Store transmog and why It's a problem

You’re literally contradicting yourself in the same sentence yet again… “It’s free! If you get locked into a 6 month sub!” you’re completely delusional, I get it.

Oh I know, you disproved it yourself in the same sentence. :joy: :joy: :joy:

I mean, you already said insulted me and said bye…continuously replying just further proves how delusional and childish you are. Entertaining, really.

Nice completely irrelevant comeback…I’m making the post because I’m upset with their business practice. Trying to make it about me though? Well, nothing less than I’d expect from someone who thinks paying $80 for an item makes it free. :joy: :joy: :joy:

The second time you’ve said something like this. Let’s see how big of a lie that is… :rofl: :joy: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Darkmoon faire? You’re saying that doesn’t look like an armor set we could get from doing fun quests at darkmoonfaire?

Weird, It’s literally one of the biggest motivators for people to play the game. But okay.

4 Likes

You got me there, but how long until they add things that aren’t cosmetics to the game?

How long until they stop developing cool things entirely for the game and put every cool piece of gear in the shop?

2 Likes

No, it’s objectively false. The proof is in my transmog, that is is obtainable only in-game.

LOL

1 Like

I don’t know, the ardenweald groot set is kind of a letdown.

Transmog is the true endgame.

2 Likes

Seems like a slippery slope. No dev with a functioning brain and passion for their game is going to put everything on shop. Nor is every little thing in Shadowlands going to be ruined because of one transmog set being put up for $20 or Blizz-Bux.

No need for this cosmetic-based outrage. If they ever do step out of the range of ‘cosmetics only’ shop, then I’ll happily protest it- but as far as I’m concerned, not buying the set isn’t keeping you from PvPing or enjoying PvE and the places inbetween.

1 Like

Did you know the hood has ear holes for elves?

Why can’t they put that much effort into tier sets…

No, but it’s making the game objectively worse. If you’re playing the game, It’s because It’s fun to you for whatever reason. There’s nothing fun about spending $20. Getting items in game = fun, spending $20 = not fun

Because that’s something paying $15 a month and expansion costs doesn’t cover. If you want that, you have to pay them more. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Which is why… you don’t have to buy it. Again. Doesn’t impact gameplay. Why do you impose your ideas of fun on me? I had fun spending my $20 because it’s a cute transmog and now I can enjoy leveling alts wearing that cute transmog- like right now.
I’m having fun, so it’s fine to me. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Personally, I’m all over more cash shop transmogs.

It’s a proven concept in other games where primary gear for expansions is still part of the base game, but side-story or otherwise gimmicky (like the one everyone’s currently melting down over) sets can be made available that cost a small amount and offer some fun. Examples in FF14 are the butler and maid outfits, NPC look alike outfits, etc.

i think the worst part imho is why they spending time on a damn store xmog set for money when they should be working on fixing SL?

store xmog isn’t a top priority atm so my guess is even if it was quick to make that they are losing subs yet sweeping it under the rug and using the xmog to regain cash they lost. it’s a business thats what they do.

Have you seen the transmog though? nobody spent much time on that.

are you replying to me? because if so read my post i already stated the obvious and it’s still time wasted. as the goblins say " TIME IS MONEY!"

Yes. The transmog looks like a grand total of one day worth of labor by one or two people was spent on it, max. The ROI on it seems worthy, though. From their perspective.

It’s also likely something that was in the works for a while now or already completed prior to the SL shenanigans.

Someone add one for the SLAP IN THE FACE counter.

What if, I stick my hands up before the slap lands and block it?

1 Like

So you’re saying these pajamas look better than all of those Covenant and Nathria armor sets?

If you have fun spending money vs. actually playing the game, then why not just go play a game where you can spend money on all the aesthetics of it? Why play WoW at all if you’re not having fun leveling, questing, etc?

Spending $20 is literally more fun than playing the game? Then why are you even playing? :joy:

Why not just add them via in-game quests, drops, or other fun rewarding ways to earn them in-game though? What’s fun about spending money vs. playing the game? That makes no sense at all. This set could have been a fun cool quest in darkmoon faire on top of adding more story / unique fun to one that seems to be lacking.

I mean, to be fair I’m sure they had separate timelines. The set likely didn’t have impact on why SL didn’t get finished.

Considering it doesn’t look like anything else in the game and has plenty of 3D effects? You’re 100% wrong.

Always adding, always taking shots.

The hand zips to the side around your hand and slaps you anyway.

1 Like

Dude, this game is on the very bottom of exploitation when it comes to games that exploit users on MTX.

A few cash shop transmogs and mounts still doesn’t even come close to most other games. Even the ones with subs.

2 Likes