up.

(And its not like it would be the first time they’ve had that - you can get silver thread from bronze cloth with enough skill)

2 Likes

We can go further and either remove storm dust from green item crafting, add storm dust to higher than green DE or give us more green items to craft but this is still a welcome change!

Fully specced into disenchanting. It makes zero difference to shattering. My items procced rarely to reduce the amount. When it is 1 it is basically a free dust break down. The points spent make no difference.

No, blues are abundant to disenchant.

For now… They will eventually start drying up when less Enchanters start queueing for Normal and Heroic dungeons, and just move onto M+…

I really hope we can also get a refulgant crystal shatter so we can keep up with it. If you’re a tailor you can just DE blues, but that’s yet another 30 points you gotta drop into DE just to get higher quality dust. You can’t refine it, and despite the description stating it should be a 1:1 based on the shard DE’d it doesn’t seem to work that way. Full 30 Green DE and even R2 shards are netting me R1 dust nearly every shatter. DEing random green tailoring shirts I get tons of R2, and even a chunk of R3. It’s nice to have steady dust, but the quality leaves a bit to be desired.

I’d love it if the end trees for Blue/Epic DE’s would have it so DEing those qualitys would net you dust similar to the gemdust Jewelcrafters get from prospecting. I have no idea why the end node for Blue/Epic nets me generic gathering materials. All those mats are are insanely easy to get, and very cheap. I’d much rather dust over those.

What you don’t see in the video after it’s cut is me standing in the middle and pulling with them to scoot in on their tags and then one of them telling me to “stop trying to grief them” when I wasn’t.

They’re active players doing this, not bots. Though I don’t doubt some of them wouldn’t be opposed to using some botting software so they don’t have to repeat the same motions for like 2+ hours.

The groups usually have one or two active players or the group is fully automated but with people monitoring a bank of monitors with the ability to swap into any character as active. There is no way the hunters are nailing that pathing without botting.