Store transmog and why It's a problem

Basically, you took all Asmondgold’s arguments and wrote it on this post.

4 Likes

Personal tastes are beside the point. The mog looks “good” in the sense of how much effort was put into it. I’d rather be dead than caught wearing it, but I’m not going to deny that they put considerable effort into it.

We’ve seen this before. they make unique items and relatively cool items for the shop because they want people to spend money on it.

You’re completely missing the point. Even if they looked exactly the same as in-game armor, we shouldn’t be getting charged $20 for them.

We pay a monthly sub fee and for expansions, we’re paying for them to make us fun engaging content. When they fail to do that, we don’t pay or play the game…re-cooping loses on their poor work by charging us for stuff that should be in-game is bad and allows them to completely negate any poor job they’ve done making the game fun as well as takes away from what should be in the game and charging us for it.

1 Like

This is getting way to complicated, just slap me and be done with it. :slight_smile:

Stromgarde Alliance Plate > this cash shop mog.

There, I said it.

Read closer, friend.

I play this game because it’s fun, just like you do. I enjoy questing and doing content. You know what else I enjoy? Transmog. I like cute things, and I’ve always loved faerie dragons. This transmog is cute and unique and has small details- like the color-changing wings- that I like.
So I bought it. And now I’m having more fun because my 2-d character is wearing an outfit I enjoy. I was having fun before and now I’m having more of it.
Your idea of ‘fun’ is different than mine. Do not subject me to how -you- want to play this game, thanks. :joy:

2 Likes

I could see the complaints if this was turning the game into something like Genshin Impact or some other gacha game - but it just isn’t.

It’s a one-time guaranteed get it for $20 or for free as an incentive, that’s it.

1 Like

Find me another game that charges for subs, yearly expansions, server transfers, name changes, faction swaps, and has a cash shop…and is as popular as WoW.

Wouldn’t know, don’t watch him. But if he has similar argreements then more power to him.

And not many people would disagree with you, but you’re completely failing to understand the implications of it all… :unamused:

So once again, you prefer to spend $20 than earning items in-game and having fun earning those items…why are you even playing, then? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

2 Likes

FF14.

Next question.

1 Like

It’s still making the game objectively worse, though. We’re getting charged for stuff we’re already paying them to make for us…

1 Like

There is no objective evidence to prove this.

I never said that I wasn’t earning items in-game. And I’m playing the game because I enjoy it. Something I reiterated several times, I believe.

So you don’t think the extra work and details added by the artists warrents an extra price tag?

Got mine for free shrug

Ive played a couple games where I had to buy tokens (tolkeins) to proceed with a quest line. :frowning:

Edit: I didnt proceed with the story. :frowning:

Seems like a lot of guessing in this post.

A new expansion is coming, its entirely possible they will design gear similar to the transmog set for in game gear.

My liver can’t keep up.

2 Likes

I know what they should put in the shop!
A spare liver.

4 Likes

I’m too busy looking FABULOUS to care

Do you really think that weird fairy costume is better the other game sets?
Just go to wowhead or mmo champion to see shadowlands new sets, they are magnificent, specially the maw ones.

1 Like