Stop rewarding the 1%

Good for you.

Your experience is not indicative of everyone else’s. Until someone hits me with hard statistics that prove the average casual player is totally capable of pushing harder content without altering their way of playing the game or that more AOTC players are casual than they are hardcore, this thread will continue to have no resolution.

2 Likes

Honestly man, the amount of effort you need to put into the game outside of raid to achieve AoTC is basically nothing. You can literally never log into the game outside of raid and very easily achieve AoTC. Even for CE raiding my playtime is heavily frontloaded for the first 3-4 weeks of the tier. I maybe play 20 hours a week total in the beginning of the tier, but I could easily get away with less. By the end of the tier, I basically raidlog my main, and just play alts.

Raiding really doesn’t take that much commitment if all you’re trying to do is get the achievement.

Sorry no one is entitled to a mount (skins not speeds) / tabard / transmog. Those are the only things are the only things that should separate players. Players of any play style should have access to top level gear stat wise. The only factor that should separate a Mythic + elite player from a casual player is Time and Cool Skins (mounts / tabards / transmogs).

1 Like

No casual player is going to do this lol

The number of players who are clearly not casual telling me that they are casual and that I don’t know what casual is is typical WoW forums lmao

Like this is literally my whole point. Most casual players are not going to meet the threshold that is expected of them in order to reach a point in raiding where they can play the game casually. Most people who are raiding at this level are more likely to have spent the time in the game learning everything to be there. Casuals are not invested to that degree. That’s why they are casuals because, again, casual is not just a metric of time, but also a state of being.

2 Likes

It’s trash like this that makes the WoW community come off as… well… trash.

7 Likes

Right? Their response is so lame. I think most ppl can progress with the right setting and practicing- like anything in life. Crazy yo.

All intellectualism is pseudo-intellectualism. The human brain is a bit of chemical-saturated meat jelly with electricity running through it. It’s amazing that our senses inform us as much as they do, but to sit here and pretend that there’s anything objectively great about human intelligence is to demonstrate total ignorance regarding our true nature and our place in the universe.

We are blind, deaf children adrift on a distant rock in a forgotten solar system in the far-flung Milky Way Galaxy.

You think those are facts you’re learning? They may serve you in such a capacity for the whole of your life, but the laws of the universe are still alien and mysterious to all of humanity, and anything we think we know is subject to change at any time.

I feel like anyone who fails to embrace their own inner “woo woo pseudo-intellectualism” is deceiving themselves into thinking they are a lucid mind and that everyone should take them seriously. But, nobody has a lucid mind. The people who think themselves completely sane are absolutely bonkers, and the people coming closest to approaching truth are the ones who know that they are incapable of grasping it.

Life is a joke and humanity is the punchline. What are we even here to do or to say? And once we’ve done what we came to do, what will it matter how we were received or if we were believed?

All things spiral into oblivion. It is the nature of entropy.

Regard me in whatever way you desire. That opinion, too, will consumed by the void and digested into nothingness. :slight_smile:

And as usual your entire point is null and void.

Just because he as a ce raider spends 20 hours the first couple weeks doesn’t mean it’s required too. Especially for an aotc guild.

I love how you continue to speak for casuals when you don’t play retail and you don’t actually raid.

Considering you still haven’t provided any statistics for me that would infer otherwise, I don’t really plan on backing down from it. At least my argument is based on logic of how obtaining a skill works. Yours is basically “Muh personal experience” and then seemingly deflecting anything I say to you.

1 Like

Except a ton of “casual” players play way more than 20 hours a week. They spend their time farming tmog, pet battling, wiping in normal/heroic pugs and +10 keys.

The difference here is that I don’t waste the 20 hours a week I play. I’m shooting for a goal, I don’t log in if I have nothing to do, but a ton of casual players do just log in and afk because they have no goals, they have nothing that they are shooting for.

WoW isn’t about the amount of time you spend, it’s how you spend the time you do have.

2 Likes

Life is what you make of it.

1 Like

Wouldn’t work. I’m a demon hunter, so I’d just glide sideways and land on the Moon. There, I will establish my Psychedelic Kingdom and begin an ambitious cloning program that recreates only the humans of whom I am historically fond to populate the Moon. Together with Clone George Carlin, Clone Alan Rickman, Clone Samuel Clemens, Clone Karl Marx, and Clone Diogenes, I would explore the outer realms of consciousness and we would learn how to combine our powers, summoning Captain Planet of the Moon, who would zoom to Earth and level cities with a sneeze.

2 Likes

If you are playing more than 20 hours a week, then you are probably not a casual player. Most people do not have three hours a day to spend playing a game. Casual infers engaging with something irregularly for short periods of time.

And that’s what makes them casual. If they were engaging with the game extensively and took an interest in the systems and mechanics and other facets of the game, they wouldn’t be because casual is also a state of being.

All you’re realistically doing is agreeing with me.

What I make of life is pretty funny IMO.

yeah and all I’m ever going to argue is that it’s okay that those players are not able to acquire certain titles, mounts, or achievements.

And that’s fine, but they should still have things to strive towards instead of having their progress/content cap out one month into an expansion/patch. World of Warcraft is a service, not a privilege.

Guy smoked weed one time and thinks he’s ascending existence in his parents basement.

He will leave a lasting mark on the world as a mid-tier forum troll.

1 Like

And honestly, I think the last few expansions have actually provided a ton of cool things for casual players to chase. The protoform Syntheseis has a ton of really neat mounts on it that, while not necessarily super unique, do look amazing.

The crab mount from the Naz’jatar meta is another great example of something a really casual player can chase after over a period of time, and can be rewarded with a one-of-a-kind mount.

I don’t care what you do. I have you the links if you want to actually look into it.

Please keep continuing to talk about something you have zero understanding of because it’s pretty entertaining watching you contradict yourself and still speak for all casuals.

If you could read you would know that warcraft logs and raider io are not “much personal experience” and is literal data if you actually knew how those websites worked.

You have the links that state exactly how much a player put into a game in order to be AOTC? Where are they, then?

1 Like