Stop rewarding the 1%

Bertis, if you plan on engaging with him about this all you have to do is scroll up and borrow some quotes from me. I’ve already completely dismantled his argument and when he was backed into the corner he simply said “Nah this is more fun.” meaning arguing the point was more fun than accepting he was wrong. 5head move. Save yourself the effort. :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

If everything is special, nothing is special.

1 Like

Okay then. I’m not sure how many heroic bosses in total you guys cleared. But hypothetically, if each of the bosses aside from Jailer require at least two days of prog, then that means someone would be spending at least 20 days progging all 10 bosses. That’s not an insignificant amount of time for most people.

You could argue that it’s much faster and easier now since we’re at the end of SL. Which is true. But how much time it’s going to take can still vary for people depending on their guild or what kind of pug groups they end up in. It could easily be a relatively small time investment or a large one. So, it just feels shortsighted to me to say that heroic is super casual and easy. When it really isn’t initially.

I’m over it, now. This guy has clearly let his ego go to his head. He’s probably never been told he’s wrong a day in his life.

Or maybe he has, and so he has to go to the WoW forums as an outlet for self-validation. Who really knows?

One thing I can say for certain is that he seemingly dropped the whole “casual = two night raiding guilds” the moment I told him that I was literally just following his logic, so perhaps he’s not as smart as he thinks he is and has to bail the moment he’s backed into a corner.

3 Likes

More to the point, “special” only matters to the people who place value in those things. People see having a really fast car as special, but what I see is a lot of money being wasted on gas. People see having a big house as special, but what I see is a bunch of superfluous space that’s likely going unused. Some people see having these achievements as special, and some of us don’t. It’s just a matter of perspective, but nobody is wrong for thinking their thing is special. What OP wants is for the things he thinks are special should just be handed to him without putting in the work. What a philosophy.

You do understand that the reason why most of us are still here is because of Snozh’s inability to not denigrate and belittle other players?

Maybe we shouldn’t stoop to his level. I say it’s better to shut down the troll when possible so he knows his place.

Not rewarding, but tuning and optimizing for them. (ie split runs, loot tuning etc)

It’s because it has “viewership” and for some reason the person who makes that decision doesn’t play the game and only understands trends and marketing. Ongoing issue when the game went from family/friends/community to ESPORTS and carrot on a stick.

For me, playing since BETA for original wow, that’s why the original players left and now playing some zombie “classic” version IF they are still playing. Again, for me, quitting 2 weeks into this expansion and coming back just 4 weeks ago you avoid all the busy work and annoying slog they’ve made it to be. I don’t care what other guilds are doing rather my own content with friends or a competitive guild keeps an interest.

Again, the people at the helm don’t play the game and rely clearly on a team who cares more about long contrived features that ebb and flow reselling and reintroducing same old borrowed power.

The only hope for the game is looking at the new talent tree (which I haven’t fully better to see if it is same old same old with a pyramid layout) Looks like you have to just buckle up and wait to see if Blizzard has yet again learned the same lesson, divorces from borrowed powers and realizes this isn’t the China/Korean gamer.

Ah, but we know he knows this and yet continues to put on the facade that he doesn’t and that his word is gospel, despite everyone else disagreeing with him. Why do you think I’ve not addressed him since I called him out on being a troll? He keeps trying too, by commenting about my “emotions” instead of challenging any of my refuting statements. He has to resort to this because he can’t win on logic and, despite whatever his actual age is, now has to resort to the childish “lol u mad bro?” responses. Trolls are children and this kid fits right in.

We cleared everything but jailer early tier.

The only bosses that weren’t first night kills were Halondrus Anduin rygelon and the twins.

All the bosses didn’t take two days of prog. It’s also not 20 days straight.

The argument has nothing to do with how long it takes. If it takes a guild an entire tier to get aotc by raiding two nights a week they are still a casual raiding guild.

The first definition is too subjective to actually be applied.

The only one that matters is the second one.

Your points have already been dismantled. I’m not feeding your trolling anymore why repeating the same rebuttal for the 20th time because you and rudly continue to not deal with reality. You clearly didn’t read early in the thread where multiple people agreed with me. The only issue is the obvious trolls that are you Rudly and Bloody can’t handle the truth.

Even Rudly was corrected early on by so many people he had to amend his first statement :man_shrugging:t3:

3 people repeating the same thing doesn’t magically make you correct. If you all said 2+2= 20 that doesn’t make you magically correct.

Which is why every time you thrown an insult and try to appear smart I just say in sorry for hurting your feelings.

Fine then, let players who don’t do group content yet are doing solo/world content 4+ days for 4+ hours a week get gear that is equal in ilvl to all but the final boss/s of the raid over the course of the whole patch.

Most of what people want could be akin to:
time alone=slowest acquisition rate
content alone (I.E. raids/M+ done on a more casual basis)=medium rate
content+time=fastest rate

as long as only time matters, that should be the metric for reward, but most want both time and effort/content to be rewarded, so if one wants both to be rewarded, should not both definitions of casual be applied?

1 Like

No. If they want a solo progression path it will have the exact same difficulty meaning that most won’t be able to obtain it.

That’s not how this game is designed. Ilvl is rewarded based on difficulty not time spent.

No. Time isn’t a measure of ilvl reward. Difficulty of content is.

1 Like

And by so many people you mean 3.

At least I have the humility to admit I was wrong, but even then it wasn’t an error with my sentiment and argument more than it was my wording.

Imagine struggling to grapple with arguing that you have to refer back to a comment made three days ago most people have moved on from. Sad.

1 Like

Kind of like what you’ve been doing this entire thread?

Do you know how easy you make it to poke holes in your arguments with your own arguments? Couldn’t ever imagine being this inconsistent and contradictory.

1 Like

Except it does. You’re arguing that people who raid casually are casual players. Which is not the case.

A casual raiding guild is literally just a guild that is more lax on requirements and doesn’t enforce a hard raid schedule. It doesn’t erase the fact that the content itself is very much NOT casual and can require a significant time investment to initially clear. Most casual players are not invested in raiding enough to put in the time and effort for progging. Which is what makes them casual.

4 Likes

:popcorn: So, uh. This thread is still going eh?

I think the part I’m enjoying the players who think “Harder content shouldn’t get better/unique rewards” is some sort of moral high ground.

Blizzard added 31 mostly unique models in ZM in 9.2 that are accessible without ever having to step foot in a Raid or PvP. But one glad mount and suddenly “casuals” don’t get rewarded?.. lmao.

3 Likes

That’s more than the two of you.

I admit when I am wrong. Remember when I admitted that I was wrong about one of the quotes?

I haven’t struggled with anything. I’m sorry you can’t understand I was using that as an example.

Hard disagree, you’re looking at things from the wrong perspective (you’re jealous and it’s a bad look). People who do those things deserve their unique rewards.

The problem is, they don’t put effort into any other cool stuff outside of those things. You don’t need to take away their rewards, they just need to put more cool stuff in the game.

I disagree that this is a good idea. I feel that rewards should be commensurate to the content in which they drop.

in other words, players shouldn’t get the same gear in trivial content as those in the most difficult content.

Just like I shouldn’t get PvP glad mounts for doing pet battles, a player doing only world quests shouldn’t get the same ilvl shoulders as the player killing mythic whoever.

That doesn’t mean I don’t think world players shouldn’t have gear progression. It doesn’t mean I don’t think world players shouldn’t have unique rewards. But I don’t think easy content rewards should have the same power scale as difficult content rewards.

edited for my inability to avoid typos.

6 Likes