Stop rewarding the 1%

The gladiator mounts should be obtainable through PvP rating/trade-in. Always. Even if it’s a long grind.

I’d never spend that much time just for one mount. The only mount I actually worked for was the obsidian worldbreaker that you got for completing the 15th anniversary event. But you got that just by finishing the questline. If that had been one of those 1 percent drop mounts I would certainly not have bothered rerunning that multiple times.

2 Likes

I played back then (on YOUR SERVER, no less) and I can assure you that whatever you think you remembered from TBC, Wrath, and especially Cata is through rose-tinted goggles. There were literally just dailies. You had stuff like the Argent Tournament and Molten Front, but they were just dailies. Everything else was leveling stuff.

“Or you could just, not?” is such a bad take. If someone wants a mount, there should be a reasonable challenge and time consumed to get that mount. But it shouldn’t be NEAR IMPOSSIBLE.

2 Likes

You missed a great deal of the game then.

1 Like

Can’t tell you how many new players over the years asked where I got my original mage tower bear skins. I had to sadly tell them it’s no longer available because of a popular yet lame business tactic of fomo.

1 Like

How about… instead of not rewarding the 1%, Blizz makes another path for the OTHER 99%? Like via dungeons, crafting, world quests, specialty currency vendors etc.

You don’t need to stop doing things for one group of people, you just need to include ALL groups of people.

With all the people that have left you would think they would take a different approach.

Weird take and not true

1 Like

:frowning:

This actually brings me back. I had two friends playing WoW with me and I’m fairly certain they quit because of this exact kind of limitation. When I had to explain in length, and detail, about how difficult it is to get certain things, or outright impossible… yes, they lost interest.

New players DO care.

1 Like

i’m sure it happens, someone just asked me where i got my pandaria cloak the other day…i told them it was from the MOP expansion, and they said it looks awesome and thanks!

I get whispers about challenge mode armor all the time - no indication of entitlement in my experience. just a “you look awesome” or “nice gear” so yeah, i still don’t think it’s a big issue with that community…like i said, you and i can’t speak for them.

also this topic is about rewarding “top 1%” so it’s not FOMO - it’s skill based for most of the unobtainable things. if you aren’t good enough - there’s always paragon mounts or the WoW store :money_mouth_face:

lol “Casuals” love to claim they’re 99%.

is this what you people tell yourself to make yourself feel better?

A good friend of mine logs in maybe twice a week, hits glad almost every season. It’s not a time thing.

this is 2100.

You’re confusing glad with Rank1

I mean, if you can’t hit 1800 by the end of a season, I don’t know what to tell you.

They’ve made all the rated PvP stuff substantially easier to get than it used to be, ESPECIALLY the glad mounts.

4 Likes

Just play a paladin if you want to get 1800.

So…go PVP. You’re far more likely to get what you want that way instead of complaining on the forums.

1 Like

Believe it or not… some people do not like the PvP aspect of WoW.

1 Like

No, they have not. The developers can’t even make the new regular faction mounts available for the mass. That’s the state of the game.

2 Likes

Funny how everyone who is absolutely awful at this game want rewards that were put in place for people who aren’t awful at the game.

Go and do this for me if your brain is actually that small: Go apply for a job, and tell them you want pay equal to whoever is getting paid the most there.

Also funny is how people have ALREADY gone from “We just want the rewards to come back that aren’t in the game anymore, but they should still be hard to get.” To “The rewards that are hard to get are too hard to get for us, we want them to be easier to make ourselves feel better about being absolute garbage at the game that some people take pride in”

You people are actually pathetic, and I TRULY pity your entire bloodline. Past, present, and future.

6 Likes

And you’re good at WoW?

1 Like

I agree 100000% with the OP, who says that only glads deserve to be rewarded with awesome special gear and mounts all cause they did something i cant or wont try!!! I deserve to get the exact same rewards for things i like doing such as picking flowers or helping people complete normal dunegons or fishing or farming very very old mog !!! Its not fair blizzard we the 99% will all leave if you keep catering to those 1% elitist monsters!!!

Uhhh, yeah… astronomically better than you are lol.

3 Likes