Stop rewarding the 1%

Okay! So we have an agreement and an understanding as to where the disconnect is coming from then.

Casual players are people who have a limited time to play the game. Most of them probably want to play the content that appeals to them and not push harder content because… well, it’s harder content, and pushing that harder content means having to invest more time into the game more than they already are.

Most players, regardless of how much you guys want to swing how easy AOTC is, are simply not capable of doing it without putting that time in. That’s why they are average players, and not AOTC.

So they stick to their comfort zones and play the game that way. This does not mean that there aren’t casual players who don’t push harder content, only that the likelihood is probably smaller than you think.

Says the guy trying to blame any time that’s not raiding as raid prep.

Your arguments are as weak as your logs.

What’s truly weak is leveling an insult at someone who clearly has no interest in logging and hasn’t engaged with it lmao

2 Likes

Source please.

Source please.

PS aotc is the average raid achievement.

That’s the joke. Sorry it went over your head.

Pretty bad joke my guy lmao

Raid achievements mean nothing when people can buy carries.

3 Likes

I don’t think glad is 1% anymore with it being flat 2400 and some wins. “Gladiator” title is only seasonal, R1 title is forever for that toon though.

I think the top 1% should get really cool stuff due to putting in more effort, but that doesn’t mean the rest shouldn’t get a thing either. Stuff like the mage tower and green fire is fun for EVERYONE not just Mythic Mario spamming keys all day. That goes for the way they make their content too, if you’re not spamming keys, raid logging, or doing arena’s there’s really nothing to do in terms of casual game. The game needs more fun things that everyone can participate in without feeling pressured to have to log in every minute of the day.

I hope they use Dragon Riding to introduce races, and other cool exploration type things that don’t reward things onpar with question and normal dungeon stuff.

and pushing that harder content means having to invest more time into the game more than they already are.

This is I think the bit we are primarily in disagreement about. If you have 6 or 8 hours per week available to spend on WoW and you spend 100% of that time doing or thinking about how to do better activities that involve playing WoW at a relatively high level you are going to get better at WoW. if you spend that same amount of time entirely doing activities that you do not find challenging and do not spend any of the time thinking about how to get better at doing activities you won’t get better. A skill gap opens between the two individuals who started in the same place ability wise and spend the same amount of time doing WoW related things. They’ve both made a choice about how to play WoW. I think the second person getting mad that the first accomplished an achievement giving them a title, mount or what have you and wanting the related reward is unreasonable when the second person knew about the rewards as well and chose a path that involved not getting them.

I can agree with this, but the disconnect here is that they probably just want to play the game. They aren’t thinking about stats or builds or mechanics or anything to that degree. Casual gamers have historically been associated with people who not only spend short amounts of time with a game, but people who don’t have an invested interest in pushing something. If you type casual gamer into Google, the first thing that pops up is “describing a player who is not fully committed to playing a video game at a high level.”

As for rewarding that player base, I mean, we can agree to disagree. I’m not necessarily against high level players getting exclusive rewards, but I do think that Blizzard could go a long way in evolving its reward scheme so that the lower end of content is still rewarded in meaningful ways, and just not by reskinning the same mount 20x over and then making it a different shade of color. Casual players have certainly gotten some things over the years, but not at the rate high level players get, and I think that is primarily the issue wherein Blizzard has prioritized one group over another.

I don’t think OP would have created this post if casuals had something that they could engage with and earn long-term without having to change their way of play.

100 brah, blizzard needs to stop catering to these elitist tryhard no life sweatlord and remeber the people that made there game so successful, we the 99% deserve the same rewards that a no life toxic elitist can get. Its not fair amd blizzard always giving no life raiders whatever they want whenever they want is toxic and creates a awful gameplay exp.

1 Like

this is such a good bit rofl.

Imagine moving goalposts after getting corrected by multiple people.

Eh, I don’t think the issues is that non-raiding casuals don’t have rewards to get. I’d say it is more of a case that pretty much all of the rewards come from very boring and repetitive content. A casual that doesn’t raid is probably going to have way more mounts, pets, and world achievements that one that does. Of course, farming old raid mounts, catching pets, and rep grinding are all kind of boring ( at least I think they are). It isn’t an easy thing to do, making something that is both interesting/fun to do that is also very doable for someone who makes no effort to play the game “well”.

1 Like

I didn’t move goalposts. You can’t use achievements as evidence of anything because they have been fabricated with people who buy carries. It is effectively compromised and so you simply cannot claim that those who have the AOTC achievement did so through the casual parameters we’ve established. Nothing was moved. I just debunked your terrible statistic.

I think the issue is that the rewards are just not new anymore. Remember getting a mount nobody else had back in TBC/Vanilla? That was a special moment, but now we have 400+ mounts in the game. I think Blizzard would do themselves some good if they invested in new reward types instead of the same 3. I thought the transmogs for covenants were a great start but they clearly gave up on them less than halfway through the expansion.

2 Likes

Not long into 9.2, my guild’s raiding team fell apart. We tried to rebuild, but had no luck. I’ve tried to pug AOTC raids, but only found failed runs, lead by very toxic people.

Agree we get nothing but grabge left over scarps from the tryhards!!! Causals never get anything new in the game and its not fair!!! Especially with how well the covenant system was recieved on launch, the only people that hated it were try hard sweat lords so of course blizzard has to cater to elitist jerks and abandon a amazing system for the 99% of players.

1 Like

Lol. Are you really linking Warcraft Logs as proof? You realize that those websites only represent a small portion of the overall playerbase right? There are a few million players in this game. But if you look at parses for the entire tier over a two week period for Mythic+, it only shows 300k+ parses for Hunter at the top of the charts. With the same parameters, Sepulcher of the First Ones shows 16K+ parses for Warlock at the top of the charts.

That is a small part of the playerbase. Most casual players don’t log themselves on sites like Warcraft Logs. Why? Because they’re casual and are not invested in raid logs or even raiding to begin with.

Exactly. Guilds who have cleared heroic+ and offer carries for AOTC will often run hundreds of players through the raid in any given week. AOTC numbers ultimately mean nothing bc they are inflated by carries.

2 Likes

Exaclty and blizzard makes all the content way to difficult now so they can sell wow tokens resulting in even more catering to the 1% so us 99% can give them gold just so we can get the cool rewards. Its just so toxic

1 Like

This is very in line for Snozh. He uses WarcraftLogs, Raider.io, and achievement statistics as his lifelines when any reasonable person knows that these websites are nothing more than a select number of players who perform at the very top of the game’s content tiers.

Most people seem to understand that statistics need to be cross-referenced and validated in order to be legitimate, especially when your statistics are stemming from a specialized player pool. This is why I’ve ignored any of his claims about statistics because I know he doesn’t have anything to substantiate what he’s saying. He’ll only use them as a way to make his argument look sophisticated, as is routine for him.

And to be fair, neither do I, but at least my argument follows logic that is consistent and in agreement with the general understanding about obtaining a skill and the definition of casual.

3 Likes