Stop rewarding the 1%

They only care about making money, not a good game or a community that spends money.

1 Like

Sad that this is the case across every game under the Blizzard umbrella. Whatā€™s even worse is that their employees will defend the game on Twitter and say anyone who is outspoken about its flaws is an a-hole. What a waste of potential for all the worlds theyā€™ve created.

If they shut down the E-sport scene they might be able to get back on track.

But they wonā€™t so we just continue to watch the game circle the toilet bowl.

You leave M+ out of this. We get a lame KSM mount that canā€™t compare to the glad mount and nothing else. No sweet weapon illusions and pvp has their very own sets now. M+ deserves their own stuff too, given itā€™s an actual sponsored event just like pvp.

1 Like

You have that banner for reaching the top 1%.

What nonsense. You can go play Classic right now and youā€™ll quickly find that at end-game, Raiding (and PvP) is the only thing that matters.

The game has been significantly more story focused on modern eras with major content patches also including actual stories released alongside the raids instead of the old fashion of ā€œYeah, new raids out. Hereā€™s a breadcrumb quest. Have at itā€.

But you said raiding bad, so it doesnā€™t have to be correct for people to agree.

Yeah but counterpoint.

Ion is in a guild called Elitist Jerks. Clearly thatā€™s his actual view and not just a tongue-in-cheek joke.

Also heā€™s the only person who does anything for WoW developers, so everything is 100% his vision.

6 Likes

You donā€™t work for the company, do you? I think itā€™s safe to assume you and no one posting here has any idea what goes on behind the scenes.

Yes, that is the point of my joke.

Jokes are funny.

1 Like

No need to be rude just because you canā€™t understand context.

ā€œYou donā€™t understand my bad joke therefore you are dumb.ā€

That violates the social contract, -500 social credit score.

Yeah it wasnā€™t a very complicated joke dude. Saying you donā€™t understand it is definitely a self-own.

thatā€™s an awful lot of words to simply say ā€œiā€™m a narcissistā€ lol

Whatever you say elitist!

1 Like

Hello friend! :wave:

I agree 100% with you.

When you really think about it and youā€™re right. There is a lot of unnecessary gate keeping for a small % of players.

:sunflower: :rainbow: :sunflower:

It should motivate you to achieve the achievements that reward those items. Before anyone says anything about how much time is invested into achieving that kind of stuff (Glad Mounts, KSM, etc.)ā€¦ thatā€™s probably the point as to why its so exclusive. And to be honest, it isnā€™t as rare to see a glad mount than it was years ago when it was still top .3% of the ladder for your battlegroup. I dig it and I have never even hit Gladiator, being a dedicated PvP player. Motivation. Move forwardā€¦ set goalsā€¦ achieve goalsā€¦ Itā€™s just a game but thatā€™s what makes it fun is the reward for being decent at it. I donā€™t want to be fed rewards just for aestheticā€¦ rather actually play the game and get something kekw

The point I took from the OP ( I may be wrong) is that the armor sets that they want to transmog is behind content they canā€™t do (high rated arenas, mythic raids, etc etc).

The solution I propose, is to make the transmogs unlockable in its current tier (not the gear with stats, just the look of the armor itself) by creating a new specialty currency vendor to purchase said unlocks. This currency can be earned by doing casual activities, heroic dungeons in LFG, LFR, weekly world quests (like doing stuff in Zereth Mortis).

Let the mythic raiders and gladiators keep their gear with stats, but let casuals who donā€™t partake in that content an alternate route to unlock the transmogs.

Hello friend! :wave:

To be honest, your reply is going to read with folks who find those achievements not worth the time because itā€™s un-fun to do and Itā€™ll create resentment and hate for the game and a loss of a customer.

WOW doesnā€™t and shouldnā€™t be treated like a job and the Achievement or a title should be enough for those who do mythic, unless they truly believe people think theyā€™re cool or something then that would be silly. :joy:

Itā€™s not a job man, itā€™s a game that should be fun, so blah, blah, blah, blah, blahā€¦ Blah, my two cents, blah. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:sunflower: :rainbow: :sunflower:

ā€œun-fun to doā€ā€¦ because doing Arenas and/or Mythic+ is super lame considering thatā€™s literally the end-game content. I donā€™t know. How about we can farm mining nodes for an awesome mount?

Obviously thereā€™s more than just Arenas and Mythic+ā€¦ RBGā€™s, Raiding, but each offer unique and exclusive rewards as wellā€¦ I donā€™t see what else somebody would do at max level on an MMORPG like WoWā€¦ Itā€™s not a full time job, I get thatā€¦ but itā€™s also notā€¦ you knowā€¦ Fortnite. Let me get every skin thoooooooo