Stop rewarding the 1%

I don’t understand why people throw a fit over pixels. Who truly cares about a mount you’ll never really see? WoW has plenty of options out there, find something that works for you and be happy.
wiggles toes

3 Likes

by “your people” Who are you calling “your people”? That sounds incredibly divisive

2 Likes

because being dedicated, committed, and good at something should be rewarded?

there should be good cosmetics and rewards for everyone

but complaining that the “best” cosmetics come from difficult content that requires effort is fried

just practice

ANYONE can hit gladiator right now, it’s not like when it was 0.5%
last season like 10% of the ladder was gladiator
that’s what old rival used to be

4 Likes

You’re mad that the players who achieve the highest achievements get the coolest rewards? Maybe consider the fact that the game doesn’t revolve around you. Maybe instead of acting like an entitled baby, go and actually do something in game to earn the rewards you want like everyone else has to.

Your people are Objectivists. If I am wrong, you can tell me after researching the philosophy (assuming you are not already familiar with it.) My people are the opposition, which is why it sounds so divisive. I want to say leftists (real leftists, not Democrats), but the coalition of anti-Objectivism is much broader than that. There are a myriad of reasons why a person might disagree with everything you stated in your corrupted quotation, and I hesitate to paint everyone in accord with my point of view using the same brush.

For my part, I’m an Anarcho-Syndicalist and I practice Wu Wei. I enjoy Eastern philosophy, read leftist theory, am a seasoned psychonaut, and I embrace vital living while utterly rejecting the illusion of permanent gain or hierarchy. None are above me. None are below. I walk my own path, and all around me is naught but scenery.

Your statements indicate that you take the exact opposite point of view.

You think being agile equates to adaptability. I think letting go of desire equates to adaptability.

You think rushing in is brave. I think rushing in is foolish.

You think trying to shine bright is inspiring. I think that it is distracting and self-indulgent.

You think defining one’s self is introspection. I think that definitions prevent genuine soul-searching.

You think power creates trust. For me, power generates immediate distrust.

You think that clinging to work brings pride. I think that clinging to work threatens freedom.

2 Likes

This game is just fomo and reskins

I do too! I play solo mostly myself. But I do like to dabble into group content if I can get rewards for doing so. Otherwise, I wouldn’t. Lol

I think if there was more non-challenging things in WoW I would also hope we could still earn rewards for doing those things, even if it involves going out of the way slightly and just trying your luck maybe. Fishing is fun, I’ve always enjoyed doing it in the past for the guild I was in. I remember taking time inbetween to try for the sea turtle mount or rare fishies you can get.

Even that magical crawfish pet in Outland was fun to go for.

More fun things to be rewarded for easy content would be great.

Still stand by what I said earlier however. Hard content should absolutely reward ppl. But that doesn’t mean there shouldn’t or can’t be good things for everybody else either.

Our time in WoW should always feel exciting.

1 Like

Then tell me your thoughts about rewards. Why would you give someone who put in hours of work to know the class, know the game inside and out and beat other people in combat who also know these things the same reward as someone who comes on these forums asking for it handed to them? Where does it end?

I’m never going to be a gladiator and get the mog or mount, mostly because I don’t want to put in the effort . Thus I do not believe i deserve said mount and mog.

2 Likes

Geeze then you’re lucky that people who don’t have a sub can’t chime in.

Na, git gud op.

No I’m not!

You are.

Cause if they did you couldn’t call them entitled, since they don’t pay the sub.

There’s no luck involved, it’s all skill baby :sunglasses:

I understood some of those words!

This thread is dumb lol.

Edit: Can I just point out that you almost never hear this level of crying in FF14. Not only did they have PvP rewards that you can no longer get, Ultimates get unique weapon glamours, and unlike WoW Mythics, you can’t go back and solo them years later.

All good points but I was also debating bringing up this opinion of OPs, because the reality is the bulk of removed prestige items look busted (subjective opinion, but when Blizzard refused to make unique PvP sets for several expansions it shows.)

Players are starving for meaning in WoW.

Guess the grind curve just isn’t appealing to play.

1 Like

Y’all need to stop warping the word casual to only be open world players. Casuals do a lot of group content.

The only thing I’ll kind of agree with you on is that they should offer more unique rewards for certain things. Like the mount achievement reward. That’s 500 mounts and it’s not easy to do and heavily reliant on RNG and patience.

I don’t know where you are getting the idea that they are tailoring the game toward the 1% though. This game has never been more rewarding for the general player.

1 Like

If you stop warping it to exclude them. No, CE mythic raiders are not “casuals” even if they raid log and like very little of the game besides raiding.

We will see no difference in how the game deals with rewards for casuals or solo players until and unless Microsoft takes over and decides that when Phil Spencer said he wanted to see “more people playing wow” he didn’t mean “a lot less”.

1 Like

Rewards should be for loyalty in my opinion. Were I to suddenly inherit Blizzard Entertainment, I would create a progressive reward system for continuous subscriptions. Every month you stay subscribed, you get a new reward. If you unsubscribe for more than one month, the counter resets and you have to start over.

Everyone should do what they enjoy, and only that. They should be equally rewarded for spending equal time in the game. If you enjoy working and mastering your class and beating others, cool. That’s a valid way to spend your time. So is herbing and archaeology. I don’t see any greater merit in raiding or PvP than I do in questing or crafting.

When they run out of rewards and have to make more.

I don’t think you should have to do things you don’t want to do in order to obtain a mount you want in a game you pay monthly to play. I think doing what you enjoy should award the same mount over a longer period of time.

You deserve all the same things every other living creature deserves.

1 Like