Stop Only Updating Us On twitter!

I don’t think modern companies host their own websites. It’s pretty much all aws

I guess I’m more practical. For me it’s just another site that I occasionally look at for information. I have more venom along the lines of what you feel for Pinterest.

Twitter is worthless; just don’t use it imo.

OP said ONLY updating on Twitter.

Does having ugly green text require you to just not read the OP?

3 Likes

No, ugly green text is reserved for people who never criticize blizzard because blizzard is obviously infallible.

1 Like

They have done this for years and its unforgivable.

Lets not forget they have people whos sole job is to attend to these forums that could report it here and cant be bothered to.

Its more dangerous when some one gets to arbitrarily decided what is truth and what is false.

I don’t agree with your statement. You are enabling dangerous vitriol that is false and must be censored.

Of course, that wouldn’t be right for me to decide, nor should any one have that power. Else we venture down a dark path and repeat 20th century history.

Censorship breeds resentment and hate. Until it boils over.

This is the 21st century version of book burning. By silencing freedom of ideas and expression.

4 Likes

Well what do you expect, if they pulled their finger out and properly moderated these forums years ago it would not have gone this far downhill.

They avoided the forums for probably half the games lifespan and then wonder why it became a cesspool.

2 Likes

Jesus, my guy you need to relax.

Have you not seen the world lately? Hard to do so. :frowning:

Twitter has a right to moderate their own platform just as the person you quoted has a right to dump it.

Tbh, I’m kinda glad people are looking for alternatives to twitter. I don’t like the idea of a social media platform that has as much of a stranglehold on the market as twitter does. It just gives them way too much power in what people see or don’t see.

i remember when blizz used to actually use the forum. i don’t use twitter never will. have no use for it.

1 Like

it was a cesspool back then albeit maybe not AS bad but it wasn’t that good.

As much as I’m opposed to them putting information on third party websites,maybe you don’t realize sometimes that in the past when maintenance used to happen, forums used to go down as well.
this simply means that they have separated the two services and are using a different service for communication, perhaps a service that is more resilient.
I know technology is kind of tough to comprehend sometimes but trust me, you don’t put all your eggs in one basket, and that is essentially the philosophy here.

Yeah I dont do Twitter and never will.
Need another way to communicate to non Twittereers

Good for them honestly. This place is a cesspool.

Better yet, when you open the BNET launcher, when you go to open your game. In case you right clicked from the tray and selected WoW. Have the notice pop up at the character select screen on the side there.

Holy crap, a wild Crepe post.

But you know, it’s entirely possible for them to post on both the forums AND twitter?

1 Like

Unless your comments are politically motivated, it’s simply a place to communicate with a large audience, just like any other website. It’s an organizational decision based on the audience, financial implications, and perhaps and understanding of the resilient nature of the service. You don’t really have to like it, and you always welcome to come over here and check the forums for people screaming and hollering, and hopefully that’ll serve as a notice that blizzard services are down as well.

lol at these reported posts

people are willingly and enthusiastically jumping into the belly of the beast on this one huh