Stop rewarding the 1%

Like 15% or more of the pvp population gets this.

Except the next KSM mount. KSM is not difficult to work your way towards.

They get recolors of mounts that only come from casual content. I’ll agree there needs to be some cooler one off mounts obtainable outside of raiding/m+/pvp. But generally the secret mount or some other one covers that.

A lot more than 1% of the game gets these rewards.

The top 1-10% of ppl do not keep this game afloat. Casuals do. not even going to argue what a casual is.

For example, I think recolored and unarmored glad mounts - would be fine for casuals to “work” towards. Let the gladiator ones stand out.

I think there should always be special goodies for everyone, no matter what pillar or open world content they’re doing.

So much of it is watered down for me because people buy runs.

I wish more love and story was poured into the game. Shadowlands was awful for a story from the book to in the game.

Old transmogs , old mage tower skins and mounts should be brought back to a vendor for the ppl who put the time in.

You can never make everyone happy. If ppl can’t complete the task then they do not get it but for the love, stop taking stuff away from the game.

1 Like

223 mounts and I have maybe 50 or something I just never bought off the rep vendors after the fact. I am not a mount collector. 500 is a pretty easy achievement, and that’s kind of why mount collectors were salty it took so long to get an achievement for it.

Go ahead. Try to get 500 from 190. It is insane.

The effort and dedication to get something is what makes it desirable imo

Working towards a goal and getting it feels good and encouraging people to improve and dedicate themselves to something they like is healthy

Alternatives exist for those who havent reached their milestones yet, and they’d probably feel less distressed overall if instead of having the negative outlook of “look at what i missed!” they instead saw it as “look at what i can get because i as a player have become good enough to accomplish things i couldn’t before”

4 Likes

hell no, I’d rather have something more exoctic! lol - I get your point. Like I said I’m not in total agreement with the OP on the frickin “reward” system. I just think it slants a little more than it should toward the 10%.

No, I don’t think I will, and I don’t care.

It’s not something I’m going to do, and it’s not something I will be upset about not having.

The only problem here is. The newer player may not lack the dedication required: but they missed out on the opportunity to get mounts that were more readily accessible from previous expansions and content.

So it’s compounding. It’s already time consuming for someone to get 500 mounts. But when you consider the fact that many mounts are simply unobtainable now, it’s only that much worse.

Honest question.

Of the 172 (my copy was wrong oops) mounts added in SL, how many of these are going to be unobtainable after the fact?

There are more mounts available than unavailable. There are ~30 gladiator mounts unobtainable and half a dozen of vanilla mounts that are unobtainable. People have 600+ mounts collected without ever having hit glad

Thats really a non issue and definitely doesn’t warrant removing achievements from players just so that new players can have 30 extra mounts that other people worked really hard for lol

1 Like

You’re

Just sayin…

You’re avoiding my point.

It’s more of a conceptual problem. It’s clearly not intended to do so: but it’s demoralizing newer players who actually are willing to put the effort in, but they know because there’s already a community stacked against them.

In two ways, as well. There’s a community of people who like to gate-keep some of the more interesting mounts, mogs, etc. But there’s also the fact that they simply just had the opportunity.

That is my problem with the 500 mount achievement. It’s more the idea and the support of the idea, than the actual mount itself. I really couldn’t care less about getting the mount, but it’s this mentality that Blizzard and some players foster that dooms us.

Yes ma’am.

I’m hoping the writing for DF is much better and the world is more engaging. I always climbed for a season or two but the world and story was always my favorite part of the game and the majority of what I do for an xpac. Really sad to see where the game has gone.

edit: spelled game as a came, reeee

2 Likes

I think what I also struggle with is, having played with top players before some of their arrogance is disgusting. A god in their own mind or a video game that most ppl could careless about.

Do some ppl excel and learn faster naturally, yes! But, I think if ppl put in the time almost everyone could be at the top except like handicapped ppl.

Most ppl do not have the time or desire to stroke an ego in a video game because irl trumps it. Or, they just want to relax when they log on. You would think blizzard would realize this after all these years. heh

1 Like

The devs are on a mission to sabotage the game.

Considering removed items generally get pulled from the collections tab after their window of completion, a new player would have to already be in really deep to know these things exist. They’d already be aware of things they should be working for if they want them… as they’re posted to the collections tab for them to see.

New players have thousands of things to collect on their own. They will be fine. The majority of us are.

1 Like

The people who say getting 500 mounts isn’t hard or “I have xxx mounts and I didn’t even try!” don’t clearly remember just how many hours it took to achieve that mount count.

Just look at it from a new perspective. You just joined WoW. You want to collect 500 mounts. Now how daunting is that idea? How many hours do you think it would take?

5,000? 6,000?

I’ve spent 200+ hours on getting ONE, just one mount. I know some are much easier than others… but when you really think about it, it’s just too much to ask of new players.

And people spend more hours than that getting just one gladiator mount. Why should those players time be devalued just because a new player wants an extra +1 to their collection?

If a new player really wants the otter mount they can get the alternative models coming in DF and settle for those until they reach their 500 otter mount :woman_shrugging:

3 Likes

And you think people don’t spend those hours getting glad? How many hours do people put in to achieve AoTC?

The stress of being told you have this amount of time to achieve this goal, and putting in the work for it?

2 Likes

this is an excellent point and explains one of the biggest issues with old, solved content.

1 Like