Stop rewarding the 1%

WoW isnt circling the drain.

Nah it just doesnt apply as I have never claimed to be king.

Informing you of the facts isnt railroading and even if it was I dont do it t o everyone.

Because I can be?

By what definition? The random one you just now made up?

That’s not how words work.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/unique

No where does it say uniqueness is determined by how many people own something. Would you like to try again?

ANALOGY | meaning in the Cambridge English Dictionary

So you’re a troll.

Correcting players based on “fact” regardless of being right or wrong isn’t conductive to stimulating dialogue. Seems rather rude and petty, also telling of a players attuite when they constantly have to reaffirm their raiding status like it’s a badge for them to push players around.

As I have never claimed to be a top player it STILL doesnt apply.

Nope. That would be you.

Correcting players based on facts means that I am right.

Following someone into multiple threads and trolling them like you do to me is actually rude. I must have really hurt your feelings.

I’ve heard this before haven’t I

That’s right.

You’re entitled to think what you like but doesn’t it strike as rather overly pomp to put yourself in this kind of position? You’ve got the highest running for elitist spokesman at this rate.

Sure.

You are either not smart enough to realize you are taking it too literal or you are just that desperate to get a shock factor because you cant come up with anything else.

Stop worrying about other players and enjoy the game.

:star: :star: :star: :star: :star: post. I’d give it a +5 if I could but lets settle for a +1 cause’ that’s all I can give you lol

1 Like

Once again, all of this crying for 1 mount and a different recolor of a set available on 4 difficulties per patch

1 Like

You can understand the confusion when someone constantly presents their opinion as fact.

I am sorry you cant handle actual facts.

Your opinion isn’t fact.

Me saying you are a troll isnt an opinion. Its an actual fact. Time to go to bed though work in the morning.

Door swings both ways on that account.

Of course I know what these “buzzwords” mean, otherwise I wouldn’t have not brought them up in the first place.

Engagement. And money isn’t the only thing they want to have. The developers want to have a full commitment from the players, which has been criticized several times already.

I agree with you here.

It depends on a case to case basis and the item. There is no “one size fits the bill”-argumentation. Compare the Teldrassil Burning rewards to the participation rewards you have in mind.

The EULA states that you agreed upon having no rights as a player. You do not own anything and you did agree upon using a leasing service to play on the servers.

Was this toxic behavior really necessary?
“You should have born earlier then this wouldn’t have happened!”
This is no solution.

It’s a status symbol for casual and regular players. The RP-scene does not care for status, they need the right items which suits the lore. The current Lordaeron-shields are an example of this, which were originally tutorial island material turned zovaal raid rewards. Should not have happened.

Because it excludes people this way and gives a player prestige.
Which absolutely not matters, because they do not own these items.

Problem was also Nazjatar which was required for the grind, if I remember correctly. And depending on the class one players it was absolutely horrible.

This is incorrect. You get achievements for acquiring a few mounts.

People know and are aware of this. A person, who lacks the understanding of vanity items and is a bean counter. He is misplaced in this position. Ion is the guy who looks upon you as a resource and number.

Yes. Game became too complicated and too hard. Even Hazzikostas acknowledged this. WoW was at its best when it was simple and fun where everyone could join and progress. Almost all of my family stopped caring for raids because how much time and preparation it requires today.

Yes, but that’s subjective. A person might likes SL but I think it was a waste of time, 99% of the vanity items being absolutely useless going forward.

It depends on the item. But if it’s significant for RP or an actual upgrade to an old classic mount, then, yes, it’s worth complaining about it.

Oh, absolutely. These Asmongold transmog competitions are perfect for casual and regular players to see what creativity can do. Most of these would not be acceptable for RP-servers though.

But can they get the mounts with a 0.1 or 1% chance? Then, again: There is no FF14-system in place which protects your efforts. You can spend either one run or +1000 to get the same mount, which still leaves the people dry and makes your argument less valid due the lack of safety measures.

Just because there are vast collectibles, it still doesn’t mean these are good rewards. I love to bring this up because everyone just avoids answering it:

Take a look upon the Mechastriders and the Vicious Mechastrider. Which one will you likely choose? The Mechastrider-question is the perfect encapsulation of the problem here and why Blizzard needs to change and act upon such topics.

To be fair, both sides act like entitled children at the moment. Just look at your own response here. Why do you need to write in caplock? Because you have not your emotions in check. Understanding people requires emotional awareness and comprehension next to understand the design philosophy of the game and what the developers try to achieve. If one person cannot get their feelings in check, regardless for what they stand, then they have no place in such topics.

It would also help to acknowledge the issues people face or have while also trying to approach a middle ground for a discussion.

While this is an absolute cringe-worthy mount (sorry, Shreds), the essence of the posting is true. You enjoy things for yourself, otherwise you dress and play for other people to get the affirmation that you matter.

2 Likes

What do you mean? Pre cata this wasn’t a thing at all as well you didnt have that till dif change option till wotlk and that just gave a seperate loot table and higher ilvl. Cata was the same until lfr came out and then that’s when we got the colour variences like we have to this day.

Ok I get it but, why should the 1% not be rewarded for doing the thing they’re good at again?

Like, I get FOMO is a nasty business, and that’s where it should stop: allow these rare things of prestige to still be obtainable, but allow players to improve themselves to get the best looking stuff if they really want to work for it?

My issue are the people with the neat 1% stuff that use it as an excuse to be a douche to people who don’t have it. Now that is where I put my foot down.
But those who are humble and didn’t pay for a carry? more power to them, they’ve earned my respect.

1 Like

It’s given, humans are not a very reliable species. While I do understand that people take pride in what they have achieved, it is still an empty golden seat. They do not own anything in this game.

2 Likes

So what? DaVinci didn’t own the Mona Lisa. What’s your point?

All the discussion here did not advance at all when I came back to see +450 new posts. Everyone here, including me, is a mice in a golden cage with no rights or claims we have chosen to play and especially signed up for. To start hostile interactions with other players is an ill-fated situation, which only plays into the developer’s hand and makes us all look like the lab rats we are for them.

However, there are two very strong opinions and it would be the best that everyone starts to work together to find a solution for this problem. It is true that people have no rights to get specific items, however it’s also true that people should have access to older FOMO-items, naturally. There must be a middle ground where we all can agree upon.