Stop rewarding the 1%

You were literally framing it as if I was the only one that said these things. I’m telling you that I’m not. However if there are a lot of people being vocal about a game, then yes, it indicates that something needs to change. That is generally how feedback works.

I don’t know. I would think that if people are vocal about one thing and that correlates with people leaving, I think that means it’s the issue.

Three known trolls taking your side isn’t as valuable as you think it is.

Not true.

People take breaks from the game for multiple reasons. There is zero evidence to support that it’s because gear progression is linear.

2 Likes

Rewarding the 1% is the only way to make money, why would WoW be any different?

You are parroting what I’ve largely seen relegated to the forums. This isn’t exactly a place known for credibility. I’m sorry if you feel personally singled out, but I contest that given WCL and achievement numbers in the game;

There is a far greater percentage of players playing the game past catch up mechanics than there are not.

Put another way-the overwhelming majority of players are engaging in the game as designed 18 years ago. The good news (especially for someone like me) is that the game no longer requires raiding for meaningful character progression.

I fill for buddies here and there but I will never be in a serious raid team (because I’m not good enough) and that’s fine because M+ exists. It is literally the casual endgame and it’s excellent in terms of gear rewards for casuals. It just so happens that I routinely hit KSM on multiple Alts when I go for it, so I’m good enough for that content.

This is pure conjecture. You don’t know why people take breaks in a seasonal, cyclical MMO. You’re just guessing that your particular issue (and the few people you’ve watched on YouTube tell you what to think) is why people come and go.

In a seasonal, cyclical MMO that progression is tied to in patch content.

I think….people reach the end of a patch, then they take a break. Then they come back. Then they take a break.

Did you miss the part where I also pointed out that high profile streamers/youtubers and high-end players have voiced similar concerns?

I highly doubt this.

xoxo

mostly x’s

I know you do, and this information is easily found through a couple google searches, raiderio, and WCL.

What do you think this means? There are high profile high end people IRL who probably say things en masse that you disagree with. Just because they say it doesn’t make it so.

Also.

There is literally

no one except forum dwellers advocating for gear progression for players who glom on to catch up mechanics and go no further to the point of having competitive gear rewards.

There’s a reason Blizzard doesn’t do it.

They’ve tried it, and it flopped. People resent being forced to be online all hours of the day farming meaningless, boring chores to keep their characters optimized outside of raid/M+/Rated pvp.

Titan forging is an excellent example of a terrible system that got scrapped pretty quickly because people didn’t want to be forced into played time metrics.

What streamer has stated the same concerns you have?

He doesn’t know how those websites work so you have to actually send him links.

Ok this is where you lost all credibility. BotW was just an ok game, by itself. It was also a terrible Zelda game.

Asmongold, Preach, Bellular, and Jesse Cox have all talked about Blizzard catering to high-end players in varying degrees. There are also content creators like Zepla who were previous WoW players that have talked about the issues they have with Blizzard’s design philosophy in various videos and streams. You might not agree with them. But the negative sentiments around Blizzard’s design decisions and what they choose to focus on are more widespread than you think.

2 Likes

You are watching videos and interpreting them to mean what you want them to mean.

Not a single one of those is advocating for competitive end game gear for people who do not engage in endgame content.

Lol, did I say they were? I said they’ve talked about Blizzard catering to high-end players. Please read before you comment, dude.

1 Like

I did. You’re conflating issues and presenting intellectual dishonesty.

Trash

Source please.

Trash

No idea who this is.

Having an issue with designs doesn’t mean they think solo players should have BiS from solo content.

1 Like

Did I say they did? Sorry that reading seems so hard for you.

Also not sure how your opinion on those people factors into anything at all. It’s already clear that you think everyone who has a different opinion then you is trash.

1 Like

is the issue here that people have no idea what “catering to” means??

Because so far ITT, I’ve seen “catering to raiders” used to describe:

Locking Covenant power
Torghast
Conduits and Soulbinds not being easily changeable
Why professions were basically removed

and it just doesn’t make any sense lol. Mostly what they’ve been talking about as of late is that Blizzard has been making a lot of decisions to combat high end raiders and how quickly they acquire gear/will grind power gains/etc. That’s the literal opposite of “catering to.” To cater to someone is to try to satisfy their needs or demands, or provide a service to them that is beneficial to them. What Blizzard has been doing is the opposite of that, and that has a trickle down effect of negatively impacting players who just wanna play for fun.

Throttling power for the higher end players means throttling them for the lower end. But throttling them for higher end players is not “catering to them.” It’s combating them.

Making domination shards totally RNG was an effort to slow them down. It sucked for everyone.
Locking Covenants was an effort to stop them from min/maxing. It sucked for everyone.
Conduits originally having charges to swap between them was also an effort to stop min/maxing. It sucked for everyone.

list goes on and on and on.

That’s not “catering” to high end players/raiders.

1 Like

Not sure why you’re so obsessed with the locked covenant thing, when what we were talking about were borrowed power systems overall.

This is literally what I pointed out in one of my previous posts:

They are attempting to cater to high-end players and are not succeeding at it.

You clearly imply it when you use them as an example.

Nope just another poor assumption.

If you think Asmongold and Bellular are credible examples of people giving honest feedback then you really are out of touch. Both of them make shock videos for reactions.

Preach is the one credible person you listed and I am still waiting for the source.

Did I say they were credible? You literally asked for streamers that have been expressing some of the same concerns we have. And I gave you a list.

No, I’m not. You’re just reaching.

I’m not digging through Youtube and Twitch for you. Look up his channels and watch the videos yourself.

1 Like

…no, they are not attempting to cater to them. They are attempting to throttle/curve how quickly they progress. That is, by definition, the literal opposite of what you are saying.

Like, they have literally admitted that they’ve done most of these things to combat what high end raiders do. I don’t know how much more obvious it could be made that you are wrong when you say they’re being catered to lol

You are not the only person that has referenced it and I’m not “obsessed” with it, it’s just one of the most recent borrowed power systems and it was specifically designed in its initial implementation to be the opposite of what raiders wanted it to be so of course it’s going to be brought up.