Stop rewarding the 1%

By three trolls that cant make a valid point and are clearly mad? yeah super credible lol.

Two things.

One, it would be broken because the incentive for players to run challenging content or for developers to provide challenging content goes out the window. People will always take the path of least resistance to get to their goals. You can observe this in real life and this translates to players in any game as well. If there are no “badges of honor,” so to speak for running this content, no one will do it.

Making things harder for yourself just for sake of it is not a realistic expectation for anyone, at any time and any place. The rewards must suit the effort put into them.

And two, as for the “why’s” of things, it’s been evident that you don’t really care for the why’s if they don’t line up to why you feel about X thing. You either argue in bad faith consistently, don’t understand basic logic, or your brain is literally made out of peanut butter. You aren’t conducive to a conversation on this topic, unfortunatley.

1 Like

“Should”? No. “Is assumed to by the designers who keep putting that sort of mechanic into the game”? Yep. they make a lot of assumptions. The idea that treating players badly, removing their content, nerfing their rewards, and giving all the good stuff to their precious favorites will be inspirational to players who have been made to feel bad that they spent time playing the game is unproven.

It looks like more than half of players left the game in Shadowlands because they didn’t like the way the game was treating them. If your claim was true, that shouldn’t have been the case.

The quote I literally gave you says three nights a week.

Okay, let me go ahead and break this down for you in a succinct timeline since you can’t seem to keep up with your own logic.

You said:

And I said:

To which you said:

And then I asked for proof of this knowledge you so claim to be common:

And you explicitly state, and this is the important part so I’ll go ahead and bold it for you:

So, at this point, you have stated that this is your evidence. Okay

I go to these channels:

And then the backpedaling starts:

But I play along anyways:

And then you state in contradiction with your own original statement:

You see, at no point prior to me checking out these channels did you ever think to emphasize this little detail. I’m assuming because you didn’t actually think I’d go and check.

So I call you out on it:

I even highlight the area that you so clearly state that your evidence is guilds stating that they are casual.

And then…

Silence.

I don’t get anything after that. I get promptly ignored and then you come back later claiming to have addressed my issue with your argument. You never did.

So if you think I’m having difficulties understanding your argument, it’s because your argument doesn’t make any sense. It’s inconsistent with your original claims and doesn’t really provide evidence that proves that the raiding community agrees with the notion that 2 night raiding guilds are casual. Your only other evidence is to then… assume, which is a pretty weak argument to make.

Except I literally just proved to you that you said they did.

You never said usually. You explicitly state WILL, which leads me to assume that, upon going to these channels, I would find proof that agrees with your claims. Except I didn’t. I found conflicting information. In fact, what I did find were plenty of guilds with 2-night raiding activities with a lot of verbiage that strongly implied that they were not casual, but in fact hardcore. Do you know what this means?

It means the raiding community doesn’t agree with you. Your definition is nothing other than your definition, that I’m sure some people may share with you. but the majority?

Nah.

So if you’re going to troll, the least you could do is not make it so easy to make you look like a fool.

1 Like

Some people prefer a slow, relaxing grind. Months of their time, rather than a challenge for a quick reward–whether that challenge is mage tower, arena, or something else.

Imo, both of those directions are the backbone of WoW. As things have sped up and the game has added more challenging content throughout the years, the reward for the slow grind faded away. But it deserves love too!

Without comparing to what is received from rated pvp/mythic/etc, the slow grind deserves some nice, unique rewards…to grind for.

Guess you missed where they said used too.

They raid two nights a week.

Not sorry but driving home from work, dinner with the family and getting my daughter ready for bed take priority over responding to trolls.

At this point the longer you keep fighting the more embarrassing it gets for you.

It’s been embarrassing for you since you followed me into this thread.

Your opinion still means zero

As long as you keep insisting that raiding is casual then you’re not much better off.

Just another troll.

while the 2 of you battle to the death, i am but a goat in the field watching from a safe distance

Not much of a battle.

His unreasonable stance has buried him and all he can do is childishly mark everyone as trolls.

Why would an AOTC/CE player deliberately take the path that takes notoriously longer to do if they could get the gear faster by just raiding? The most obvious implementation to this reward scheme would be that casual players get their gear substantially slower but can still get that gear while the raiders get it faster.

In FFXIV, you can get the next to best gear in the game by literally just running the lowest difficulty level of dungeons. That doesn’t stop players from doing the content that rewards similar gear.

And also people who play AOTC/CE do not play for the gear. They do it because they like the challenge. If they did it for the gear, they wouldn’t do it at all because drop rates are abysmal to such a degree that some people never get the drops they need.

So come up with different “badges of honor” then?

Nobody has still yet to give me a solid reason that hasn’t been irrefutable as to why this is a bad system so I guess none of us are conducive.

As you continue to think it’s not just show show disconnected from the game you are.

Others have already debunked you on this.

Do yourself a favor and back down already. Accept the L.

Yet here you do the same thing.

As usual you’re a hypocrite and not even an original one.

No one credible has debunked anything. A bunch of solo players crying about raiding not being casual doesn’t mean it’s not casual considering multiple other raiders have agreed it can be casual.

Because this game rewards ilvl based on difficulty.

It doesn’t award gear based on time.

People doing trivial content should never get the same rewards as the hardest content in the game period.

Does it change anything about the fact that they raided three nights a week and considered themselves casual? People are allowed to change their opinions on something, but that lends even further credence to my argument that “casual” is entirely subjective and is a very loose term that can be applied to most things.

I don’t care about your personal life, man. I didn’t ask. It changes nothing about the fact that I have called you out on your inconsistencies and your clear attempts to rewrite your arguments whenever people challenge your opinions. Tuck your head between your legs and go do whatever you need to do, or stick around. It’s been amusing watching you attempt to salvage what arguments (or lack thereof) you have left.

Snozh: “I don’t have time to respond to trolls because I have real life obligations”

Also Snozh: proceeds to flame someone not even 15 minutes later

Seems like you have plenty of time. I guess you just don’t have an argument to stand on when your illogical fallacies are presented in front of you.

This doesn’t answer my question. How does it break the game?

Way to take it out of context again. Notice she clearly stated in comparison to Timbaes guild.

Do you guys even read the points before you go full Karen?

I don’t care if you care. Just pointing out the reason why I wasn’t responding to repeat the same rebuttal you can’t comprehend for the 20th time.

Yes because my daughter is asleep now so now I do have time.

Not half as smart as you think you are.