Stop rewarding the 1%

It’s kind of a crappy situation all around with that. Those are the only “stastics” we have to help us understand player behavior. Also, they are kind of terrible for understanding player behavior because among other things they don’t even really know how many people are playing the game. What we have to go on is kind of terrible, also it is all we have to go on. I mean heck, Bellular ( I know BOO we don’t talk about content creators here on the forums) had an entire video where he cross referenced a bunch of different types of data to come up with a rough estimate of how many people might be playing the game. It took a whole bunch of time and work to come up with an educated guess on the basis for any statistic for the playerbase.

Its even a more useless piece of data when blizzard opening encourages the 99% to just buy their raid and dungeons runs.

Content should be difficult tbh, look at Elden Ring. Content outside of instances is so mind-numbingly boring, collect x of this, kill x boring mobs with simple melee/casting/healing abilities that you can completely ignore. It’s not 2004 anymore they need to innovate on their open world content and mobs.

And to be clear, I’m not trying to say that we shouldn’t refer to it in such a discussion, but it is not at all absolute. That’s why I put more value into an argument that is formed from logic and discusses the general trends and interests of a casual player, and not statistics that we only have half of the picture of along with personal experiences.

Oh here we go lets compare completely different games to each other as a vaild argument. Blah blah blah. Oh look elden ring is difficult so everyother game should be too blah blah blah. Go somewhenre else and be toxic

1 Like

Not sure why you’re being so defensive, if you find any bit of what I said toxic then you need to go outside and touch grass. By hard content I don’t mean anything in the realms of m+ or raiding; just something to make the world more challenging.

Also both games are rpgs… Not very different now are they?

Crazy how some think they’re entitled to things from the past just because they weren’t here or something.

Adding the coolest rewards to the hardest content gives players incentive to get better and participate in that harder content(or pay for it)
Adding those same rewards to low skill casual content takes away that incentive and drive to improve.

1 Like

Ok let over simplify this as you clearly are taking it way out of context.

Using warcraft logs you can use the website to look at guild raid days which is what the discussion was about.

I know you are talking outside of your death but please try and keep up.

Most people who raid have atleast one person that logs. You don’t actually have to log yourself :man_facepalming:t3:

Yes they are very different if you honestly think they are comparable you need to go touch dirt

This discussion was never about that lol. It was about how much the average player in AOTC spends to be at AOTC. You’re literally the only person that cares about guild raiding activity.

2 Likes

Yet you can’t actually understand why warcraft logs was even linked.

Ps it had nothing to do with parses.

My point still stands that those websites only represent a small portion of the playerbase. Keep reaching though.

1 Like

Snozh I can’t believe you’re still here lmfao

1 Like

It doesn’t matter? It’s still a specialized player pool that you’re pulling your statistics from and acting like it’s fact when it’s still not.

Exaclty they dont represent the 99% of course what does blizzard care they only cater to the 1%, all Ion cares about is raiding raiding raiding never mind what made wow so great in the 1st place

Sounds like you should play the game

1 Like

If blizzard catered to the 99% this game would turn into Hello Kitty Island adventure. Not good.

1 Like

I love these indirect acknowledgements that casual players who don’t push harder content are in fact the majority player base, yet in the same post they still somehow manage to claim that they shouldn’t be listened to.

1 Like

Conveniently ignore the rest of my argument to further your beyond atrocious take… My bad, continue crying about how the game instead of coming up with actual good points and solutions. :+1: