Store transmog and why It's a problem

Yes, in 2013 they added three helmets at once. Due to obvious backlash they had said something along the lines of not planning on adding anymore and they were just testing it out (I can’t find the source on this, so It’s just from remembering when I played back then and take it as you will)

But that was 7 years ago, It’s as Gary says “things change”

It’s not over ONE transmog set and pretending like it is, is incredibly naïve. It’s the fact that they added a tab and plan to add more sets in the future, like they do with mounts, pets and toys all while charging a sub AND expansion fees.

Please don’t try and argue something I’m not trying to argue.

Also, please stop calling me names. That’s considered harassment and is reportable.

2 Likes

I think it comes down to what game do you want.

Do you want a game where the devs are focused on trying condition us into a Skinner box game where you press button to get mogs with paid 17 year old influencers trying to convince everyone that to be really cool you have to press the button they linked to your bank account.

Or do you want game where the devs are focused making a fun and challenging content to keep us subbed longer.

1 Like

Anyone saying this after seeing what we’re getting in SLs is off their rocker. The SL raid sets we’re getting are so high rez and amazing looking.

Exactly, they’re willing to fire over 800 employees when they made MORE money than projected…so they’re going to double down and only keep employees that max their profits? Yuck.

And I disagree as per my OP, believing all in-game items should be obtained from playing the game in a fun manner since that’s what we pay them for.

1 Like
  1. If you don’t want any responses, why post in a forum? Tell your pillow or your mom.

2. You can earn gold in-game, by playing World of Warcraft, that will enable you to buy WoW Tokens, that can then be converted into a Blizzard store balance, that will allow you to purchase items the same way you can with cash.

3. I get where you’re coming from emotionally, but like, people have jobs, make money, and spend it, and Blizzard gets to offer things for that money. Capitalism sucks, but in the meantime, if I want to look like a fairy princess and I have the money to look like a fairy princess, I’m going to pay to look like a fairy princess.

2 Likes

We have no idea how this was designed or made. For all we know, it was one random art dev or intern who did this as a passion project, showed it to someone who could make the decision to include it, and they thought it was good enough to sell.

God, these conspiracy theories and complaints about how we’re being drained of all our money, and how this is the worst thing ever, are a joke.

1 Like

They’re back! Yay… :lying_face: Time to buckle up I guess and get ready for another wild ride.

You are back again!

I’ve been back! :stuck_out_tongue:

They literally implemented the first iteration of a loot box in an MMORPG with the trading card game rare loot cards they released in 2006.

Do you think they would have not evolved their money making cash grab if they didn’t merge?

1 Like

I’m enjoying coming here and seeing some of the posts saying the original poster and people like them should be “slapped” by some fictional hand coming from their computer screen, but then seeing in another thread them condemning toxicity in the game and how nobody should be kicked from group over a transmog.

1 Like

People need to stop making the argument that because the fairy xmog set is ugly and because they wouldn’t wear it, then it’s fine or whatever … That is SOOO not the point.

The point is, instead of doing something in game to obtain these, we have to splash $20 bucks.

That said, I do recognize they are also giving it away for free with a 6 month subscription. Which I mind less … But I still think they need to offer it in game through some form of questline or challenge … and buying it with a subscription should just be about getting it instantly, as a shortcut for paying 6 months in advance … And it shouldn’t be a limited time. And then finally, they need to NOT sell it separately in the cash shop. IMO, that is the only way things like this should go.

The point is, instead of doing something in game to obtain these, we have to splash $20 bucks.

Or you can farm 150k gold and buy it…

1 Like

For me it’s like watching a train wreck happen in slow motion. It’s awful and it’s ugly, but I just can’t look away. I have to see how it all ends.

only it’s not a joke.

bethesda has three games pushing unwanted microtransactions in eso, failout 76 and even doom eternal. lets not forget that bethesda has pushed paid mods onto the community something that is unwanted by everyone. micro$oft pushed the whole idea of microtransactions they put those onto the xbone from the start also remember this is a company that wanted to spy on ppl with kintect and do away with used games. ea as pushed them for years now. ubisoft pushes them with anti-consumer titles like ghost recon and assassins creed, that new assassins creed has tons of microtransactions in it.

blizz isn’t the first or last but they are all wanting to milk us with microtransactions and the community needs to say no more too it. i myself was so proud of cdpr coming out and saying that cyberpunk 2077 will have no microtransactions in it. just more proof of them being one of the few good guys in vidya.

The paid mods thing is somewhat amusing, mainly because everything the players themselves make is 1000% times better than anything they can dream up. It’s sheer desperation on their part.

You’re right. Though it is ugly, it isn’t fine because it’s ugly. It’s fine because anything and everything in the battle.net app store is purchasable with in game gold.

2 Likes

Yes. And the OP will lie to you about a story they made up about it.

Yes, this lie that doesn’t exist. With no source, they like to say this happened only to prove some point.

I don’t understand how her behavior has not gotten her banned.

She insults and bullies and advocates harassment while saying everyone who disagrees is harassing her.

In her words… YIKES.

2 Likes

Buying something off a cash shop is not “in game”, regardless of the currency you use. The point I’m trying to make is, a player’s character should never have to interact with the cash shop and rewards should always come from within the game itself.

1 Like

blizz isn’t the first or last but they are all wanting to milk us with microtransactions and the community needs to say no more too it.

Its cosmetic only, you dont HAVE to buy it.