Stop rewarding the 1%

But they do have rewards for that stuff too. So not sure how thats an issue.

2 Likes

I do not do dismissive behavior postings. I’m sorry Bluster, but you’re wasting my time here. If we can all reduce everything to just a “it’s not”, then I do not need to give you my attention.

Pains me to skip the rest but if I allow you to post like this, then you will standardize this dominant behavior on a regular basis. I say no, sorry.

2 Likes

You just got waxed, and shown to be a hypocrite, and you run lol.

Par for the course

2 Likes

You are free to believe this.

I still pick the people I want to write to, as everyone does. And if there is no respect coming from both sides, then I’ll reduce myself in simply reading their postings and acknowledging them that they made a post, while replying to other people.

Remove Classic toons ability to post on non Classic threads cuz all they do is troll here almost 100% of the time. I post on Classic forums with my Classic toons and retail with retail toons. You should too. Not that difficult.

Do squat, get squat. Such is life, such is the game. :crazy_face:

2 Likes

ugh, am i being used as an example right now :worried:

1 Like

You can’t incentivize people to do things for fun anymore. You have to dangle a carrot. Its too stressful and time consuming so I don’t bother with higher difficulty things.

1 Like

Because they earned it? They did the best they could and as a result, they are rewarded for their effort and success? Why wouldn’t we reward the people who excel?

You’ve lumped in duelist rewards with gladiator rewards. Duelist, while high, is not the 1% nor is it gladiator status. You too can get duelist, and should put in the effort to do so if you want unique weapon tints, enchants, etc.

Which are a joke to get. 1800 is not hard.

KSM is a joke to get.

6 Likes

I literally just log in, fly around, fish for fish I don’t need, listen to zone music, do low level quests I may have missed, run legacy dungeons solo… literally everything I do in WoW is for fun. Blizzard doesn’t own a carrot big enough to change my behavior.

2 Likes

Hopefully Dragonflight will be shaking things up a bit, with fun cosmetics to chase in questing and the open world.

I wouldn’t mind more solo challenges either. Like in Warlords of Draenor there was the fel wolf that hunters could tame only after a challenging open world solo boss and Fenrir you could only tame after soloing a dungeon on mythic. That sort of stuff is neat. It is challenging but without the social pressure of “you will make these other people angry and miserable if you mess up”

Personally, I hope to see a lot more solo, non-challenging content so I’ll have something to do besides make my own fun. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like how casuals are the 99% despite their very title suggests they won’t be around for long.

I’ve been a casual since 2004, have not unsubscribed once, I received a wolf statue, and I have a WotLK world first.

It was for fishing.

Your argument makes no sense.

1 Like

I would re-word your title to -“It’s okay to reward the 1%, I get it. But can casuals get cool stuff too?”

Like, c’mon. Idk, I guess they sort of do. But it’s true there’s really cool stuff not everyone can get, that maybe they should be able to get. I really wanted the mythic set from S1 or 2 of shadowlands. But I’ll probably never mythic raid. Although as you pointed out, maybe in the future I can come back to it legacy mythic raiding.

It does seem strange, and I can see how it would be upsetting to those who aren’t good enough, that the coolest stuff is typically locked behind harder content. I don’t expect much change though; we’ll see.

I have a simple solution…get gud stop being bad and you will have sets/mounts

They do that from time to time. Everyone can get the Slime Cat mount in S4, and I’d say a good chunk of unobtainable things were stuff you got just for logging in at the right time.

Blizzard wants people to participate, whether it’s the highest end or just getting people to an event. Hell, I got unique weapons for logging in during the opening a movie I didn’t even watch.

He who stands on tip toe is agile, adaptable.
He who rushes in is brave.
He who tries to shine brightens the room for all.
He who defines himself has looked inward.
He who has power over others is trusted
He who clings to his work has pride in his effort.

I can do this too.

Oh, you’re one of those.

I would suggest reading The Fountainhead and Atlas Shrugged.

You’ll love them.

Just don’t play the Bioshock series after. That was crafted by my people to criticize your people.

1 Like