Stop rewarding the 1%

Uh, no? Of course I know there’s people who spent way more time getting gladiator mounts, or any mounts than me.

It’s like you fundamentally do not understand the advantage you have and you’d rather just stick to old mindset. Man, I wonder why new players hate this community!!

1 Like

now? it’s way easier…they give mounts out for like world quest type of content nowadays.

This is an MMO - so long term progression of your character is expected…yes over the course of years sometimes…i think new players probably understand that.

Ofc getting that many mounts should take a long time, like duh :nerd_face: that’s not an issue or problem with the system at all.

2 Likes

It is, and always has been, the carrot on a stick to give you incentive to participate in the activities that give the rewards. It really is that simple.

No, this isn’t, never has been, and will likely never be a solo focused game. Even at a young level you get quests that have a little phrase that proves that, “recommend 5 players”.

You want the rewards? Go do the thing required and get them. The only thing standing in your way, is you.

1 Like

Every single mount I have was acquired entirely passively, by sheer luck of drop, an achievement pop, or buying it from a vendor if I like the mount. I’ve never done anything in order to “get mounts.”

Or you could just, not?

1 Like

They really do not think this way, at least the new players I’ve tried to get to join WoW.

I know this game isn’t for everybody, but a lot of people do their darnest to make sure nobody wants to join.

1 Like

Huh?

The community complained endlessly about Cata 5-mans, and you HAD to raid to do anything meaningful in TBC or Wrath.

1 Like

I have no idea why they do this really. It benefits such a small amount of players. The PvP sin eater mount is a good example of a mount that everyone should have access to

new players are not fixated on collections…i’m sorry but i don’t buy that. they are trying to figure out the million other things with this almost 20 year old game. :100:

i also don’t think a new player joins an MMO and quits when they’re presented with challenges or the thought that they aren’t entitled to every accomplishment or achievement of the past either. they are quitting for gameplay or other issues.

i’m not even at the 500 mount mark, and i’ve played this character for a long time…i think a new player is gonna be okay.

4 Likes

The default response to “let us earn the rewards” is “you just want to login and loot your mailbox”. Because it’s easier to try to distract people than actually argue the merits I guess.

Lol. Plenty of new players are fixated on achieving a certain look (mogs) or mount. It’s one of the beauties of World of Warcraft.

I know for a fact when I first got into this game it was one of the drawing factors.

ok, transmog and owning every single unobtainable item in the game are two completely different things, can we agree? New players might enjoy one, and the other is not even on their radar.

the entire new player argument has no substance to it. it’s existing players & veterans trying to speak for a group of people that are busy playing the game and figuring things out themselves imo.

OP is REALLY jealous. He could become a great Sith.

4 Likes

Can’t you get the full Mythic tierset by getting gear from +15s and converting them with the conflux system or something like that?

When I first joined WoW I really, really wanted Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent. I soon realized that people think it’s okay for it to be this (effectively) unobtainable.

Oh I guess I wasn’t there. So I don’t deserve it even if I have put in plenty of effort to get this mount. It’s easily one of my favorite looks.

Mind you, I wanted it before I knew how ridiculously hard it was to get. I saw the other Cloud Serpents and they’re all pretty neat, but this is the best looking one, imo. Even if you take rarity out of the equation.

I would argue it’s the expedition yak, it’s the only one I make use of every time I log on, to any character.

And all you need is gold to get it.

This is REALLY good b8

You misunderstood or missed the point of what I was saying. I barely did any raiding in Wrath/BC and never ran out of things to do. The story content in Cata had tons of depth and variety.

The reward structure in WoW is one of the primary reasons the game has endured this long. The Gladiator mounts are awesome, and I can sympathize with your POV to some extent. Would you rather they put them on the cash shop? Because that’s what would happen in other games.

You had dailies in TBC, you had dailies in Wrath, you had more dailies in mid-late Wrath, you had dailies in Cata, you had even more dailies in 4.2 when Molten Front came out, and you had… nothing in 4.3 because that patch sucked and just gave you three dungeons and that’s it.

The game literally has the same content it had back then, with a fresh coat of paint. I dunno how you could realistically say you had more to do back then.

There was far more story content than lately.

1 Like