Stop rewarding the 1%

No, it’s the definition of a casual player because it’s literally in all of the definitions of casual that I linked you.

Do you have data that proves people playing at AOTC are casual? No? Then you can’t say “based on the data.”

1 Like

The only thing I can think of in this regard takes me back to the Friendship Moose in WoD: a lot of the community worked together to actually help people who wouldn’t see AotC get this mount- some without “shady” means, and others with it, but it still was better than people missing out.

To be honest with you, I don’t have an issue with high-end content having things that are exclusive to its content ring, but what I don’t like is that Blizzard seems to only ever focus the interesting rewards there when a lot of people do not engage with that area of the game. There should be plenty of interesting reward schemes that engage the average player.

2 Likes

Define “interesting.”

False.

Yes. Try searching warcraft logs and raider io.

Not very hard to find that the majority of aotc guilds are casual.

I mean, it’s not false. You can go ahead and refer to it yourself since I already linked it to you.

No, because you still don’t have the statistics that dictate how much they had to play/are still playing to reach that point.

2 Likes

How does someone like OP, who’s wearing full mythic raiding gear, who’s complaining about rewards that he’s getting… get any upvotes? Especially, when any bit of reason or logic can be thrown at his statement and absolutely destroy it. Almost all rewards are open to casual players, there are a very, very, very small amount of rewards that are limited time. Which means that people who excel, only get a very, very, very small selection of rewards for excelling, while the average person gets rewarded for being average, by getting access to 99.9% of all the other stuff.

Again, OP is fully kitted out, so it’s a bit strange to see their point. But, even if they weren’t, it wouldn’t be realistic either way.

realistically, I think posts like OP’s are concern trolly, upvote fishing threads. And, you people just eat it up because you’re good little fishies.

:fish:

1 Like

I mean it is not just from a design standpoint but anyone with common sense.

Just because you identify as a casual player doesn’t make you one.

Warcraft logs literally shows the days they play and the days they upload logs.

Clearly you don’t understand how that website works.

Probably because he’s complaining about not being able to get a pve version of the pvp glad mount.

Then he should probably do the content. He knows what he has to do for the rewards. He can do it for PvP, why not PvE?

It’s a bait thread.

Did you fail first grade English? Do you not understand that I’m not talking about how much they play currently, or are you just deliberately being obtuse? What part of time invested prior is difficult for you?

Also, do you have some sort of metric that concerns how much those guilds play outside of raiding? Are you savvy to how much the average person in that AOTC guild plays?

If I’m not invested in the game and am not making an active effort to engage with deeper, more complex systems, that makes me casual by the literal definition of the word.

3 Likes

I mean the only way to effect change is to band together and turn off the cash flow.

Blizzard doesn’t care that we squabble. Too many people just mindlessly buy expansion packs for green dragons for there to be an effective change from our side of the lane.

Haha i love these threads. Love the class warfare in this community.

Anyway, i find it mindblowing that a good chunk of this playerbase plays far more than me, but still sees absolutely none of the progression i see.

For so many WoW players, giving effort isn’t an in-game parameter. Your fight, your drive, your push towards your goals: all of it exists outside the realm of min-maxing/community building. You know where it does exist though? These garbage forums, where you get to pine after Blizzard introducing communist gearing systems that will allow smelly fat neets with no skill or social interaction to have access to the most powerful gear in the game.

Hey guys if you tried half as hard to be a part of a mythic raid kill as you do to come to the forums every day to promote your grift, you’d probably have a lot of gear by now.

1 Like

Bahaha and? Want it then earn it or as someone pointed out, buy it.
I want the glad mounts but not good enough to earn it and won’t ever pay for a carry so I’ll never get it which that’s on me.

Ironic considering it literally has a calendar with the day and date going back to before the beginning of the tier which means the entire tier logs are visible. But hey people are definitely raiding heroic three days a week.

It’s kinda sad how out of touch you are with the raiding scene.

If they only raid two nights a week they are a casual raiding guild.

Simple workaround. Stop paying. It’ll require less effort from you which I know you’ll be happy about. Plus side is that the community will be better off without you and your horrible takes and woo-woo pseudo intellectualism.

You can continue to point this out and every time it will further demonstrate how clueless you are as to what I’m saying to you.

Do you know how much time every individual player in that raid spends with the game to be AOTC? Do you know how much time they had to invest with the game prior to be at that point?

If the answer to either of those questions is no, then you cannot say that they are casual players. If the answer to either of those questions is yes, then you are lying.

Your obsession with raid logs is not doing you any favors here. It’s only illustrating your incapacity to think further beyond your own established parameters.

3 Likes

Say it louder for the people at the top.

Friend, I got AoTC last week and my guild raids one night a week. In 2 months, playing solo, I went from 178 or so to 260
Venthyr Campaign > SoD campaign > ZM campaign > Dual legendaries > valor upgraded low mythic gear. Up to M+4, there are no gear requirements, no one cares, the mechanics are easy and you often get carried by geared players farming valor. Combine that with callings that give you 1.8k gold for trivial quests every day and BoEs on the AH, it’s never been easier for casual players in casual guilds to get access to almost the very best gear in the game.

If my guild were any more casual, we’d be on life support.

2 Likes

Don’t you know that you’re part of the elitist 1% now and that 99% of the people who play WoW never get past level 10 because elitists like you ruining everything and taking all the rewards?

/s

2 Likes