Stop Waiting For Action and Be Action (aka the Cavalry Is Not Coming)

come to mankrik server, alliance side. your wife will love it

1 Like

This deserve the comment of the year award :+1:t2:

1 Like

I am biased (as we all likely are) but if you’re looking for a small tight knit community guild, Legacy on Grobbulus Alliance is a fun time and low key vibe. No one else on the server besides us, so if you’re looking for numbers Whitemane and Mankirk are good too.

We are currently on AQ40 progression, and clear MC and BWL (plus the 20 mans and many dungeons and world bosses) weekly.

Hey fellow Relax leveler. Basically the main options are:

Mankrik Cluster: PvE server cluster
Whitemane Cluster: PvP server cluster
Grobbulus - RP-PvP server (non-clustered)

Mankrik and Whitemane Clusters are defintely the two "largest’ clusters to be a part of varying between 300-500 peaks on alliance side solely.

Grobbulus is obviously going to be a much smaller population but has always been known for its community and “Classic Spirit” with only 1 raiding guild (to my knowledge) being “Legacy” as Jarl as linked above.

When it comes to the PvP side of things, World PvP is sparse due to the lower population, but you will still see small skirmishes here and there daily on Whitemane cluster. Luckily, BGs cross server between all era realms with WSG being run the majority of the time with decent queues nowadays 5-10 minutes on weekends, 10-20 minutes on weekdays. AV is only usually coordinated around on AV weekends.

If you are more interested on specific numbers of players on each, I would entirely ignore the census data as it really doesn’t offer any real details that matter. You will have no idea how many “unique players” it is representing versus the wide spread of alts.

I would suggest logging on during YOUR peak times of play and doing a /who of each level bracket (keep in mind that if it shows 50 you may need to narrow your bracket search to get an actual number). This will give you an accurate representation of the amount of players that will be on while you are playing, which is really all that matters.

Many of these census posts want to show there are 6k players which can be very misleading or confusing to returning or new players logging on to see a MUCH smaller population running around.

Al that said, even with the lower populations, all servers are fully viable to play on, you just need to make sure the server peaks and the guild raid/pvp schedules line up with yours. You can be on a server of 10k people, but if no guilds or players raid during your playtimes, it will be worse than a 200 pop server that does.

1 Like

Any thoughts on how to lower the barrier to entry for PvP on era since there is no fresh and most people regularly pvping are Rank 10-14 or in later phase PvE gear? With the focus being on WSG, I feel like it’s hard for fresh 60s to join in on the fun…

Unless they decide to go back to wear p1-2 gear then there is no fix

Yeah no way to fix this. That is the problem with fully progressed servers. Basically you suffer until you are geared.

1 Like

Any thoughts on shifting the pvp focus on era from WSG to AV or even AB so newcomers can play and not negatively impact the rest of the team as much with their greens? :slight_smile:

People are always receptive to getting AB and/or AV going; but habits are hard to break and we have come to expect WSG availability.

My recommendation for PVP play on Era, find 2 or 3 like minded souls and conspire to load the pool and build honor totals as a small team. At least on PVE Era, ranking up takes very little weekly honor, and you can top the charts running Silithus dust. Pool size is the bigger problem, but playing the game within the game and getting a bunch of lvl 1s into the pool is an interesting challenge. At least getting yourself a full blue set is in fairly quick reach.

2 Likes

Proof please.

My warlock on era is using all MC and below gear and I smoke t3 ppl. Full greens would be tough, but once you get a bit of gear you can do fine. I’d love ppl to boycott wsg and only queue AB once and awhile tho lol

2 Likes

Do you know who Aggrend is and/or are in the Jom disc rn

1 Like

No, my life is not as consumed by this game as yours is where I need to join their stupid discord lol.

Or we could go to private servers where they do wow 10000x better than anything we have been given so far on official servs.

Wait so Mankrik is good for alliance cluster? Did I pick the wrong server for horde raiding on era? I did start on Mankrik and it seems like there’s only one horde guild raiding weekly, although they seem nice and friendly and have others join them. Just curious if there’s more horde raiding options with bigger community? AH is just ok on Mankrik on horde side from what I’ve seen. Also, I’m def part of the group that is just “playing around” on classic era recently, trying new things, might be able to get at least one to lvl 60 and see if I can do ZG/AQ since I’ve never been to those raids before. Hoping for SoM 2 soon though, as having more people to group with while leveling up and very active AH, guild options, lively zones, etc. makes the world feel so much better. It’s already the biggest zone to level up in classic, so having small population can make you feel lonely lol.

It’s not that.
He mentioned the discord because Aggrend popped in there and listened to feedback and discussed issues with players. It was valuable to have access to a dev like that.

Discussing among other things the future of seasonal servers going forward.
Lazarak was simply illustrating how he knows a new, fresh seasonal server is coming.

1 Like

Is there some summary of this supposed conversation?

Okay then. Stay completely uninformed. Was just a question.

It makes no difference to me.

1 Like

lmao he literally was about to explain to you how he knows and you lash out

2 Likes

I am not personally in that discord but maybe someone else can point you in the correct direction. It’s not like it is a big secret or lie as Aggrend mentioned it himself here in the forum that he spoke with players and people in SoM talked about his presence in discord quite a bit in the forum when SoM was active.