Stop Only Posting Issues On Twitter

This needs to stop Blizzard. You have an official support forum and you don’t even post updates to login issues there. You keep posting them on your stupid Twitter page where I am sure a lot of us don’t know to look.

If I want to get updates on login issues such as the one most of us are experiencing now with Fios, then I should be able to find a blue post on your support forums, not your Twitter account.

22 Likes
3 Likes

Lmao!!! I remember that episode.

Their support forums are basically run by fellow players anyway. I think when they fired 800 people, that pretty much wiped out most of those that would communicate if they could.

As of writing this, the last blue post on the general discussion forums was a week and a half ago. They definitely leave much to be desired when it comes to communication.

6 Likes

They’ve got all the time in the world to post on reddit.

They can get away with all sorts of things there :wink:

:scissors: :fire:

1 Like

I posted my reply to your thread on Twitter.

5 Likes

Oh you did huh?

Why would you need information about realms that crashed and what they’re doing to fix it - if it’s Not your realm?

I don’t do Twitface but I know to go there if I have an issue with MY realm.

Can you imagine the size of the thread listing every single booboo they’re fixing - especially on this forum where threads never cap off?

It’s better this way.

2 Likes

This is not a realm specific problem. It’s an internet provider problem. So far everyone who is with Fios cannot connect to anything Blizzard related. Go to the supoort forums and see for yourself. Not a single blue post so far stating there is an issue. No, you have to go to a third party website that isn’t even Blizzard related to find out what’s going on instead of you know, go to their support forums where anyone else would know to look?

5 Likes

I have already said it. Blizzard has declared these forums a total lose.

3 Likes

LInks please.
NO skal until then!

I’d believe it. Dont necessarily blame them for not wanting to participate at this point but at the same time this is the community that they’ve created.

Blizzard: “hey guys on forums! We want to discuss about things with the game, post them here”

Forum users: “lul game sucks, fire Ian, fire ghostcrawler, fire the whole Dev team! Grab the pitchforks!”

Blizzard goes silent and uses Twitter or other means of communication

Forum users: “Why aren’t they responding to us? Why are blues ignoring us?”

5 Likes

Well if it’s a ISP problem, why would it concern anybody else who’s not in your part of the world? Why would it need to be reported on these forums by Blizzard?

I don’t see the point of this thread here. Especially when it’s not a direct Blizzard issue…you know.

1 Like

Why would you need to know the answer to that question?

It sounds like you do 'do twitface.' :laughing:

Yes.

Which way is better than the way that you’re going if you’re unable to go another way to compare ways? In other words, how do you know this way from…

that way?

Another way to put it would be…

witch way is your way?

Fearful manchildren afraid of their own customers.

2 Likes

…sand I’m certain Twitter and all the rest are just perfect little angels of fluffy sweetness.
.saec off.

If you serious think that is how every post and thread reads, then making stories you are.

IF blizzard thinks forums are no good, then why they are still here?

Skäl.:beer:

They failed to nurture their community in a direction that is respectful and decent. Look at FFXIV’s community in comparison to WoW.

That’s why I say they only have themselves to blame for the community they now avoid but I understand why they’ve just detached themselves entirely now.

2 Likes

Lore literally had a breakdown on Twitter because of all the people that were harassing him there. Try again.

4 Likes

No I don’t know. Are you serious? Really? Are you? Because I simply cannot take you seriously. This is a problem for both Blizzard, and Fios because for Blizzard, it means a lot of frustrated and angry players who cannot play the game, and for Fios because they are likely the cause of the issue.

As a company it is Blizzard’s responsibility to keep their paying customers informed of when there is an issue keeping a good portion of their playerbase from playing the game. I am sure a LOT of us use Fios as internet access. So that means a LOT of us currently cannot play the game.

Please stop being so close minded.

1 Like